Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:30:09 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  COVID-19
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 57029 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2020, 01:46:10 pm »

I only know of one person for sure that was tested. Someone at work, who lives with their sister who got it, was quarantined for two weeks and had to pass to come back to work.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2020, 09:58:17 pm »

I tested positive for CV-19 today.   Undecided
Have had a fever bouncing around the 99-101 range since Friday, with a very minor cough.  Day 6-8 is supposed to be the worst as far as symptoms, so we'll see how it goes.

SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2020, 11:12:59 pm »

Have had a fever bouncing around the 99-101 range since Friday, with a very minor cough.  Day 6-8 is supposed to be the worst as far as symptoms, so we'll see how it goes.

I hope your recovery is quick, easy, and without complications or setbacks.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2020, 11:56:16 pm »

Let me just tell you guys, the test is the flat out pits.

Imagine the absolute farthest you could possibly tolerate a swab being stuck up your nose.  Then go three inches past that.

It's like they're trying to touch your brain.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2020, 06:29:40 am »

From what I can tell, everyone on the site is healthy...no cases.

I still don't know anyone personally who has shared that they have 100% had the virus and tested positive.
Today, I do have my first case of someone directly related to someone I know dying of it.  My friend's grandmother died of COVID-19 yesterday.

My mother was supposed to have gone on a vacation right when this thing was starting to blow up. She was going on a tennis holiday with 3 friends and didn't want to break up the doubles-arrangement by being the only one to cancel. My siblings and I banded together and pretty much forced her to cancel. The other three all went and sent daily pics and updates about how great it was. One of them started showing symptoms on the way back, tested positive, wound up on a ventilator for a few weeks, and then died.

All I can say is that I am very grateful that we managed to keep our mom from going.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2020, 07:52:27 am »

Very sorry to hear this news.  Be sure to do exactly what they tell you to do in order to get over it.  COVID is nothing to be messed with.  Not to try to scare you, but the father-in-law of one of my best friends died from it.  He was older and had a lot of health issues already so I'm sure that contributed to it.  But just do what the doctors tell you to do. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2020, 11:20:34 am »

My mother was supposed to have gone on a vacation right when this thing was starting to blow up. She was going on a tennis holiday with 3 friends and didn't want to break up the doubles-arrangement by being the only one to cancel. My siblings and I banded together and pretty much forced her to cancel. The other three all went and sent daily pics and updates about how great it was. One of them started showing symptoms on the way back, tested positive, wound up on a ventilator for a few weeks, and then died.

All I can say is that I am very grateful that we managed to keep our mom from going.

Wow....that's crazy.  Glad you made the choice you did.  Socially, this has been a little difficult to manage.  You have to battle feeling rude for the way you act.  Sometimes, we get a little lax in my family, but generally are doing the right thing.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2020, 02:32:29 pm »

Things are starting to open up but things won't be the same. I for one need to start interacting with people again.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2020, 03:25:41 pm »

I am 100% great with the lockdown.  My wife and I's relationship couldn't be stronger.  People suck for the most part anyway.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2020, 04:31:22 pm »

I tested positive for CV-19 today.   Undecided

On behalf of the entire 49ers organization, I wish you a speedy recovery...

Cheesy

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2020, 04:34:39 pm »

I hope you recover quickly without getting the worst of effects.  I'm sure you've read up on all the homeopathic remedies out there.  I've always been a believer in drinking tonic water (which contains a small amount of quinine) to help stay hydrated and reduce aches & pains.  I always try to drink it after a hot day in the sun golfing or working, as it helps you hydrate better than water, and reduces/eliminates the leg cramps from the dehydration.  Then there is also zinc which helps reduce the severity of colds.  These aren't a cure, but they can help with reducing the symptoms. Good Luck!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2020, 04:44:09 pm »

Please keep us updated as possible. Wishing you the best.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2020, 06:39:53 pm »

Let me just tell you guys, the test is the flat out pits.

Imagine the absolute farthest you could possibly tolerate a swab being stuck up your nose.  Then go three inches past that.

It's like they're trying to touch your brain.
Yeah, I saw that test on Facebook. I replied that it looked more like a 3rd world IQ test, lol. Hope you recover quickly Spider. Keep us updated on the symptoms and how you're doing. Take care guy, wishing you all the best.

I hope you recover quickly without getting the worst of effects.  I'm sure you've read up on all the homeopathic remedies out there.  I've always been a believer in drinking tonic water (which contains a small amount of quinine) to help stay hydrated and reduce aches & pains.  I always try to drink it after a hot day in the sun golfing or working, as it helps you hydrate better than water, and reduces/eliminates the leg cramps from the dehydration.  Then there is also zinc which helps reduce the severity of colds.  These aren't a cure, but they can help with reducing the symptoms. Good Luck!
And a little Tanqueray and Lime makes it even better  Grin Grin Grin

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2020, 11:44:48 pm »

Thank you all for your concern.  I sincerely appreciate it.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2020, 08:48:09 am »

Holy crap Spider! I'm very sorry to hear this. Hopefully you'll kick this fairly easy. I'm praying for you and yours as you go through this difficult time.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray