Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:43:11 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  XFL season starts Saturday
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: XFL season starts Saturday  (Read 12607 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2020, 04:39:09 pm »

Rating will drop, that's normal. Every leage goes through it after the initial game.  But the past XFL weekend has pulled way more viewers than the AAF.  Also, this past weekend the XFL rating were a lot better than the NFL combine, MLS, MLB.  only The NCAA and NBA game pulled more viewers than the XFL  this past weekend ( FEB 29 & MAR 1)

So, for sports in season it's in the bottom half  Evil
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2020, 08:44:45 am »

And just like that, the season is over.  XFL announced they will cancel the remainder of the season due to coronavirus concerns. 

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2020, 09:27:49 am »

What are the chances Vince cuts his loses?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2020, 10:35:12 am »

What are the chances Vince cuts his loses?

He was smarter this time around and he had 3 years worth of cash reserves to keep the league afloat. I don't know what this means in regards to canceling the season midway through but he isn't doing it paycheck to paycheck this time around. Besides, he is a very stubborn man, I would be surprised if he called it quits after 20 years of dreaming for a comeback.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2020, 11:23:31 am »

Kind of sad. I know lot's of people who are jonesing for sports were looking forward to XFL continuing to play. NASCAR should land some big ratings and bets while everyone else has stopped.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2020, 02:03:52 pm »

The league just announced that it will absolutely return for the 2021 season, so that's good news.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2020, 03:23:58 pm »

and now NASCAR is on vacation too. UFC is all that's left I believe.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2020, 04:41:21 pm »

and now NASCAR is on vacation too. UFC is all that's left I believe.

Bet that changes soon.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2020, 01:39:49 pm »

The league just announced that it will absolutely return for the 2021 season, so that's good news.

And now they have announced they don’t plan to resume in 2021.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2020, 01:45:03 pm »

Man, I  never saw this coming.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2020, 01:58:33 pm »

And now they have announced they don’t plan to resume in 2021.

And that's bad news. Like I said earlier, they had enough money to last a few years even if they weren't turning a profit but I think they are just guessing that full arena sports won't be 100% guaranteed for awhile and it might not be worth having all of this overhead for no reason.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2020, 03:05:24 pm »

And that's bad news. Like I said earlier, they had enough money to last a few years even if they weren't turning a profit but I think they are just guessing that full arena sports won't be 100% guaranteed for awhile and it might not be worth having all of this overhead for no reason.
Has to be something to it because when it shut down they basically guaranteed they would be back.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2020, 04:26:22 pm »

Has to be something to it because when it shut down they basically guaranteed they would be back.

The conspiracy guy in me has to mention that Vince is good friends with Donald Trump, so maybe he hinted to him that we may not be back to fully attended games for quite awhile.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2020, 04:42:56 pm »

The conspiracy guy in me has to mention that Vince is good friends with Donald Trump, so maybe he hinted to him that we may not be back to fully attended games for quite awhile.

If we're still social distancing because of this situation by the time football starts in the fall, then we've got a much bigger problem on our hands than worrying about a secondary football league

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray