Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:20:46 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  What is the benefit of remaining one country?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: What is the benefit of remaining one country?  (Read 8314 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2020, 01:49:57 pm »

It is well documented that undocumented aliens are actually less likely to commit crime than native born citizens. 

Even though 100% of illegal aliens (the correct legal term as established by the Supreme Court in Arizona v. United States, 2012) have already committed a crime by entering the country illegally?
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2020, 01:57:06 pm »

Even though 100% of illegal aliens (the correct legal term as established by the Supreme Court in Arizona v. United States, 2012) have already committed a crime by entering the country illegally?

a majority of illegals enter the country legally
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2020, 02:08:54 pm »

I am assuming you are referring to visa overstays which although not a federal offense, is a civil violation and handled in immigration court.  But they aren't the "majority".   More like around 40%.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 02:13:51 pm by Dolphster » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2020, 02:12:11 pm »

I don't see your point.  I can enter a department store legally but hide somewhere and come out once they're closed, and it would be illegal.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2020, 02:14:21 pm »

It is well documented that undocumented aliens are actually less likely to commit crime than native born citizens. 
Answer me this ... how many american citizens are you ok with being raped or killed in order to say its bad?

It happens all the time. Just happened a few days ago. Dude was released by NY police and 40 days later rapes and murders a 92 year old woman. Who knows how many other crimes he committed during that time?

Guyanese charged with killing and raping 92-year-old overstayed visa and dodged ICE detainer

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/guyanan-charged-with-killing-raping-92-year-old-overstayed-visa-dodged-ice-detainer

A 21-year-old Latin American man charged in New York City with raping and murdering a 92-year-old woman overstayed his 2016 tourist visa, a serious immigration crime that can lead to deportation and a complete ban from ever entering the country.

Federal law enforcement officials told Secrets late Wednesday that Guyanese Reeaz Khan's illegal status is what prompted them to ask city police to detain him for deportation after his arrest on Nov. 27 for assaulting his father with a broken ceramic mug.

But, instead, the city followed Mayor Bill de Blasio’s “sanctuary city” policies for illegal immigrants and released him, ignoring the detainer request from Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2020, 05:18:29 pm »

I just have a really hard time seeing police and then military attacking gun supporters regardless of who is in power. Police and military are overwhelmingly conservative and libertarian.
Sounds like you're saying that conservatives and libertarians have little to fear from the government, regardless of how many guns they have.  But if you're not a conservative/libertarian, well, your family might end up in a "detention center"... and the number of guns you have won't prevent that.

Again: if you belong to a politically powerful constituency, you don't need guns to protect you from the gov't, and if you don't, guns won't help.  I assure you that had the New Black Panther Party staged a hostile armed takeover of a federal law enforcement building, the feds would have rained ordnance on them and they wouldn't have gotten a month of play-acting first.  Same goes for any NBPP member who dared train a rifle on federal law enforcement agents.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2020, 05:36:14 pm »

Answer me this ... how many american citizens are you ok with being raped or killed in order to say its bad?
That question doesn't make sense.  If illegal immigrants commit less violent crime than legal residents, we are statistically safer (in terms of crime rates) with them in the country.  For example, if women commit less violent crime than men, it doesn't make sense to push for draconian punishment for violent female criminals by asking how many victims are acceptable; we should ask that about the men first.

If the goal is to reduce violent crime, we should be spending less on deporting immigrants and more on locking up citizens.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:39:07 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray