Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:11:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Gronk comes out of retirement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Gronk comes out of retirement  (Read 2682 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: April 21, 2020, 06:58:12 pm »

Guess which team he is going to play for (again, if there is a season).

I'm surprised Miami didn't at least try for him, although there was probably only one team he wanted to play for.

If he can regain his football body build, he will be even more dangerous than before.  With PI calls now reviewable, teams won't be able to just mug him to contain him.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 07:27:29 pm »

I'm salivating over the thought of a two TE set with Gronk and OJ Howard. 

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 09:51:47 pm »

word is PI calls aren't going to be reviewable any longer, did i misread that somewhere?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 07:36:56 am »

I'm surprised Miami didn't at least try for him,

He has one or two years left. That is not what Mia is building for.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 08:56:49 am »

I'm surprised Miami didn't at least try for him, although there was probably only one team he wanted to play for.

Gronk specifically said that the only QB he wanted to play with is Tom Brady, so no surprise that he came out of retirement. That said, Gronk is about the size of a normal WR now, so he'll need to bulk back up to football size again.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 09:36:04 am »

I have to hand it to the Patriots.  They know how to handle things.  They essentially moved up three rounds in the draft and it cost them nothing.  Gronk obviously wasn't going to come out of retirement to play for them.  So he was retired as far as the Patriots go.  So they pretty much traded a retired player to move up 3 rounds in the draft.   There was only one team that he would come out of retirement to play for and that was whoever Brady was playing for.  How Gronk does remains to be seen. But he could be the best TE in the NFL this year and it was still a great trade for the Patriots since he wasn't going to play for them anyway.  If nothing else, he will be a good Red Zone target as long as he can stay healthy enough to be on the field.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 10:57:21 am »

I wonder if retirement has given him insight on the angle....because he didn't have it before.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 10:59:46 am »

Gronk specifically said that the only QB he wanted to play with is Tom Brady, so no surprise that he came out of retirement. That said, Gronk is about the size of a normal WR now, so he'll need to bulk back up to football size again.

Supposedly he's been bulking back up in preparation for this.

According to Rosenhaus, Gronkowski weighs 260 pounds and “passed his physical with flying colors” on Tuesday. In August 2019, Gronkowski said he had dropped to 245 pounds. His playing weight has ranged from 260 to 268 pounds.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 02:35:03 pm »

I have to hand it to the Patriots.  They know how to handle things.  They essentially moved up three rounds in the draft and it cost them nothing.  Gronk obviously wasn't going to come out of retirement to play for them.  So he was retired as far as the Patriots go.  So they pretty much traded a retired player to move up 3 rounds in the draft.   There was only one team that he would come out of retirement to play for and that was whoever Brady was playing for.  How Gronk does remains to be seen. But he could be the best TE in the NFL this year and it was still a great trade for the Patriots since he wasn't going to play for them anyway.  If nothing else, he will be a good Red Zone target as long as he can stay healthy enough to be on the field.

Moved up three rounds?
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 02:46:13 pm »

Moved up three rounds?

They got a 4th, gave a 7th. Plus Gronk.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 03:20:13 pm »

Thanks. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2020, 08:06:59 am »

I originally thought this was a bad idea but the more I hear Gronk speak I think he's taking this serious and could be a serious threat again. If nothing else it certainly helps to make the Bucs even more interesting.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 04:47:08 pm »

I originally thought this was a bad idea but the more I hear Gronk speak I think he's taking this serious and could be a serious threat again. If nothing else it certainly helps to make the Bucs even more interesting.

Think about it.   You're in the red zone and you've got Tom Brady under center with Mike Evans, OJ Howard, and Gronk, all of whom are over 6'4".   How are you going to defend that?

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2020, 04:52:19 pm »

Think about it.   You're in the red zone and you've got Tom Brady under center with Mike Evans, OJ Howard, and Gronk, all of whom are over 6'4".   How are you going to defend that?
By putting a pass rush on Brady and watch him panic and fall down.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2020, 08:26:01 pm »

By putting a pass rush on Brady and watch him panic and fall down.

correct ! hit him a few times and he'll get gun shy
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray