Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:29:11 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Miami has become the new bandwagon team for this year.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Miami has become the new bandwagon team for this year.  (Read 5532 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2020, 08:17:18 am »

No offense but anyone who "thinks" they know when Tua will start has not been paying attention. Flores has proven he will start him when he thinks he is ready and that will not be based on public opinion. Could be later year one or might be some time year two. We really have no idea of knowing right now.
For all we know, he could be the best QB in camp like Russell Wilson was and win the starting spot.  Unlikely, sure, but it's possible. 
DenverFinFan
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2020, 05:41:42 pm »

I don’t see Tua playing this year and it’s probably for the best. I think Miami has a shot in what might be an open AFCE for once. I think between 7-10 wins is realistic.

Anyway the whole Brady to TB thing is fun to have someone to root to fail.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2020, 05:49:03 pm »

I don’t see Tua playing this year and it’s probably for the best. I think Miami has a shot in what might be an open AFCE for once. I think between 7-10 wins is realistic.

Anyway the whole Brady to TB thing is fun to have someone to root to fail.

You have to pick who you hate more, Brady or Belichick? Because if they both fail, everyone will say they succeeded as a team. However, if one fails and the other doesn't, then the loser will have his legacy questioned.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2020, 06:21:07 pm »

^ I think Brady is too old to have his legacy challenged now. If he completely bombs in Tampa, people will just say he got old.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2020, 07:30:52 pm »

^ I think Brady is too old to have his legacy challenged now. If he completely bombs in Tampa, people will just say he got old.
People seem to forget Montana's KC days.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2020, 05:41:04 am »

I agree, but if Belichick succeeds without Brady? Then I think you do have to question how much of it was Brady and how much of it was Belichick.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2020, 10:49:24 am »

I agree, but if Belichick succeeds without Brady? Then I think you do have to question how much of it was Brady and how much of it was Belichick.

That is clearly the bigger "threat" to Brady's legacy, although he's such a polarizing player outside New England that there will always be people who believe he's just a solid to good and benefiting from Belichick, cheating, etc. That group is going to jump on any Belichick success without Brady, but I don't necessarily think the group will get much bigger.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2020, 11:58:55 am »

What is defined as success? They just a terrible finish together last year.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2020, 12:33:48 pm »

You have to pick who you hate more, Brady or Belichick? Because if they both fail, everyone will say they succeeded as a team. However, if one fails and the other doesn't, then the loser will have his legacy questioned.

I would much rather have Bill fail. I hate Brady but Bill is a monster.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2020, 08:43:51 am »

People seem to forget Montana's KC days.

Zero tarnish on Joe's legacy by going to KC. Hell, Joe took the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game his first year there.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2020, 08:49:39 am »

Zero tarnish on Joe's legacy by going to KC. Hell, Joe took the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game his first year there.

His last two years with KC were rather pedestrian.  TD/INT was 13/7 and 16/9 with a 60% completion each of those years.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2020, 09:17:43 am »

His last two years with KC were rather pedestrian.  TD/INT was 13/7 and 16/9 with a 60% completion each of those years.

That was a different era... The fact that Joe took them to the AFCC after the previous Chief's squad got shut out in the wildcard game was enough.

And, honestly,In conversations about all-time great QBs I've never heard "anyone" refer to Joe's last two seasons as a negative on his legacy.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2020, 10:15:44 am »

That was a different era... The fact that Joe took them to the AFCC after the previous Chief's squad got shut out in the wildcard game was enough.

And, honestly,In conversations about all-time great QBs I've never heard "anyone" refer to Joe's last two seasons as a negative on his legacy.

That's kind of my point though, even if Brady has a pedestrian final season or two in Tampa, no one will refer to his last two seasons as a negative on his legacy.  We've already seen that happen to an all time great in Montana.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 10:17:22 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2020, 01:04:28 pm »

That's kind of my point though, even if Brady has a pedestrian final season or two in Tampa, no one will refer to his last two seasons as a negative on his legacy.  We've already seen that happen to an all time great in Montana.

I don't think Brady failing this year hurts his legacy, I think Belichick bringing this Pats team to the playoffs would hurt his legacy. No name QB, not a whole lot of talent on the offensive side and the defensive side lost some people. If he can win the division again then it could show Bill to be the reason for the Pats success.

In reverse, everyone expects Brady to succeed and Bill to fial this year so if that happens, I don't think it proves a lot unless Bill never makes the playoffs again.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2020, 01:26:31 pm »

The funny part about all this is Miami is still, maybe, a .500 team right now.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray