Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:43:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2020 NFL Draft General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 2020 NFL Draft General Discussion  (Read 4237 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: April 24, 2020, 07:58:21 am »

Shocker last night with Green Bay taking Jordan Love.  History is repeating itself like Favre and Rodgers.

The LSU running back CEH being taken as the first RB overall is kind of shocking.  I had him ranked after Swift, Taylor and Dobbins.

The Giants taking Thomas was a little bit of a head scratcher.  He'll be a franchise tackle, but I thought all three of the other top OTs have a higher upside.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 10:14:42 am »

History is not repeating itself because this is a completely different scenario in my opinion. Favre had been mentioning retiring when they drafted Rodgers. The Packers blindsided Rodgers.  I like Rodgers but he is sensitive. This is going to cause some issues.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 10:19:00 am »

History is not repeating itself because this is a completely different scenario in my opinion. Favre had been mentioning retiring when they drafted Rodgers. The Packers blindsided Rodgers.  I like Rodgers but he is sensitive. This is going to cause some issues.
It's not completely different.  Rodgers is roughly the same age Favre was when he retired, and both weren't/aren't happy about it.  That's enough similarities.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 11:37:12 am »

The Packers made the NFC Championship game, that pick should've been used to make the team better since they are very close to the Superbowl. That pick not only did nothing for the 2020 team but it is going to seriously piss off Rodgers, who is already a moody prick. He has no intention of retiring any time soon, so they are saying that he will be replaced with Love before he is ready to go.

Just a disaster all around, it will end poorly.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 11:46:02 am »

It's not completely different.  Rodgers is roughly the same age Favre was when he retired, and both weren't/aren't happy about it.  That's enough similarities.
You don't see one guy talking about retiring and the other being blind-sided as different? That's the most import variables to me. The similarities like age seem pretty irrelevant to the story to me.  They just bitch slapped their franchise player.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 12:22:45 pm »

Rodgers is signed until 2024, he has suffered long injuries the past few seasons, and they have never had a capable backup.  I don't see how this is a slap in his face, more than it is an insurance policy next time Aaron breaks a collarbone or tears a ligament or whatever.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 12:32:46 pm »

Rodgers is signed until 2024, he has suffered long injuries the past few seasons, and they have never had a capable backup.  I don't see how this is a slap in his face, more than it is an insurance policy next time Aaron breaks a collarbone or tears a ligament or whatever.

You draft a 4th round project as a backup or get one of the McCowns if they are still kicking around. You don't spend a 1st rounder on a backup, you spend it on a replacement. Like I said above, they made the Championship game, they needed to use this pick to make the team better right now, not 3-4 years from now.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2020, 03:03:38 pm »

You draft a 4th round project as a backup or get one of the McCowns if they are still kicking around. You don't spend a 1st rounder on a backup, you spend it on a replacement. Like I said above, they made the Championship game, they needed to use this pick to make the team better right now, not 3-4 years from now.

I agree here.   Your first round pick needs to be able to step in and contribute right away.  The Packers had much more pressing needs than Rogers' potential replacement. 

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2020, 11:14:03 pm »

The Raiders are going crazy for WR's, they have drafted three so far (added two with 80 & 81st picks).
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2020, 07:52:27 am »

The Raiders are going crazy for WR's, they have drafted three so far (added two with 80 & 81st picks).

they gotta get weapons for rogers
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2020, 01:17:59 pm »

I think the Favre retirement talk started while he was still in Atlanta it went on so long.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2020, 03:42:48 pm »

Being a Dolphins fan in Dallas, I have to put up with obnoxious Cowboys fans all the time.  I hate to say it, but the Cowboys are killing it in the draft in my opinion.  Lamb, Gallimore, Reggie Robinson, and Biadasz are all guys that I would have loved to have seen in Dolphin uniforms. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2021, 08:32:30 pm »

The Packers are 12-3 and can clinch a 1st round bye on Sunday. Can you imagine how much better they would be if they drafted a WR or someone else who could help the team in 2020? Management is a disgrace.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 06:23:13 am »

^ I'm going to assume this is another in a line of sarcastic posts, but since some people actually believe what you wrote:

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2020/12/31/22207001/its-always-smart-to-draft-quarterbacks-so-the-jordan-love-pick-was-a-good-one
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2021, 04:46:28 pm »

When you are very close to winning the Superbowl, you do not use your 1st round pick on a player who won't see the field for years. The Packers can't get away from Rodgers until 2022 at the earliest, but he is going to win the MVP or place in the Top 2 this year. His contract runs through 2023. Why are you even trying to get rid of him?

Like I said, when you are so close to winning a championship, your 1st round pick goes towards accomplishing that goal, not thinking about 2023.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray