Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:05:47 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  XFL season starts Saturday
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: XFL season starts Saturday  (Read 12659 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: February 05, 2020, 08:03:24 am »

The XFL 2020 schedule, a 79-day sprint from kickoff to the championship game, starts on Saturday, Feb. 8 when the DC Defenders host the Seattle Dragons at 2 p.m. ET (ABC). The debut is followed by the Los Angeles Wildcats at the Houston Roughnecks at 5 p.m. ET (FOX).

The opening weekend of the 10-week regular season continues on Sunday, Feb. 9, when the New York Guardians host the Tampa Bay Vipers at 2 p.m. ET (FOX) and concludes later that day when the St. Louis BattleHawks travel to face the Dallas Renegades at 5 p.m. ET (ESPN).

My boy Quinton Flowers from USF plays for the Florida team, which plays Sunday at 2pm.  I'm showing my support, go Vipers Hssssssss!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 09:22:17 am »

big .. huge .. massive .. meh
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 09:47:11 am »

The XFL 2020 schedule, a 79-day sprint from kickoff to the championship game, starts on Saturday, Feb. 8 when the DC Defenders host the Seattle Dragons at 2 p.m. ET (ABC). The debut is followed by the Los Angeles Wildcats at the Houston Roughnecks at 5 p.m. ET (FOX).

The opening weekend of the 10-week regular season continues on Sunday, Feb. 9, when the New York Guardians host the Tampa Bay Vipers at 2 p.m. ET (FOX) and concludes later that day when the St. Louis BattleHawks travel to face the Dallas Renegades at 5 p.m. ET (ESPN).

My boy Quinton Flowers from USF plays for the Florida team, which plays Sunday at 2pm.  I'm showing my support, go Vipers Hssssssss!

I'm with you there buddy!!!  GO VIPERS!!!

big .. huge .. massive .. meh

Would you feel the same way if Miami had a team?   I'm happy that football season isn't over

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 11:08:07 am »

I'm with you there buddy!!!  GO VIPERS!!!

Would you feel the same way if Miami had a team?

Yes....moreso.  At least this way, I don't really have to see or hear about it because it won't be in the local market.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 11:52:54 am »

I'm happy that football season isn't over

Football season isn't over...it just segues into the offseason team-building phase.

I've tried to watch some of the "wanna-be" leagues (including the XFL) that have popped up over the years, but it always seems like I am watching division 2 schools with no discipline going at each other.  I'd rather just focus on the NFL stuff that is going on so I'm ready for next season.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 12:31:19 pm »

I'll watch but it will need to stick around for a while before anyone actually cares about it. I see these leagues as similar to minor league baseball teams.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 01:36:54 pm »

I'll watch but it will need to stick around for a while before anyone actually cares about it. I see these leagues as similar to minor league baseball teams.

Just my opinion, but I'd put minor league baseball teams above this type of upstart football league, if for no other reason that with minor league baseball, I get to follow the development of star players who will eventually be playing for the major league club.

Plus...I digs me some minor league baseball...possibly more than MLB even. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 01:56:25 pm »

Just my opinion, but I'd put minor league baseball teams above this type of upstart football league, if for no other reason that with minor league baseball, I get to follow the development of star players who will eventually be playing for the major league club.

Check out the Lowell Spinners 'Stroke! But I have no intention of watching this second go round of XFL just like I didn't watch the first version. The only off shoot pro football league I watched was AAF because they played real football. Not that crazy WWE version of football.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 02:31:57 pm »

Check out the Lowell Spinners 'Stroke! But I have no intention of watching this second go round of XFL just like I didn't watch the first version. The only off shoot pro football league I watched was AAF because they played real football. Not that crazy WWE version of football.
XFL is trying to be more legit this go around.  Rules are a little different, like only one foot in bounds on catches, but they're getting away from the whole "he hate me" thing
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 03:58:39 pm »

I used to do a lot of work throughout the state and both enjoyed Spring Training and the minor league teams left behind. As a kid we used to have the Orlando Twins which we supported. As an adult I think some of my favorite minor league teams were games at Dodgertown in Vero Beach. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 05:18:55 pm »

Can't say that I blame you there.   Tickets are much less expensive as are concessions and the atmosphere is smaller and much more cozy.   Plus, like you said, you can ID future MLB stars.   My local MiLB team, the Bradenton Marauders (Single A Pirates) has a really nice stadium.   Tickets can be as low as $9 if you play your cards right.   And they even have a five game all you can eat plan for $80.   That's super cheap compared to the Tampa Bay Rays.  

XFL is trying to be more legit this go around.  Rules are a little different, like only one foot in bounds on catches, but they're getting away from the whole "he hate me" thing

Plus they have contracts with multiple major TV networks.  That way the NFL can't swoop in and buy out the TV contracts like they did in 2000.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 12:20:58 pm by BuccaneerBrad » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 12:54:28 pm »

Tickets can be as low as $9 if you play your cards right.   And they even have a five game all you can eat plan for $80.   That's super cheap compared to the Tampa Bay Rays. 

All you can eat ballpark chow for five games...for $80?  They'd lose so much money on me...   Evil

~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2020, 02:18:57 pm »

All you can eat ballpark chow for five games...for $80?  They'd lose so much money on me...   Evil

Only burgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, soda, and bottled water.   The soda I could handle by sneaking a flask of bourbon in.

https://www.milb.com/bradenton/tickets/ayce
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 02:40:11 pm by BuccaneerBrad » Logged

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2020, 04:16:33 pm »

First game isn't too bad. Playing much better than I thought they would. I was thinking it would have been a shit show.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2020, 10:31:01 am »

First game isn't too bad. Playing much better than I thought they would. I was thinking it would have been a shit show.
Yeah it reminded me of top 10 college football.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray