Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:21:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Race Recommendations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Race Recommendations  (Read 862 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: March 04, 2020, 07:35:22 pm »

Sadly, the Tough Mudder is not coming to my state this year.  They said they hope it will return in 2021.       

I am thinking about another race.  I see ads for them all the time on facebook.  They include Spartan Races and Terrain Races.

Have you ever done a race like this?  What was the experience like?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 08:32:31 am »

I've been running OCR since, literally, the beginning of the sport.  I ran the first Spartan race ever (which turned into the first Hurricane Heat because of an actual hurricane).  It depends on what kind of challenge you're looking for.  I generally run a handful of sprints, supers and one beast ever year; add in one stadium.  I haven't done a ultra beast in a long time (getting too old).  I haven't done a hurricane in about five but those are a blast.

Spartan is not Mudder.  While I'm not as active on the Mudder scene, I've done 13 to date.  If you'd like a race which is almost a combo of the "best of both worlds" - Savage Race is your best bet.  They take some of the best ideas from both races and combine them.  I love Savage Race.  If you're looking for something that is a challenge, but still a blast, give Rugged Maniac a shot.  Great race.

Good luck.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray