Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:26:15 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Give me Herbert over Tua.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Print
Author Topic: Give me Herbert over Tua.  (Read 39373 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #240 on: March 02, 2020, 12:21:19 pm »

Mia has a history of weird interviews, just ask Dez Bryant.
There was nothing weird about that, his mom was a hooker.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #241 on: March 02, 2020, 12:58:39 pm »

Mia has a history of weird interviews, just ask Dez Bryant.

Yeah, but that made Miami look bad. Tua complaining that they didn't treat him like Jesus makes him look bad, so it makes no sense for him to let that out. That's why I think it's just made up.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #242 on: March 02, 2020, 01:31:37 pm »

Yeah, but that made Miami look bad. Tua complaining that they didn't treat him like Jesus makes him look bad, so it makes no sense for him to let that out. That's why I think it's just made up.

And he wouldn't dispute it why?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #243 on: March 02, 2020, 01:58:41 pm »

And he wouldn't dispute it why?

I imagine a top prospect having to address every rumor with his name attached to it could be exhausting...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #244 on: March 02, 2020, 02:09:02 pm »

Sometimes by not addressing it, you're addressing it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #245 on: March 02, 2020, 03:54:39 pm »

Sometimes by not addressing it, you're addressing it.

If you address none you are safe.  If you address some rumors and not others is when conclusion can be drawn.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #246 on: March 02, 2020, 08:07:40 pm »

I'm just going to say this is the only "rumor " I have heard that addresses his thoughts. I'd speak up on this myself.  One statement clears the entire thing if it isn't true.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #247 on: March 03, 2020, 09:52:45 am »

One statement clears the entire thing if it isn't true.

Assuming that the statement is true.

If Dez made a statement about how his mother isn't a prostitute, but I can show receipts, well...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #248 on: March 03, 2020, 09:58:48 am »

Still can't believe we asked Dez Bryant if his Mother had sex for money.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #249 on: March 05, 2020, 10:58:21 am »

I read an article today that Armando wrote and it got me to thinking....

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article240905256.html

In the 2012 NFL draft Miami chose the consensus 3rd best QB available with the 8th pick, Ryan Tannehill. The top 2 QB's that year were considered to be Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III. Those that don't learn from the past are bound to repeat it.

That sounds like a knock on Justin Herbert doesn't it? It isn't. Ryan Tannehill was actually the right pick in 2012, that wasn't a mistake. It's clear now from looking at Ryan Tannehill's playoff run in 2019 that the problem wasn't him, but rather that the Dolphins failed to put a team around him. Actually the same can be said of Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III. Luck was considered by most to be the closest thing to a can't miss QB in years, sounds familiar right? But he failed to take the Colts to the promised land and the reason is simple, they never put enough talent around him.

Nothing has changed. Whether the Dolphins get Tua, Burrows, Herbert or someone else it really won't matter unless they also restock the entire team. It would be a huge mistake to put all their hopes on a single player. The best way to ensure they choose the right QB will be to choose the right players with the rest of their available draft picks and free agents. Do that and you'll have the right QB. Don't do it and there's no possible way that QB is gonna change anything.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 05:31:02 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #250 on: March 05, 2020, 11:04:56 am »

no trade ups !
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #251 on: March 05, 2020, 11:42:24 am »

no trade ups !

Any trades will be done the day of the draft or with the Redskins so it guarantees our choice of player after Burrow. I just don't think it is necessary, but you can never count out stupid teams like the Rams throwing away their future for a system QB in Goff. As much as I want Tua, I would just feel dirty trading away an extra 1st rounder for him "just in case". And that will be the cost, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Even to go from 3 to 2 will cost an extra first rounder.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #252 on: March 06, 2020, 09:29:28 pm »

Trading up with WSH is an incredibly bad idea.  DET is cheaper and you get the same value.

I would sleep quite soundly knowing that MIA traded HOU's pick to get either a) the QB they tanked the whole season for or b) the best player in the draft.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 09:31:08 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #253 on: March 07, 2020, 02:38:19 pm »

Trading up with WSH is an incredibly bad idea.  DET is cheaper and you get the same value.

I would sleep quite soundly knowing that MIA traded HOU's pick to get either a) the QB they tanked the whole season for or b) the best player in the draft.

Theoretically it is cheaper but in reality it's probably going to be the same price since they are going to charge us for what we want, not what the pick is worth. That being said, the Redskins are a weird organization, no guarantees that they don't pick Tua themselves OR trade with another team who wants Tua. The #2 pick is the only guaranteed slot for Tua. We all love Chase Young but let's not spend two 1st rounders on him.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2020, 11:56:04 am »

Watch this if you think Herbert is going to be any good.  Spoiler alert, he won't.  Can only throw to first and second read, and struggles even with only two reads, inconsistent accuracy at all levels, has only one speed on his throws, fast ball, etc.

https://youtu.be/5Qj_TIx1FuA
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray