Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:18:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Give me Herbert over Tua.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Print
Author Topic: Give me Herbert over Tua.  (Read 39402 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2020, 12:46:48 pm »

There was nothing weird about that, his mom was a hooker.

At least she was working for a living.  That was a joke, people.   I think the reason they ask questions like that during combine is to see how players respond to pressure and highly emotional situations.  Written tests can only tell you so much.  It may not be nice.  But put someone on the hot seat and throw unexpected, highly charged questions/scenarios at them and you get a much better indication of their makeup than giving them written tests where they can think about how best to answer.   No different from interviewing criminal suspects, promotion boards in law enforcement/military/etc.   
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2020, 01:16:24 pm »

Watch this if you think Herbert is going to be any good.  Spoiler alert, he won't.  Can only throw to first and second read, and struggles even with only two reads, inconsistent accuracy at all levels, has only one speed on his throws, fast ball, etc.

https://youtu.be/5Qj_TIx1FuA

If Tua is off the board, I honestly don't know what to do about the QB situation. Great QBs don't become free agents and it's a pipe dream to think we can get Lawrence next year. I don't want to get Herbert just because we need a QB but then what? Draft a project in the 3rd round?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #257 on: March 09, 2020, 03:59:53 pm »

His 4 month scans just came back clean. Said to be very positive and he is basically good to go.

So, now we wait.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #258 on: March 09, 2020, 04:13:55 pm »

Tua's getting drafted by Washington to be RIvera's new Cam Newton

and they won't trade that pick
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #259 on: March 09, 2020, 04:40:29 pm »

Tua's getting drafted by Washington to be RIvera's new Cam Newton

and they won't trade that pick

I'm not putting it against them although they drafted Haskins last year in the 1st round and that was at the behest of Dan Snyder. Snyder loves him, he even rushed to the locker room during the season because he briefly got injured. Snyder is a dope and micro manages that team so it isn't likely they pick another QB and throw away last year's 1st rounder, especially when he didn't get a fair chance to prove himself.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #260 on: March 10, 2020, 02:36:54 am »

If Tua is off the board, I honestly don't know what to do about the QB situation. Great QBs don't become free agents and it's a pipe dream to think we can get Lawrence next year. I don't want to get Herbert just because we need a QB but then what? Draft a project in the 3rd round?

Have the staff do some fucking homework and find the QB. I keep saying it,  none of the top QBs in the league are top 5 picks. Put down the pipe dream and think about the facts.  No QB is going to do anything without a line  first and supporting cast second. We still have a guy sporting Suck for Luck and  that turned out great for the Colts.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #261 on: March 10, 2020, 07:45:24 am »

^Offensive line will be fixed this season, and will fully gel next season...just in time for Tua to become the franchise.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #262 on: March 10, 2020, 08:52:50 am »

Great QBs don't become free agents

Have you looked at this year's FA QB class?  Undecided

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #263 on: March 10, 2020, 10:10:25 am »

Have you looked at this year's FA QB class?  Undecided

Also, I predict that next years Hall of fame class will include a QB that was a FA pick up that won a sb with his new team.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 10:23:29 am by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #264 on: March 10, 2020, 10:38:06 am »

Have you looked at this year's FA QB class?  Undecided

Guys in their 40s aren't going to help us this year since we still aren't a contender. Leaving those guys out, the best available QB is......Ryan Tannehill.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #265 on: March 10, 2020, 11:31:27 am »

Also, I predict that next years Hall of fame class will include a QB that was a FA pick up that won a sb with his new team.

At first, I was going to remind you that none of the HoF-caliber QBs this season will be eligible for next year's HoF class (5-year wait list), but then I remembered who actually IS in the 2021 HoF class (Peyton).

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #266 on: March 10, 2020, 01:00:01 pm »

At first, I was going to remind you that none of the HoF-caliber QBs this season will be eligible for next year's HoF class (5-year wait list), but then I remembered who actually IS in the 2021 HoF class (Peyton).

That was the dude I was referring to.  Pretty good FA pick up by Denver.  Did the Dolphins even make him an offer?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #267 on: March 10, 2020, 01:33:48 pm »

That was the dude I was referring to.  Pretty good FA pick up by Denver.  Did the Dolphins even make him an offer?

We were going to throw the moon at him but he didn't even grant us a visit.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #268 on: March 10, 2020, 01:55:41 pm »

He was a shadow of himself that year anyway, the defense was the real MVP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #269 on: March 10, 2020, 02:04:17 pm »

Regardless of who we pick they will have this year and next off season to surround them with better talent. I think Fitz is a lock for this season unless our new QB is just lights out ahead in practice.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray