Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:09:36 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Give me Herbert over Tua.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Give me Herbert over Tua.  (Read 39071 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2020, 08:31:44 pm »

Hmmm.  Didn't know Rivers is a free agent.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2020, 12:12:00 am »

San Diego does not have the draft capital that we have and the cost to move up a few spots this year will probably be high because they know they can bid them against Miami and they know exactly what they want. I just don't see them having to use their 2nd and 2021 1st rounder to move up 2-3 spots when Herbert should be right there for him.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2020, 02:47:28 pm »

BUMP:  Closest thing we have to a general QB thread.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1226952606620229634

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
The three-month CT scan for #Bama QB and coveted draft prospect Tua Tagovailoa was as positive as possible, sources say. The fracture has healed. The hip and its range of motion is good. It’ll likely be another month before he’s cleared for football activities, tho, as expected.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2020, 03:14:01 pm »

BUMP:  Closest thing we have to a general QB thread.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1226952606620229634

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
The three-month CT scan for #Bama QB and coveted draft prospect Tua Tagovailoa was as positive as possible, sources say. The fracture has healed. The hip and its range of motion is good. It’ll likely be another month before he’s cleared for football activities, tho, as expected.

Excellent news. Although, the odds of another team moving up just got slightly higher. I still don't think it would happen as the cost of it would be very high but it's a concern. More of a concern would be the Lions bullshitting us and saying another team wants to move up in an attempt to steal one of our 1st rounders.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2020, 03:18:36 pm »

Rivers moved out of California. He won't be there next year because the Chargers are ready to move on also by reports.

Supposedly he is moving to Florida.  Please don't let the Dolphins sign him.  He is the biggest whiney ass crybaby in all of football which is not a trait you want him installing in a young QB.  Besides, Fitz is a better QB at this stage of their careers and he would also be a better mentor for a rookie QB.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2020, 03:27:03 pm »

Supposedly he is moving to Florida.  Please don't let the Dolphins sign him.  He is the biggest whiney ass crybaby in all of football which is not a trait you want him installing in a young QB.  Besides, Fitz is a better QB at this stage of their careers and he would also be a better mentor for a rookie QB.
I think Rivers will end up in Tampa. If it happens it both excites me and depresses me because this deal was actually done a while ago and proves tampering goes on all the time.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2020, 04:20:37 pm »

I think Rivers will end up in Tampa. If it happens it both excites me and depresses me because this deal was actually done a while ago and proves tampering goes on all the time.

I think he is retiring.  He is moving to the panhandle to be closer to both his and his wife’s family.  I think he is too much of a family man to live away from his family for the season and he won’t be in commuting distance to any team. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2020, 05:00:56 pm »

I think he is retiring.  He is moving to the panhandle to be closer to both his and his wife’s family.  I think he is too much of a family man to live away from his family for the season and he won’t be in commuting distance to any team. 

That is one possibility. His legacy won't be tainted by going out with a bad year and there is a certain shine to playing your whole career with one team. With that being said, if he can rebound with a good season, how far would Tampa Bay go? Are they a legit division contender with a good QB or is 8-8 their ceiling regardless?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2020, 05:50:48 pm »

That is one possibility. His legacy won't be tainted by going out with a bad year and there is a certain shine to playing your whole career with one team. With that being said, if he can rebound with a good season, how far would Tampa Bay go? Are they a legit division contender with a good QB or is 8-8 their ceiling regardless?
Pensacola to Tampa is about 6 hours by car and about 1.5 hours by plane.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2020, 10:25:33 am »

Rivers is a Grade A prick.  Usually in your early days in the league, you're brash, little arrogant with your abilities.  He still hasn't grown out of it, just like he doesn't know to get a vasectomy and stop having kids

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2020, 01:56:46 pm »

Rivers is a Grade A prick.  Usually in your early days in the league, you're brash, little arrogant with your abilities.  He still hasn't grown out of it, just like he doesn't know to get a vasectomy and stop having kids

My biggest issue with him is that he will throw a horrible pass and then berate the receiver on the field. I get it that sometimes maybe the receiver ran the route wrong and it looks like a bad throw but it is really on the receiver.  But it happens way too often for it to always be the receiver's fault.  Part of being an adult is accepting accountability and not blaming everyone else for your problems (mistakes).  And that is even more important in a leadership position like QB. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2020, 02:18:08 pm »

My biggest issue with him is that he will throw a horrible pass and then berate the receiver on the field. I get it that sometimes maybe the receiver ran the route wrong and it looks like a bad throw but it is really on the receiver.  But it happens way too often for it to always be the receiver's fault.  Part of being an adult is accepting accountability and not blaming everyone else for your problems (mistakes).  And that is even more important in a leadership position like QB. 

Very talented player but a bad teammate and leader. Probably why the Chargers never made it to the Superbowl.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2020, 02:24:33 pm »

I like Rivers's fiery attitude.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2020, 09:49:56 pm »

The talking heads on national sports radio are now saying that if healthy and able to throw at Alabama's Pro Day, Tua may go before 5.

If Chase Young is available at 3, there's no way DET lets that pick go at anything resembling a fair price.  So I see 3 possible scenarios:

1) MIA stays put at 5 and Tua falls into their lap (getting more unlikely by the minute)
2) CIN picks Burrow first, Young goes 2nd to WSH, MIA trades #5 and #39 to DET to move up to #3 and picks Tua
3) MIA gives WSH a king's ransom (something on the order of all three first-round picks) to trade up to #2

I think MIA needs to trade up with DET, and soon.  By the time we get to the draft, Dan Snyder may be ready to pick Tua, and the price for DET to let Young go on draft day will be huge.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 09:58:43 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2020, 08:46:34 am »

Tua will be there at 5, and any panic-inspired trade to move up will be nothing more than a waste of draft capital that could be better used to add more quality players to the roster.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray