Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:39:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash  (Read 3075 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« on: January 26, 2020, 03:00:34 pm »

He was taking his 13 year old daughter to a travel basketball game.   Also on board were one of her fellow teammates and that teammate's parents.   My prayers are with everyone's families.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 08:32:10 pm by BuccaneerBrad » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 07:35:29 am »

Already tragic, but having his daughter on board.  That really sucks.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 09:29:15 am »

I feel that Kobe had more to contribute.  He was a deeper figure than just basketball.  Tragic.

I drink your milkshake!
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 10:04:23 am »

I still haven't accepted or processed this. One of my top favorite athletes of all time. My favorite Laker behind Magic. He was so much more than just a basketball player too. He did a lot of good, and had more good to do. It's even a worse tragedy when you take into consideration that 8 other people including his 13 year old and 3 members from another family are gone too. I was exploring the idea of being at the hall of fame in Springfield for his induction ceremony scheduled for this year.
The Lakers had better win it all this year.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 10:28:56 am by stinkfish » Logged

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 01:52:09 pm »

I hate to see anyone die young but really feel worse for the kids. Kobe has lived life more than most of us will ever but those kids were just beginning. Sadly ... I think his estate ends up getting sued over this. Other helicopters, including the Sheriff's Dept, were grounded because of the fog but he flew anyway. I bet at least one of the other families will use that to sue.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 02:08:48 pm »

RIP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 02:10:35 pm »

I hate to see anyone die young but really feel worse for the kids. Kobe has lived life more than most of us will ever but those kids were just beginning. Sadly ... I think his estate ends up getting sued over this. Other helicopters, including the Sheriff's Dept, were grounded because of the fog but he flew anyway. I bet at least one of the other families will use that to sue.

I am not sure how you sue Kobe over this.  The pilot's estate or the company the pilot worked for or the folks that approved the flight -- sure.  Kobe was one of the passenger's.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 02:23:45 pm »

Sad day this is R.I.P #8 #24 #2 and the families that were affected by this unfortunate tragedy Cry

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 02:28:00 pm »

I am not sure how you sue Kobe over this.  The pilot's estate or the company the pilot worked for or the folks that approved the flight -- sure.  Kobe was one of the passenger's.
It was his personal plane. I'm the first one to say lawyers are pieces of crap but one of the biggest "pieces of crap" I know makes a ton of money representing bikers who are in the wrong and yet he can still find ways to prove they aren't 100% in the wrong. It totally blows my mind. If a biker is doing 120 mph and rear ends a car on the interstate while lane-splitting in a state that doesn't allow lane splitting you'd think it was the bikers fault. Well I no longer think that.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 07:39:24 pm »

It was his personal plane. I'm the first one to say lawyers are pieces of crap but one of the biggest "pieces of crap" I know makes a ton of money representing bikers who are in the wrong and yet he can still find ways to prove they aren't 100% in the wrong. It totally blows my mind. If a biker is doing 120 mph and rear ends a car on the interstate while lane-splitting in a state that doesn't allow lane splitting you'd think it was the bikers fault. Well I no longer think that.

I won’t be too upset if the kids who lost a parent get their college paid for by the half billion dollar Kobe Bryant estate.  Actually probably the right thing to do is for his heirs to offer a couple hundred thousand to each of the families saying “Kobe would want the kids taken care of” proactively and avoid the whole mess.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 01:34:17 am »

Lakers couldn’t even win tonight for Kobe. I was expecting them to be playing lights out and angry. Inspired. You know? But no. This was the one night that they needed to win and they couldn’t.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2020, 09:44:39 am »

Goes to show it is never good to be a helicopter parent.  What?  Too soon?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2020, 10:39:43 am »

I was wrong ... Kobe didn't own the helicopter and his wife Vanessa has already filed lawsuit against the company that did.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2020, 08:03:54 pm »

I was wrong ... Kobe didn't own the helicopter and his wife Vanessa has already filed lawsuit against the company that did.

The pilot had previously been disciplined by the FAA for flying in inclement weather.   

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray