Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:01:55 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Browns OL Greg Robinson caught with 157 lbs of marijuana
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Browns OL Greg Robinson caught with 157 lbs of marijuana  (Read 1866 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« on: February 19, 2020, 11:51:51 pm »

He's caught driving a van with enough weed to get all of Texas high tonight.   Now he's looking at 20 years.   How much of a dumbass can you be??

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 09:11:56 am »

What's his defense, he just REALLY likes weed?

How much money can you even make selling a product that is legal in half the country? Certainly not as much as an NFL player, even one who makes money on the lower scale.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 09:42:40 am »

What's his defense, he just REALLY likes weed?

How much money can you even make selling a product that is legal in half the country? Certainly not as much as an NFL player, even one who makes money on the lower scale.

The issue is, he was smuggling it in from Mexico.   He's looking at 20 years in a FEDERAL prison.   And it won't be at one of those Club Fed type places.   

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 09:58:16 am »

Obviously you don't have to pass an IQ test to be an NFL player. Dude could have hired someone to do it for him but thought this was the better option?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 04:15:08 pm »

The issue is, he was smuggling it in from Mexico.   He's looking at 20 years in a FEDERAL prison.   And it won't be at one of those Club Fed type places.   

Oh, definitely. He has no defense, he just has to plea and hope he gets out in just 3 years or something. His career is over.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 05:33:03 pm »

That's alot of weed, right?

Fockin Barners

I'd rather be lucky than good.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 09:47:40 pm »

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around why this idiot did what he did.   He's made $29 million over the course of his career.   Weed is legal in half the country for medical use and about 1/3 of it for recreational use.  With his money, he could easily obtain the licenses to own a dispensary.   Why the fuck would he do something as stupid as this??

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 08:45:40 am »

It is stupid beyond comprehension for sure.  My only reasoning I can come up with is that with a lot of athletes and entertainers, they come from the whole "thug life" background and it is a part of who they are.  To most of us, a big sports contract would make us want to run away from that life as quickly as possible.  But for some, it is just built into their existence because it is what they relate to in life.  And those who don't maintain that lifestyle are considered sell outs or worse.  A million years ago when I was a City of Miami cop, I worked with a guy who grew up in Liberty City.  All he wanted to do in life was to be a cop back in his old neighborhood and to try to make life better for the people who lived where he grew up.  He got his wish and was assigned to Liberty City.  Be careful what you wish for in life.  This poor kid was completely ostracized in his own neighborhood.  He was treated horribly and called everything from a "sell out" to an "uncle tom" and everything in between.  He was despised for being successful in life and getting out of the hood. In that area, most people looked up to whoever made enough money from drugs to have the biggest chains, fanciest car, etc.  And they looked down on anyone who succeeded in life because they "turned their back on where they came from."    I think a lot of athletes hold on to this lifestyle because it is their "credibility" and just ingrained into their life since childhood.  I have no idea what Robinson's deal is personally, I just figured I would throw in my two cents worth from a law enforcement perspective as someone who used to work in the inner city.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2020, 11:54:37 am »

It is stupid beyond comprehension for sure.  My only reasoning I can come up with is that with a lot of athletes and entertainers, they come from the whole "thug life" background and it is a part of who they are.  To most of us, a big sports contract would make us want to run away from that life as quickly as possible.  But for some, it is just built into their existence because it is what they relate to in life.  And those who don't maintain that lifestyle are considered sell outs or worse.  A million years ago when I was a City of Miami cop, I worked with a guy who grew up in Liberty City.  All he wanted to do in life was to be a cop back in his old neighborhood and to try to make life better for the people who lived where he grew up.  He got his wish and was assigned to Liberty City.  Be careful what you wish for in life.  This poor kid was completely ostracized in his own neighborhood.  He was treated horribly and called everything from a "sell out" to an "uncle tom" and everything in between.  He was despised for being successful in life and getting out of the hood. In that area, most people looked up to whoever made enough money from drugs to have the biggest chains, fanciest car, etc.  And they looked down on anyone who succeeded in life because they "turned their back on where they came from."    I think a lot of athletes hold on to this lifestyle because it is their "credibility" and just ingrained into their life since childhood.  I have no idea what Robinson's deal is personally, I just figured I would throw in my two cents worth from a law enforcement perspective as someone who used to work in the inner city.

Or it could have been for a dispensary business.  Who knows.  People get seized with large amounts of marijuanna and not have the legal documentation, 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2020, 01:07:49 pm »

Or it could have been for a dispensary business.  Who knows.  People get seized with large amounts of marijuanna and not have the legal documentation, 

Pretty unlikely.  States that allow marijuana have certified farms to grow it, they don’t send guys down to mexico to bring it back in duffel bags in the back of an SUV.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2020, 04:49:48 pm »

Pretty unlikely.  States that allow marijuana have certified farms to grow it, they don’t send guys down to mexico to bring it back in duffel bags in the back of an SUV.

Maybe he was buying whole sale and reselling like how people go to Costco for cans of Pepsi.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray