Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:39:47 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  NBA season suspended due to Coronavirus
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NBA season suspended due to Coronavirus  (Read 2353 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: March 11, 2020, 10:27:40 pm »

I work in healthcare, so I am constantly searching for new information about this disease.  My coworkers and I are going nuts to try to keep each other safe.

I think this is the right decision.

March Madness will be played without fans this year.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 10:45:34 pm »

Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert tested positive for COVID-19.

Guess what he was doing on Monday?  Well, he was injecting a much-needed dose of levity into this environment of unhinged paranoia about the coronavirus.
Wait, scratch that.  He was spreading the coronavirus.

https://twitter.com/tribjazz/status/1237077216661360650

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 01:58:25 pm »

I think the NHL just suspended theirs as well.

I am in the camp of "The panic is way overblown but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take serious precautions as well".
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 02:06:08 pm »

Did anyone really think that this shit wasn't gonna spread here to the US? Hell, my state didn't get its first case until yesterday or today. I knew it was only a matter of time. So sure take precautions, but it isn't like this is Ebola or equivalent disease that we're dealing with here.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 07:54:43 pm »

First case in my town of Needham today Sad

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 09:27:46 pm »

So sure take precautions, but it isn't like this is Ebola or equivalent disease that we're dealing with here.
COVID-19 is significantly less deadly than Ebola but spreads MUCH more easily.  And while most will recover, the elderly are particularly vulnerable to this disease.

So unless a lot of people are ready to say goodbye to Nana and Papa, we should take this very seriously.

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 06:49:55 am »

The Australian Grand Prix which was due to start today was cancelled at very short notice.

The AFL football season due to start next week will be played week 1 to empty stadiums (usually around 50,000+ each), and after that, who knows...

A directive has gone out now in Australia from the Government to discourage gatherings of over 500 people to try and quarantine this thing.

We are probably one of the least effected nations with a handful of local person to person transmissions (most have been people returning from overseas) but everything is ramping up very quickly...
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 10:24:56 am »

I see no reason not to do this.....

https://www.masslive.com/umassbasketball/2020/03/coronavirus-cancels-march-madness-umass-matt-mccall-wants-ncaa-to-release-a-bracket-despite-no-games.html

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray