Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:23:21 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Free Agency: Who is Available?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Free Agency: Who is Available?  (Read 7414 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2020, 08:25:39 pm »

Looks like a certain QB out of Tampa is available.  He's way better than anything you've had over the years. 

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2020, 07:59:16 am »

Looks like a certain QB out of Tampa is available.  He's way better than anything you've had over the years. 
It's okay, that garbage rapist who throws as many INTs as TDs can stay a FA.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2020, 11:51:10 am »

it's good tampa upgraded their QB to one with more mobility .. it's not like lobster hands wasn't running for his life half the time as it was
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 01:27:39 pm »

With the free agent signings of some quality Edge Rushers, DE is not as much of a pressing need as it was before free agency signings.  Assuming the Dolphins keep the 18th overall pick, there are enough quality OTs coming out of the draft this year that they should be able to draft a very high quality Tackle at #18 overall.   Locking up a high quality Tackle for a few years with a rookie contract would definitely be a salary cap friendly move.   
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 02:26:52 pm »

I'd be stoked if Miami went:
1a. Tua
1b. Offensive Tackle (Andrew Thomas?)
1c. Offensive tackle (Josh Jones?)
2a. Interior lineman (Tyler Biadasz or Cesar Ruiz)
2b. Running back (Taylor, Swift, Dobbins, Akers, Edwards-Helaire) or the best Safety available.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2020, 04:46:56 pm »

I'd be stoked if Miami went:
1a. Tua
1b. Offensive Tackle (Andrew Thomas?)
1c. Offensive tackle (Josh Jones?)
2a. Interior lineman (Tyler Biadasz or Cesar Ruiz)
2b. Running back (Taylor, Swift, Dobbins, Akers, Edwards-Helaire) or the best Safety available.

If the Dolphins draft Tua, I would love to see them get Jedrick Wills with pick #18 because he is a Right Tackle (Tua's blindside since Tua is a lefty) and being from Alabama, he is already accustomed to blocking for Tua.   I'm a huge Biadasz fan and wouldn't spend a 1st rounder on him but would be delighted to get him in the 2nd round. 
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2020, 09:22:21 pm »

If the Dolphins draft Tua, I would love to see them get Jedrick Wills with pick #18 because he is a Right Tackle (Tua's blindside since Tua is a lefty) and being from Alabama, he is already accustomed to blocking for Tua.   I'm a huge Biadasz fan and wouldn't spend a 1st rounder on him but would be delighted to get him in the 2nd round. 

Willis is a high quality tackle who can play both ends.   He will be gone long before #18.   

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2020, 10:01:58 am »

Willis is a high quality tackle who can play both ends.   He will be gone long before #18.   

I could see him going around #12, but teams usually panic reach for QB's way earlier than they should.  So although it is unlikely, it isn't totally impossible that he would be there at 18.  A man can dream, can't he?   Grin
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2020, 11:14:28 am »

I could see him going around #12, but teams usually panic reach for QB's way earlier than they should.  So although it is unlikely, it isn't totally impossible that he would be there at 18.  A man can dream, can't he?   Grin

I've done probably close to 100 mock drafts for Miami on Fanspeak so far, and Tua at #5 and whichever of the top-5 OTs fall to #18 is a pretty popular duo for me. I've even gotten Tua-Becton on a number of mocks, and Becton is my #1 OT in this class..

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2020, 11:22:00 am »

I've done probably close to 100 mock drafts for Miami on Fanspeak so far, and Tua at #5 and whichever of the top-5 OTs fall to #18 is a pretty popular duo for me. I've even gotten Tua-Becton on a number of mocks, and Becton is my #1 OT in this class..

6-foot-7, 364 pounds and can move!   Shocked
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2020, 12:45:42 pm »

6-foot-7, 364 pounds and can move!   Shocked

Yeah, he is straight out of a monster movie. Massive, fast, long arms, big hands and looks at every defender like he not only wants to beat them, but punish and embarrass them.

All-Pro OT by year 3...and I'm lighting candles that he either gets to Miami or SF (as Staley's replacement)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2020, 02:06:43 pm »

Yeah, he is straight out of a monster movie. Massive, fast, long arms, big hands and looks at every defender like he not only wants to beat them, but punish and embarrass them.

All-Pro OT by year 3...and I'm lighting candles that he either gets to Miami or SF (as Staley's replacement)

I'd be even so bold as to compare him to Jonathan Ogden.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2020, 09:13:04 am »

I spend way too much time on FanSpeak and blame you for my addiction which started last year when you told me about it.  It is a lot of fun.  I've done probably 50 mocks on it myself already this year.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2020, 09:42:21 am »

I spend way too much time on FanSpeak and blame you for my addiction which started last year when you told me about it.  It is a lot of fun.  I've done probably 50 mocks on it myself already this year.

Guilty as charged!!   Grin   Did you pony up for the Premium so you can wheel and deal with your draft picks?

I'd be even so bold as to compare him to Jonathan Ogden.

Bold comp for sure...but I like it!

~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2020, 10:59:10 am »

A quick 3-rounder...  Wink

R1P5  -  QB TUA TAGOVAILOA - ALABAMA
R1P18 -  OT JEDRICK WILLS JR. - ALABAMA
R1P26 -  DL MARLON DAVIDSON - AUBURN
R2P12  -  S GRANT DELPIT - LSU
R2P24  -  CB BRYCE HALL - VIRGINIA
R3P6   -  C TYLER BIADASZ - WISCONSIN
R3P11 -  WR TYLER JOHNSON - MINNESOTA

TRADES
TRADE PARTNER:
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
SENT:ROUND: 2 PICK: 7
RECEIVED:ROUND: 2 PICK: 12, ROUND: 3 PICK: 11

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray