Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:21:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Give me Herbert over Tua.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Give me Herbert over Tua.  (Read 38654 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2020, 09:21:17 am »

Tua will be there at 5, and any panic-inspired trade to move up will be nothing more than a waste of draft capital that could be better used to add more quality players to the roster.

Agreed. We need all of our 1st rounders, we can't trade them "just in case". Washington is the only team that may draft him despite using a 1st rounder on a QB last year and not giving him enough of a chance to show himself. With the level of talent available in the Top 5, I don't think they take him especially passing on Chase Owens.

Tua should be there at #5 and if not then we will take the next best player available.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2020, 09:39:58 am »

Hard to take anything at face value this time of the year but it seems Detroit is going to take Tua unless we give them the world. They have supposedly placed Matt Stafford on the trade block and given his agent permission to make a deal.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 09:43:35 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2020, 09:50:45 am »

Tua will be there at 5, and any panic-inspired trade to move up will be nothing more than a waste of draft capital that could be better used to add more quality players to the roster.

This, and if he isn't draft Simmons.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2020, 09:59:31 am »

Hard to take anything at face value this time of the year but it seems Detroit is going to take Tua unless we give them the world. They have supposedly placed Matt Stafford on the trade block and given his agent permission to make a deal.
Leading story on NFL.COM is the Lions' GM saying that Stafford up for trade is 100% False. So Dolphins should still be safe to draft Tua, if they really think that they have too.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2020, 10:18:17 am »

stay pat .. having more 1st round picks is better than less first round picks and any qb in this draft
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2020, 10:23:48 am »

Leading story on NFL.COM is the Lions' GM saying that Stafford up for trade is 100% False. So Dolphins should still be safe to draft Tua, if they really think that they have too.

It would create $32 Million in dead money for them if they trade Stafford, so that ain't happening.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2020, 11:12:32 am »

Lions could draft Tua even if Stafford wasn't on the trading block this year....but it would mean they are planning to trade him before the 2021 season.nu

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2020, 11:50:49 am »

Lions could draft Tua even if Stafford wasn't on the trading block this year....but it would mean they are planning to trade him before the 2021 season.nu

I would have to see his contract but I think the way it is structured, it would kill the Lions to move on from him anytime soon. Not just that, but he is a good QB who was on pace for an awesome year before injury. Their #3 pick would be better served improving their horrible team rather than "upgrading" a spot that isn't a problem.

Unfortunately, they need lots of help so they will listen to every trade offer.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2020, 12:27:01 pm »

I would have to see his contract but I think the way it is structured, it would kill the Lions to move on from him anytime soon. Not just that, but he is a good QB who was on pace for an awesome year before injury. Their #3 pick would be better served improving their horrible team rather than "upgrading" a spot that isn't a problem.

Unfortunately, they need lots of help so they will listen to every trade offer.

Moving on this year $32 million, next year $19 million.  So drafting Tua for 2021 would not be insane.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2020, 12:53:12 pm »

Moving on this year $32 million, next year $19 million.  So drafting Tua for 2021 would not be insane.

$19 Million is a lot for next year too. Like I said, Stafford is a good QB who was having a monster year before injury. Tons of needs on that team, QB just isn't one of them. It would be in their best interest to bluff and pretend they will draft him so some team offers them the moon, I just hope it isn't Miami.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2020, 12:56:44 pm »

This, and if he isn't draft Simmons.

This... The more I watch film of Simmons, the more I fall in love with the kid. I really do believe that he's going to be a top-5 caliber LB for many, many years.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2020, 01:04:45 pm »

Here I thought just drafting Tua was a nightmare,  now there is trade talk. Ugh.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2020, 02:11:52 pm »

Here I thought just drafting Tua was a nightmare,  now there is trade talk. Ugh.

There's always trade talk, even when no one is talking trade.  'Tis the season...  Roll Eyes

My candle-lighting fodder (for now):

#5:    QB Tua Tagovailoa
#18:  WR Justin Jefferson
#25   OC Tyler Biadasz

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2020, 02:37:18 pm »

There's always trade talk, even when no one is talking trade.  'Tis the season...  Roll Eyes

My candle-lighting fodder (for now):

#5:    QB Tua Tagovailoa
#18:  WR Justin Jefferson
#25   OC Tyler Biadasz

I figured WR was were we're most stacked, there are some good EDGE and Olinemen in that range.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2020, 03:41:51 pm »

I figured WR was were we're most stacked, there are some good EDGE and Olinemen in that range.

I wouldn't say stacked, I would say position of least amount of need. If somehow a guy like CeeDee Lamb fell to us at 18 just because that's how the chips fell, I would take him. Lining him up across from Parker and Preston Williams? Awesome.

Because of how much we suck, we are in a position to basically justify taking anyone with any of our picks. Every position is a position of need so we can't go wrong as long as we don't take the 49th ranked prospect in the draft at #18 just because he was an O-Line guy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray