Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:55:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Trump's Honesty
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Trump's Honesty  (Read 6618 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2020, 04:00:11 pm »

Doesn't really matter if it is gone quickly. That will just piss them off even more. It seems libs would be more happy if it did turn out to be an epidemic and kill thousands just so they could blame it on Trump.

Absolute bullshit.

I swear when I was younger I'd never have believed anyone would rather our country burn to the ground than not have "their" people in the White House.

Me neither, I was shocked at how many supposed Americans took that stance when Obama was elected.  

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2020, 04:22:06 pm »

It seems libs would be more happy if it did turn out to be an epidemic and kill thousands just so they could blame it on Trump.

That's a pretty fucked up thing to say, man.

You think I want people to die to prove a political point?

I really hope that this is handled well and I also hope that we just get lucky.  Not just for the loss of life, but for the crippling it's going to do, and has already started to do to the economy.

I don't know who you're listening to, but your head is filled with some fucked up shit if you think liberals as a group are rooting for illness and death to stick it to Trump.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2020, 04:51:42 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but just about everyone with the corona virus is being hospitalized, so it's an apples to apples comparison.
No, it's not.

Only the very worst flu victims - less than 1% of those infected, if your numbers are correct - are hospitalized.  And of the worst flu cases, ~5.6% die.  In contrast, out of every single coronavirus victim, 3.4% die.  Coronavirus is FAR, FAR more deadly than the flu, and we should be looking to experts in contagious diseases on how to control this.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2020, 05:00:36 pm »

I don't know who you're listening to, but your head is filled with some fucked up shit if you think liberals as a group are rooting for illness and death to stick it to Trump.
Just google "obama's katrina" and you can find countless examples of conservatives desperately rooting for a catastrophe in order to hurt Obama.  Examples include:

- the 2014 Ebola "outbreak" (consisting of 4 total victims)
- Hurricane Sandy
- the 2009 ice storm
- the BP oil spill

When it comes to conservatives, there's a popular saying among the left: Every Accusation Is A Confession.  This is why people like Michael Flynn, Michael Cohen, and Roger Stone - who loved to chant "Lock Her Up!" - are currently behind bars.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2020, 11:04:03 pm »

I really hope that this is handled well and I also hope that we just get lucky.  Not just for the loss of life, but for the crippling it's going to do, and has already started to do to the economy.

I believe that no politician would want this type of epidemic or want people dead.  I also believe that the left will find a way to blame it on Trump because they hate him.   

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2020, 07:25:28 am »

I believe that no politician would want this type of epidemic or want people dead.  I also believe that the left will find a way to blame it on Trump because they hate him.   

buck has to stop somewhere
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2020, 09:55:37 am »

buck has to stop somewhere

This is a generalization, but it is pretty safe to say that whenever anything bad happens under any presidency the opposing political party blames the president.  I remember conservatives with their hundreds of "thanks Obama" memes for every problem under the sun.  Just like the liberals blame anything bad that happens on Trump now that he is president.  It has been that way as long as I can remember.   Most of the people on this site are pretty young and think that all of the things that we discuss here are new.   The vast majority of discussions that we have had here have played out for decades with nothing having changed except the names of the characters.  It is just that many of you are too young to realize it and those of us who are older have forgotten.   But all of these societal and political debates that we have are just remakes of the same old movies.  Over and over again through the decades. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2020, 10:51:03 am »

I only have to google coronavirus and read the articles by mainstream media. Social media is also filled with crazy crap. You may not but many will do whatever they can to make Trump look bad. This is a sickness that doesn't choose sides but you'd think by watching CNN, MSNBC, and others that Trump is encouraging this disease to wipe out poor people.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2020, 11:12:14 am »

This is a sickness that doesn't choose sides but you'd think by watching CNN, MSNBC, and others that Trump is encouraging this disease to wipe out poor people.

I think that if the Corona virus only killed Democrats/Hispanics/Media, Trump would be the first person to step up in support of the virus.

P.S.  That sentence was not meant to be a joke.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2020, 11:25:13 am »

I only have to google coronavirus and read the articles by mainstream media. Social media is also filled with crazy crap. You may not but many will do whatever they can to make Trump look bad. This is a sickness that doesn't choose sides but you'd think by watching CNN, MSNBC, and others that Trump is encouraging this disease to wipe out poor people.

Social media is always filled with crazy crap.

As for CNN and MSNBC i absolutely don’t get the impression Trump “is encouraging this disease to wipe out poor people “

But I do get the impression that our private payer health system will result in people getting tested later than they would under a national system.

I do get the impression Trump is putting optics and politics ahead of sound policy.  (Placing a lawyer instead of an MD in charge, requiring all medical personnel to clear interviews with whitehouse, etc.)

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2020, 12:02:09 pm »

... I do get the impression Trump is putting optics and politics ahead of sound policy.  (Placing a lawyer instead of an MD in charge, requiring all medical personnel to clear interviews with whitehouse, etc.)

I agree with this completely. When I saw that appointment, my first thought was "So, spinning things is more important than curing things...got it."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2020, 04:35:13 am »

Just as an FYI: I live less than 5 miles from Travis Air Force Base, where the first American coronavirus victims were flown, and the first US infection of "unknown origin" was in the same county.  I work in a medical facility with over 2000 staff, so it's not entirely unlikely that I may be among the first groups of people in the country to have to deal with this firsthand.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2020, 08:37:56 am »

I also believe that the left will find a way to blame it on Trump because they hate him.   

Is being critical of his decision to eliminate the entire U.S. pandemic response team in 2018, an example of hating Trump?  Or hting a really stupid move by Trump? 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2020, 06:17:31 pm »

I also believe that the left will find a way to blame it on Trump because they hate him.   

Trump has already falsely blamed Obama. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/04/politics/donald-trump-obama-testing-lamar-alexander/index.html

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2020, 10:28:22 am »

I am a medical professional.  My wife has a degree larger and shinier than mine.  We have friends smarter than us, including someone who was the head of Maine's CDC for almost 20 years.  Based on people around me who are better trained, and smarter - I'm concerned with the outbreak and I'm beyond tired of hearing people compare it to things it doesn't belong being compared to.  So, just like politics, I'm not even trying.  Like hitting your head into a wall, it feels good to stop.  There is a difference between "concerned" and "panic."

Here is where I agree with Dave:

The World Health Organization (WHO) = made up of very, very smart people.  Same people in charge of / over see some very, very scary things.  Based on educated information the WHO has determined a fatality rate currently at 3.4%.  During a radio conference call, and literally based on nothing - literally nothing - Donald Trump pulled a "I would think it's less than 1%, I don't agree with that number."  

Based on...what?

If Donald Trump was able to provide some level of scientific proof - but this level of "guessing" by the most powerful man in the world is ignorant and dangerous.  The 3.4% mortality rate is based on tested cases, it's not a "guess."  It's based on this little thing called "science."  Denying that is, flatly, really stupid, until you have more science to deny the prior science.

It's items like this where Dave is correct.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 10:33:36 am by MaineDolFan » Logged

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray