Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:31:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Give me Herbert over Tua.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Give me Herbert over Tua.  (Read 38628 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2020, 12:45:15 pm »

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2878167-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-buzz-for-every-nfl-team-at-2020-combine

Miami — You may have seen reports that the Miami Dolphins have concerns about Tua Tagovailoa. Don't believe those. One source I spoke with this week said "the Dolphins are going to get Tua" and mentioned it's classic smokescreen behavior to tell a team-friendly reporter they don't like Tua in hopes he falls to No. 5 overall. But I'm told the team is prepared to trade up for the Alabama quarterback, and owner Stephen Ross is fully on board with the selection.

I hope we don't trade up and he falls to us at 5

And we know the above isn’t a smoke screen to get another team to trade up and take Tua so a different player falls, because?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2020, 12:51:23 pm »

And we know the above isn’t a smoke screen to get another team to trade up and take Tua so a different player falls, because?

Inception!

Yeah, everything is bullshit. Our main goal is to get Tua but we have several contingency plans if we don't like drafting Herbert, trading up for Tua or Burrows, taking the best guy available at #5 or trading down. Nothing will catch us by surprise, I just hope we stay strong when Detroit says they have an offer from San Diego for 2 first rounders for their pick and we tell them "Good luck".
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #212 on: February 27, 2020, 01:09:42 pm »

I just hope we stay strong when Detroit says they have an offer from San Diego for 2 first rounders for their pick and we tell them "Good luck".

Yeah, worst case scenario is Miami doing what Chicago did...giving up draft picks to move up when no movement is necessary.

My crystal ball still says "Tua at #5"

My crystal ball also believes Miami's other 2 1st rounders go for OT and D-line. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2020, 01:32:06 pm »

Isn’t the reason you passed on Brees because you had a QB under contract that had just lead you to the top of the AFCE with an 11-5 record, so you weren’t really shopping for a QB, rather than injury concerns of Brees?

Was it a matter of passing on Aaron Rodgers or was it a matter of selecting a pro-bowl running back?

Was it a matter of passing on Matt Ryan or was it a matter of drafting an all pro tackle?

If Tau and Okudah are available at #5 and Miami takes a CB that isn’t illogical.

No. We were 9-7 and passed on him to get Culpepper.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #214 on: February 27, 2020, 01:39:55 pm »

So not only do you think Tua is frail, you believe he is the most frail first-round QB in modern history.

Seriously, how many other QBs have never been healthy enough to complete ONE full season?

I'll name RG3 without having to look anything up.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #215 on: February 27, 2020, 01:47:12 pm »

Yeah, worst case scenario is Miami doing what Chicago did...giving up draft picks to move up when no movement is necessary.

My crystal ball also believes Miami's other 2 1st rounders go for OT and D-line. Wink

One of the worst trades in draft history. Not that moving back one spot for two 3rd rounders and a 4th rounder was the haul of a century, but you have to ask yourself: Why did the team in front of me just give up the chance to draft their franchise quarterback for those 3 draft picks? Is that all a franchise QB is worth to them? Obviously, they were not going to draft Mitch. Well, obvious to everyone but Chicago.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #216 on: February 27, 2020, 03:20:27 pm »

Maybe I'm just a girlfriend that has been burned too many times by them but considering this is what most of us are expecting I'm pretty sure it won't happen and we'll be going WTF after the draft. hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2020, 04:05:18 pm »

Maybe I'm just a girlfriend that has been burned too many times by them but considering this is what most of us are expecting I'm pretty sure it won't happen and we'll be going WTF after the draft. hahaha

Yeah, I think we are all conditioned to not expect them to do the right thing OR do the right thing and it blows up in our faces anyway. That's what not winning the Superbowl since 1973 and 2 playoff appearances in the last 2 decades does to a fanbase. We'll draft Tua and he will fall down the stairs before accepting our jersey.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2020, 08:51:20 am »

Understood completely... As long as they get Tua and a stud O-lineman with 2 of their 3 first rounders, I'd probably be fine with whoever the third player is.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2020, 08:53:08 am »

Understood completely... As long as they get Tua and a stud O-lineman with 2 of their 3 first rounders, I'd probably be fine with whoever the third player is.

Tua is really getting talked up these days. I have to believe it's going to cost Miami an extra first to get him.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2020, 09:38:42 am »

Never fall in love with a girl you haven't banged yet.   
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2020, 10:31:37 am »

Tua is really getting talked up these days. I have to believe it's going to cost Miami an extra first to get him.

I'm sure Detroit will try to tell us to trade a 1st for him but I don't think we will bite. Maybe part with a 2nd rounder but not a 1st. I don't see a team willing to spend multiple 1st rounders and maybe more depending on where they are drafting, for a QB with an injury history. These are the types of moves that get GMs and coaches fired if they backfire.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2020, 10:53:34 am »

I realize Patriot fans are panicking and people are writing them off after their bad year of 12-4 but it's been 30 years since we went 12-4. Whatever we need to do to get a top QB we have to do it. The time for taking the long shot has passed a long time ago.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2020, 11:30:37 am »

I realize Patriot fans are panicking and people are writing them off after their bad year of 12-4 but it's been 30 years since we went 12-4. Whatever we need to do to get a top QB we have to do it. The time for taking the long shot has passed a long time ago.

Trivia  : Shula is the only Fin HC to get 12 or more regular season wins in a season.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2020, 12:20:45 pm »

However, having the best QB in the history of QB's without a line to block for him is kind of like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Engineer a QB made up of parts of Marino, Montana, Elway etc... and they still won't get you anywhere without some protection up front. Dolphins hopefully will make protecting the new QB priority 1A.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray