Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:57:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Give me Herbert over Tua.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Give me Herbert over Tua.  (Read 39392 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2020, 11:41:04 pm »

You can only trade up to draft the star QB in the draft if the team holding the #1 pick doesn't want him. There is literally no offer on the table that the Bengals would accept for Burrow, not even our 5 1st rounders the next two years because they want him. We will not be in a position to draft a potentially amazing QB like this for probably a long time. Whoever gets the #1 pick next year, very good shot it is not us, will probably not have a franchise or star QB already in place so they will select Lawrence unless you promise to forfeit games against them on top of several 1st rounders. It just does not happen with QBs.

Totally Wrong.  So many wrong things about this reply I don't have the time or energy to point them all out. lol
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2020, 11:58:24 pm »

Imagine that MIA had the #1 pick this year.

What do you think it would take to pry that pick out of the Dolphins' hands?
As a fan, how would you feel if MIA traded away that pick?

The only way a team lets go of a franchise QB at #1 is if they are confident they already have a franchise QB in place.  Suffice it to say that it is rare that such a team winds up with the #1 overall pick.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2020, 09:50:21 am »

Tua shared this on his Instagram story, get used to him being Miami's next QB:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:52:31 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2020, 09:54:20 am »

https://twitter.com/973espn/status/1222995227578970141

Tua does not want to play in Cinci, not like they were going to take him anyways.

97.3 ESPN FM
@973espn
Talking with @leighsteinberg
 asked his client Tua, and if he wants him to go No. 1 in upcoming #NFLDraft

“You want to make sure that your client ends up with a good organization....I’m hoping Cinncy falls in love with Joe Burrow".
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2020, 11:35:40 am »

https://twitter.com/973espn/status/1222995227578970141

Tua does not want to play in Cinci, not like they were going to take him anyways.

97.3 ESPN FM
@973espn
Talking with @leighsteinberg
 asked his client Tua, and if he wants him to go No. 1 in upcoming #NFLDraft

“You want to make sure that your client ends up with a good organization....I’m hoping Cinncy falls in love with Joe Burrow".

While I appreciate Tua showing love for Miami, I hope this doesn't lead to say the Lions bullshitting us that they have a team trading up to take him and make us waste one of our extra 1st rounders.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2020, 11:49:44 am »

I've heard enough experts speak this week from radio row and barring any obviously hip issues fully support drafting Tua and even moving up. I realize it doesn't guarantee anything but I also know that most people in the know fully believe he is the real deal. Even Dan Marino said he was a much better college player than he was. IT was obvious he is in love with the guy and I have to belive he's definitely worth the risk. 

With that said ... one of the more interesting theories about QBs was this. Burrow and Tua are considered odds on top two. History shows that one will be a bust in the NFL or at least ... not very successful.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2020, 12:20:07 pm »

We can only guarantee Tua by moving up to #2 and that needs to be done sooner rather than later. The cost of that will be one of our 1st rounders, or less depending on how dumb the Redskins are. We can't spend that on a bluff. Maybe a 2nd but not a 1st.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2020, 12:21:45 pm »

We can only guarantee Tua by moving up to #2 and that needs to be done sooner rather than later. The cost of that will be one of our 1st rounders, or less depending on how dumb the Redskins are. We can't spend that on a bluff. Maybe a 2nd but not a 1st.

Absolutely not worth it.  Take the BAP at #5. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2020, 12:50:52 pm »

I really want Tua, but not move up for him and certainly not take Herbert if Tua's gone.  We stay put at #5, draft someone like Simmons (S/LB) or Andrew Thomas (OT) and maybe pick Love (QB) later in the draft, or even wait for next year and get Trevor Lawrence or Jalen Hurts.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2020, 12:52:51 pm »

I really want Tua, but not move up for him and certainly not take Herbert if Tua's gone.  We stay put at #5, draft someone like Simmons (S/LB) or Andrew Thomas (OT) and maybe pick Love (QB) later in the draft, or even wait for next year and get Trevor Lawrence or Jalen Hurts.

You mean Justin Fields don't ya?  Hurts is available this year.  He could be a day three sleeper

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2020, 01:00:13 pm »

You mean Justin Fields don't ya?  Hurts is available this year.  He could be a day three sleeper
Yes, my bad
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2020, 01:17:32 pm »

We can only guarantee Tua by moving up to #2 and that needs to be done sooner rather than later.
I don't think MIA needs to worry about it.  The risk calculation for trading up to draft an injured QB is much different than staying put to do so.

Besides, who are the possible teams that might do that?  I don't think CAR, LV, IND, TB, or CHI are fully ready to move on from their current QBs yet.  I think the only real threat is LAC, and I can't see them spending the kind of capital they need to move up and draft an injured QB when Rivers is still serviceable.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2020, 01:36:04 pm »

I don't think MIA needs to worry about it.  The risk calculation for trading up to draft an injured QB is much different than staying put to do so.

Besides, who are the possible teams that might do that?  I don't think CAR, LV, IND, TB, or CHI are fully ready to move on from their current QBs yet.  I think the only real threat is LAC, and I can't see them spending the kind of capital they need to move up and draft an injured QB when Rivers is still serviceable.

I don't think anyone would either, but never dismiss a crazy trade proposal by the Raiders or Bucs. It would cost a lot more for them than Miami but Gruden is insane.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2020, 02:46:24 pm »

Ironically, if PIT had a first-round pick this year, they might be a team that would trade up.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2020, 07:27:30 pm »

Rivers moved out of California. He won't be there next year because the Chargers are ready to move on also by reports.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray