Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:33:38 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Miami Hires Steve Marshall as O-Line Coach
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Miami Hires Steve Marshall as O-Line Coach  (Read 1918 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: January 16, 2020, 10:49:32 am »

He has worked with Chan Gailey in the past. 40 years of experience with 10 of those being in the NFL.

I have no strong opinions on this because I don't know anything about the man but on the surface it seems good that the O-Line coach and OC are familiar with each other. I imagine Chan recommended him, otherwise it's just a coincidence that they worked together before. Let's hope for the best.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 11:42:29 am »

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned about the coaching changes is the fact that the next 2 offseasons will be 2 of the most important offseasons that the Dolphins have had in years. If they get it right it could set them up for years. If not it could set them back for years. One thing that a lot of these coaches have is experience. Not just coaching experience but also a lot of offseason experience with drafts and free agency. All that experience should pay off not just with the coaching but also in finding talent. At least one can hope.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 11:50:08 am »

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned about the coaching changes is the fact that the next 2 offseasons will be 2 of the most important offseasons that the Dolphins have had in years. If they get it right it could set them up for years. If not it could set them back for years. One thing that a lot of these coaches have is experience. Not just coaching experience but also a lot of offseason experience with drafts and free agency. All that experience should pay off not just with the coaching but also in finding talent. At least one can hope.

Yeah, this is one of the most important offseasons we have ever had. We gambled on a complete reboot and now is the time to see if it worked. While I don't like the coaching staff turnover, you can't go into 2020 unless you are sure you got the right guys. Clearly, the 2019 staff were not the right guys.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 12:37:49 pm »

Excellent point Pappy.  With a lot of new players coming in over the next two years the Dolphins really need stability from the HC all the way down to the lowest rung of coaches.  I can't say I like the fact that coaches are leaving after one year, especially since, IMO, the team outperformed given the roster they had to work with.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 01:01:12 pm »

Excellent point Pappy.  With a lot of new players coming in over the next two years the Dolphins really need stability from the HC all the way down to the lowest rung of coaches.  I can't say I like the fact that coaches are leaving after one year, especially since, IMO, the team outperformed given the roster they had to work with.

At the end of the year I thought we outperformed too, but then I saw our margin of victory and see we just eeked out some wins. We won 5 games by a combined 24 points. Missed FG here or a stop on 3rd down there and we are the Bengals and drafting Burrow. These types of things tend to not happen every year so we really suck ass aside from a few players. That being said, I'm fine with the coaching turnover if they feel they weren't the men for the future.

I just hope the guys we hired are.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 01:34:46 pm »

Offensively we are getting coaches with a lot of experience. Not so on defense but Flores is going to be very involved over there ala Belichick.  From what I've been hearing he was very involved already and may be why we lost our DC to the Giants. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 12:15:44 am »

At the end of the year I thought we outperformed too, but then I saw our margin of victory and see we just eeked out some wins. We won 5 games by a combined 24 points.

But that's the nature of the NFL, every week there are games decided by a field goal.  Miami also lost two games by 1 point, so they could have finished 7-9.  The Titans won three games by a combined 10 pts, so by your logic they could have finished 6-10 and out of the playoffs.  You are what your record says you are.  And lets be clear about those five games, only the win against Cincy should have had a larger margin of victory.  The other four: Beating the Patriots in Foxboro, beating the Jets in NY when they were just under .500 and in the playoff hunt, beating the Eagles who were in the playoff hunt, and beating the Colts in Indianapolis when at the time the Colts were 5-3, and Miami was a miserable 1-7.  So expressing the opinion that they won 5 games by only 24 pts is a bit disingenuous.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray