Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:48:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Minkah Fitzpatrick Complains About Steelers Role
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Minkah Fitzpatrick Complains About Steelers Role  (Read 1794 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: February 07, 2020, 02:00:07 pm »

https://www.thephinsider.com/2020/2/7/21128030/miami-dolphins-minkah-fitzpatrick-unhappy-pittsburgh-steelers-trade

What a schmuck. Either I forgot or didn't know that his Mother was complaining on Twitter about how we treated him. His complaints with Pittsburgh are that he just has the one role and thinks he should move around a bit. That is exactly what he was doing in Miami.

The talent is undeniable but I think we can all agree that he truly is a headache and sooner or later is going to pull an Antonio Brown.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 02:32:18 pm »

I don't think he'll pull an Antonio Brown, but I do think he's an entitled bitch.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 02:40:12 pm »

I don't think he'll pull an Antonio Brown, but I do think he's an entitled bitch.

I bitched all year that the Steelers were incredibly lucky to not be 5-11, let's see what happens this season with no 1st rounder and the 4th lowest cap space in the league. I know Ben is coming back but he is also 38 years old coming off of a huge injury. If they start off 2-5, he will run his mouth again.

Can you believe we drafted him not just for his talent but because he was supposed to be a high character guy?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 02:46:28 pm »

I know Ben is coming back but he is also 38 years old coming off of a huge injury. If they start off 2-5, he will run his mouth again.

Big Ben could be 48 and be coming off a double amputation...and STILL be 100% better than either of the schmucks under center for Pittsburgh last season.

Can you believe we drafted him not just for his talent but because he was supposed to be a high character guy?

Going into the draft, I considered him one of the highest "character guys" and one of the smartest players in the entire draft class, regardless of position.  I have been genuinely surprised to see the amount of bitching that he's done in the past year.

Still, that talent though...dude is a beast on the field.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 02:55:06 pm »

True, their QB situation last year was XFL level.

Going back to how Minkah played for us as opposed to Pittsburgh, you have to start to wonder if he was just dogging it on the field sometimes. Who he was for Pittsburgh is not who he was for us.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 03:22:38 pm »

Going back to how Minkah played for us as opposed to Pittsburgh, you have to start to wonder if he was just dogging it on the field sometimes. Who he was for Pittsburgh is not who he was for us.

Yeah, but there is enough different variables that go into that...not sure I'd go as far as thinking he was dogging it. Maybe he just wasn't being used the right way...or any of many other reasons.

I still love Minkah...and sincerely wish we had him on the 49ers. Maybe not at the price the Steelers paid, but I think he'd definitely upgrade our safety position.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 09:42:00 pm »

True, their QB situation last year was XFL level.

Kind of like how Tannehill was dogging it on the field right?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 04:49:55 pm »

The talent is undeniable but I think we can all agree that he truly is a headache and sooner or later is going to pull an Antonio Brown.

He is minor headache but not in AB’s league.  He didn’t force his way out of Mia, he complained to the media occasionally but not every player is a boy scout.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 01:26:57 pm »

He didn’t force his way out of Mia, he complained to the media occasionally but not every player is a boy scout.

You serious? Of course he forced his way out of Miami. He complained to the media and let them run with it.  A true team player does no such thing, he talks to the coaches behind closed doors, and then at the end of the season, if things aren't going well  you sit down coaches/team and ask if the role is going to change and if not , then ask for that trade.

He didn't like getting smoked a several times in the 1st 2 games when EVERYONE was learning new roles/assignments and at times, people looked bad and out of place.

I'm a Bama fan and I have no time for this.  Dude has been a contender on football teams for a long time (HS all-american, Bama in college) and when adversity reared its head, he balked.

Glad he's gone.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 10:32:49 am »

Flores even held a private meeting with him and tried to appease him into staying but he had already checked out.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray