Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:14:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  COVID-19
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 56959 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2020, 11:37:50 am »

Things are really getting bad, don't click this if you have a weak stomach.  I don't know how we recover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2020, 11:48:43 am »

Things are really getting bad, don't click this if you have a weak stomach.  I don't know how we recover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

That joke is lame under the best of conditions.  But it really loses any humor, if you see the title and get a tmobile ad and can click off before the song even begins. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2020, 02:19:15 pm »

We know the US isn't testing nearly enough. Locally here we are only testing 65 or older with certain symptoms int he drive-thru. Orange County, FL tried to test 250 people yesterday but didn't make it. They also turned away almost 180 people.  The virus is certainly much more rampant than is being reported. If most untested are surviving then  that's a great thing.

With that said I'm positive Russia and China are covering up their numbers.  Chernobyl gives you a glimpse at just how devious they can be in covering up their problems.

BTW ... the car wash around the corner is still open. Didn't realize clean cars were essential did you?

No lockdown in the county unless that changed today
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2020, 02:34:34 pm »

No lockdown in the county unless that changed today

I'm specifically speaking about Orange County and not Seminole.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2020, 03:12:46 pm »

i got my car washed today! .. it was automated.. .. just thought i'd share
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2020, 03:16:49 pm »

That joke is lame under the best of conditions.  But it really loses any humor, if you see the title and get a tmobile ad and can click off before the song even begins. 
From the guy with the worst puns I've ever seen, I'll take this with a grain of salt.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2020, 03:44:29 pm »

From the guy with the worst puns I've ever seen, I'll take this with a grain of salt.

But my puns are original. Rick Roll lacks all originality

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2020, 04:23:21 pm »

But my puns are original. Rick Roll lacks all originality

Roll Eyes
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2020, 07:35:05 pm »

I'm specifically speaking about Orange County and not Seminole.

Ah. I  thought I  knew exactly which car wash.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:36:55 pm by Phishfan » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2020, 04:15:32 am »

BTW ... the car wash around the corner is still open. Didn't realize clean cars were essential did you?
I think there's a matrix of how essential is it? vs. how safe is it?
I'd say mostly-automated car washes should remain open as long as the employees don't pose a risk to each other.  Think of the economy!

Restaurants are still all open for take-out here.  I practically never bring my lunch to work - I can count on my fingers the number of times I've brought my lunch in the last 15 years - but I think I might need to start?  Cross that bridge when I come to it, I suppose.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2020, 09:14:01 pm »

What exactly happens in a lockdown?

Is it different than the stay at home advisory we have here in MA?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2020, 09:14:14 pm »

Did somebody really cause this by eating a bat?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2020, 08:22:38 am »

What exactly happens in a lockdown?

Is it different than the stay at home advisory we have here in MA?

Different rules depending on the local government but in a lockdown only essential businesses can operate. In some places you can only be on the road to visit the DRs office, go the grocery store or go to your "essential business" to work. It's a step up from just a recommendation to stay home.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2020, 02:04:15 pm »

Did somebody really cause this by eating a bat?

No.

1. No one knows if the source was a bat (although bat or pangolin are a likely source). There are a lot of different strains of corona viruses present in both, but none have been found that matches SARS-CoV-2.

2. Eating something is not a likely infection pathway. More likely handling of the animal / guano, either during capture, sales or slaughter.

3. The entire question is poorly framed, assigning individual guilt where none applies. If a burger chain sold an infected product, would you say the consumer who happened to buy that product

4. Current best guess at a "patient zero" is a specific woman who worked in a food stall in the wet market in Wuhan and contacted her doctor on 11 December. There are indications that there were infections prior to this elsewhere, though. That's the problem when the source hasn't been identified. It's not like this virus was present in only ONE animal and infected only ONE person. More likely, the virus is present in a population of bats or pangolins and has jumped to humans on more than one occasion (and could so again unless the source population is found and dealt with).

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2020, 02:15:56 pm »

I'm pretty sure that they know it's due to pangolin.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray