Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:00:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Free Agency: Who is Available?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Free Agency: Who is Available?  (Read 7485 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2020, 02:57:20 pm »

Guilty as charged!!   Grin   Did you pony up for the Premium so you can wheel and deal with your draft picks?

Of course, that is the only way to go.   
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2020, 03:22:07 pm »

Could you imagine the line with Davidson, holy shit.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2020, 12:17:24 pm »

Are we done? Is every team done? There was a 3 day flurry and now nothing. I know Clowney is still out there because he is a dumbass who thinks 3 sacks in an injured season means he should get $20 Million, anyone else of value?
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2020, 06:34:22 pm »

Are we done? Is every team done? There was a 3 day flurry and now nothing. I know Clowney is still out there because he is a dumbass who thinks 3 sacks in an injured season means he should get $20 Million, anyone else of value?

If you're looking for solid backs who can catch passes out of the backfield, Devonta Freeman and Theo Riddick are both available.   Also, with Jax rebuilding, they are shopping Leonard Fournette.   Any of those guys will boost up the RB stable for both your team and mine.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2020, 07:36:05 am »

If you're looking for solid backs who can catch passes out of the backfield, Devonta Freeman and Theo Riddick are both available.   Also, with Jax rebuilding, they are shopping Leonard Fournette.   Any of those guys will boost up the RB stable for both your team and mine.
I think it's pretty much a lock the Dolphins are taking one of the premier RBs in the draft in the second or third round.  Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers or Edwards-Helaire will be a Dolphin.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2020, 01:22:58 pm »

I think it's pretty much a lock the Dolphins are taking one of the premier RBs in the draft in the second or third round.  Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers or Edwards-Helaire will be a Dolphin.

Agreed.  Why pay Free Agent market prices when you can draft someone in the 3rd or 4th round to do pretty much the same thing at comparable production but on a rookie (cheap) contract?   The Dolphins don't need to spend a 2nd round pick on Swift.  This is a pretty deep draft for RBs. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2020, 01:53:56 pm »

Agreed.  Why pay Free Agent market prices when you can draft someone in the 3rd or 4th round to do pretty much the same thing at comparable production but on a rookie (cheap) contract?   The Dolphins don't need to spend a 2nd round pick on Swift.  This is a pretty deep draft for RBs. 
I'm okay with using a 2nd rounder on Swift, I'm not okay using a first rounder on a RB though, which a lot of mocks have us taking at 26.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2020, 02:13:05 pm »

I'm okay with using a 2nd rounder on Swift, I'm not okay using a first rounder on a RB though, which a lot of mocks have us taking at 26.

If Miami is going to "Get Schwifty" or one of the other top RBs, I'd prefer to see them wait until round 2 as well...and preferably the later of the 2 second rounders. Too many of Miami's need positions (OT, S, DE) in this class are top-heavy, so I'd rather see us cherry pick off the top for those positions and get a RB later.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2020, 04:07:29 pm »

Barry Sanders would have trouble running behind this OL.  So unless it significantly improves, it won't matter who the RB is. 
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2020, 10:57:25 pm »

Agreed.  Why pay Free Agent market prices when you can draft someone in the 3rd or 4th round to do pretty much the same thing at comparable production but on a rookie (cheap) contract?   The Dolphins don't need to spend a 2nd round pick on Swift.  This is a pretty deep draft for RBs.  

Actually Freeman and Riddick can be had cheap or at least with "prove it" deals.   Fournette, not so much.  He would be in the 5th year option of his rookie contract so his salary jumps.  And if he lights it up, he's gonna want big money.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2020, 08:33:16 am »

Barry Sanders would have trouble running behind this OL.  So unless it significantly improves, it won't matter who the RB is. 
I get your point but Barry ran behind some really crappy lines. He turned losses in the backfield into 70 yard TDS. He was as special as they come. I think he was the first player from another team I’d seek out to watch.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2020, 08:36:04 am »

I get your point but Barry ran behind some really crappy lines. He turned losses in the backfield into 70 yard TDS. He was as special as they come. I think he was the first player from another team I’d seek out to watch.
It still makes me angry that he wanted to come to Miami and play with Marino, but Detroit wouldn't approve a trade so he retired.  Marino retired the next year, so I don't know if it would have made a difference, but still, Sanders was my favorite player that didn't play for Miami.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2020, 08:49:49 am »

It still makes me angry that he wanted to come to Miami and play with Marino, but Detroit wouldn't approve a trade so he retired.  Marino retired the next year, so I don't know if it would have made a difference, but still, Sanders was my favorite player that didn't play for Miami.
Sanders was my favorite player behind our own #13. I didn't realize that he wanted to go to Miami. That could have been a heck of an offense. Even if Marino and Sanders only had one year together Sanders could have potentially stuck around for longer in Miami. I'm really angry now.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2020, 01:01:03 pm »

Are we misremembering? I  don't think the Sanders to Miami thing had any traction until Barry was already retired and it was spurred by Dolphins fans and staff interested in him.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 01:04:17 pm by Phishfan » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2020, 01:07:49 pm »

Are we misremembering? I  don't think the Sanders to Miami thing had any traction until Barry was already retired and it was spurred by Dolphins fans and staff interested in him.

Article from 2000, year after he retired:

https://oklahoman.com/article/2681200/agent-says-barry-sanders-would-consider-dolphins

Detroit said he had to play for them or no one though, so nothing happened.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 01:54:56 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray