Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:34:50 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  COVID-19
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Print
Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 56985 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #285 on: June 01, 2020, 07:40:43 am »

Unless he also has a background in molecular biology and/or viral chemistry, a doctor that is advocating treatments based on subjects outside of his expertise is pretty much the textbook definition of a "quack."

On what basis can this doctor claim that hydroxychloroquine "coats the spikes" of SARS-CoV-2?  What part of his training and education qualifies him to make that assessment?  How has he confirmed it?

He's a quack.

https://www.sciencetimes.com/articles/25658/20200512/hydroxychloroquine-azithromycin-zinc-triple-combo-proved-effective-coronavirus-patients-study.htm

In the study, half of 900 COVID-19 patients were given the triple-drug combo of hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and azithromycin. The other half were given only hydroxychloroquine and the antibiotic, azithromycin.

The results of the study revealed that the patients who received the triple-drug combo had a 1.5 times greater probability of getting better from the disease. They were also more likely to eventually be discharged from the hospital compared to those who were only given the double-drug combination...

...The drug is said to interfere with the virus' ability to enter the body's cells and also blocks the virus' ability to replicate once they are already inside.

https://conservativewoman.co.uk/malaria-drug-and-zinc-the-missing-link/

California emergency physician Dr Anthony Cardillo said during a local television interview: â
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 07:43:54 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #286 on: June 01, 2020, 08:56:45 am »

^^^^The  study don’t prove much. 

HCQ + zinc better than HCQ w/o zinc does not prove HCQ + zinc is effective or safe.  And there is absolutely no evidence HCQ w/ or w/o zinc can be use preventatively.  HCQ has serious side effects.  The drug combo might be  treatment method that outweighs the side effects or it might not, more research is needed. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #287 on: June 01, 2020, 09:42:58 am »

this sounds at least encouraging ...

Is Covid-19 becoming LESS potent? Italian doctors say the coronavirus is weaker than it was during the height of the pandemic
Doctors in Italy claim the coronavirus has weakened and become a shadow of the disease that rapidly spread around the world.   

Italian medics say the infection - which has killed 370,000 worldwide - is much less lethal than it was and 'no longer clinically exists'.

Patients are showing much smaller amounts of the virus in their system, compared to samples taken during the peak of the crisis in March and April, they said.

Infections and deaths caused by Covid-19 have been falling in Italy for weeks. It was, at one point, the centre of Europe's escalating outbreak.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8376105/Is-Covid-19-really-potent.html

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #288 on: June 01, 2020, 10:50:00 am »

So are we forgetting all the social distancing guidelines because of protests/riots?  The media was all bent out of shape just last week for people going to the beach, but you don't hear anything about protestors packing in like sardines.  Or are protests/riots okay because the message is more important than potentially infecting thousands of people?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #289 on: June 01, 2020, 11:16:43 am »

So are we forgetting all the social distancing guidelines because of protests/riots?  The media was all bent out of shape just last week for people going to the beach, but you don't hear anything about protestors packing in like sardines.  Or are protests/riots okay because the message is more important than potentially infecting thousands of people?

I noticed in many cases the protesters were trying to maintain social distancing, but the police were herding them together.  Also many protesters are wearing masks, none of the beach goers were. But most importantly ending the cold blood killing of civilians of cops is just as important as ending covid 19, beach trips are not.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #290 on: June 01, 2020, 11:34:58 am »

I noticed in many cases the protesters were trying to maintain social distancing, but the police were herding them together.  Also many protesters are wearing masks, none of the beach goers were. But most importantly ending the cold blood killing of civilians of cops is just as important as ending covid 19, beach trips are not.
Just as important huh...one killed over 100,000 people this year....one killed 31 (228 total if you include all races) people this year, most of which were warranted because the suspect had a deadly weapon...and blaming the police for grouping them together is bullshit.  I watched this live, they were grouping just fine without the police's help.  Also, I watched live as the "peaceful protest" turned into full on looting and ruined my town.  Over 40 local and national business were looted here.  Many local business ruined.  Gas stations and stores set on fire.  "Oh but at least they were wearing masks!"   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 11:43:39 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #291 on: June 01, 2020, 12:03:25 pm »

The good news is that in 2 weeks we will either have a shit ton of Democrats with covid which would prove conservatives wrong or they won't be and liberals will be proven wrong. Either way we should be able to end that debate.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #292 on: June 01, 2020, 12:09:27 pm »

Another friend's grandfather died of COVID yesterday.

About 1000 new deaths every day, but appears to be trending upwards, maybe?  1223 deaths as of most recent update.  Might be an outlier day....too early to tell.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #293 on: June 01, 2020, 12:37:48 pm »

Just as important huh...one killed over 100,000 people this year....one killed 31 (228 total if you include all races) people this year, most of which were warranted because the suspect had a deadly weapon...and blaming the police for grouping them together is bullshit.  I watched this live, they were grouping just fine without the police's help.  Also, I watched live as the "peaceful protest" turned into full on looting and ruined my town.  Over 40 local and national business were looted here.  Many local business ruined.  Gas stations and stores set on fire.  "Oh but at least they were wearing masks!"   Roll Eyes

If you can understand why the districts revolted in the hunger games or why the colonists had a tea party in Boston then you are more than capable of understanding why the protests are overdue.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #294 on: June 01, 2020, 01:11:17 pm »

If you can understand why the districts revolted in the hunger games or why the colonists had a tea party in Boston then you are more than capable of understanding why the protests are overdue.
False equivalence and a pretty sad you use a fictitious story to try and make a point.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #295 on: June 01, 2020, 02:16:42 pm »

False equivalence

It is exact equivalence.

The Boston Tea Party was a destructive revolt against businesses, commerce, and the system in general, to stick it to a government that wasn't working on their behalf, despite being supposed to do so.  This is literally the same thing.

Riots are not OK.  But when you ignore people's other methods, it is inevitable.  Can't riot.  Hold people accountable...all that.  But recognize why it's happening.

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #296 on: June 01, 2020, 02:20:22 pm »

So are we forgetting all the social distancing guidelines because of protests/riots?  The media was all bent out of shape just last week for people going to the beach, but you don't hear anything about protestors packing in like sardines.  Or are protests/riots okay because the message is more important than potentially infecting thousands of people?

To answer earnestly, yeah COVID is a problem, and groups of people rioting in close quarters is likely to cause a spread of this.

But to those people, I guess the message is more important.

Blaming the media is just dumb.  COVID isn't the story of the riots.  The riots are the story.  They've been covering COVID non-stop for 3 months.  You pretty much know that story.  And I have heard them address the COVID issue within the riot issue.  It's been addressed, but talking about COVID is side-stepping the more immediate danger of the riot.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #297 on: June 01, 2020, 02:30:29 pm »

It is exact equivalence.

The Boston Tea Party was a destructive revolt against businesses, commerce, and the system in general, to stick it to a government that wasn't working on their behalf, despite being supposed to do so.  This is literally the same thing.

Riots are not OK.  But when you ignore people's other methods, it is inevitable.  Can't riot.  Hold people accountable...all that.  But recognize why it's happening.

The Boston Tea Party was a calculated event and only affected goods from the British East India Company.  They didn't burn down Boston or hurt anyone.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/01/comparing-floyd-riots-to-boston-tea-party-insults-actual-patriots/

I don't think anyone says they don't recognize why it's happening.  Everyone knows why it's happening.  What's happening is just as wrong as what happened to Greg Floyd and it needs to be condemned and not glorified.  
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #298 on: June 01, 2020, 02:31:47 pm »

Riots are not OK.  But when you ignore people's other methods, it is inevitable.  Can't riot.  Hold people accountable...all that.  But recognize why it's happening.

Dave ... can you explain why when for the first time they have pretty much the whole country agreeing with them that this was disgusting that they decided rioting was a good idea? I mean many people went from supporting them to complaining about the rioting. The message was lost days ago.  

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #299 on: June 01, 2020, 02:37:06 pm »

To answer earnestly, yeah COVID is a problem, and groups of people rioting in close quarters is likely to cause a spread of this.

But to those people, I guess the message is more important.

Blaming the media is just dumb.  COVID isn't the story of the riots.  The riots are the story.  They've been covering COVID non-stop for 3 months.  You pretty much know that story.  And I have heard them address the COVID issue within the riot issue.  It's been addressed, but talking about COVID is side-stepping the more immediate danger of the riot.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the liberal media and even members of this board regarding social distancing that went out the window when protests and riots occurred.  It seems protesting is more important to them.  Many more people are going to get infected because of this, and they are going to infect many more people that have no part in this.  

Not blaming the media is dumb Dave.  They've created this monster.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray