Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:01:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Miami has become the new bandwagon team for this year.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Miami has become the new bandwagon team for this year.  (Read 5673 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: April 27, 2020, 12:17:30 pm »

Looking forward to a lot of overhype after the last year of doom and gloom.

https://www.reddit.com/r/miamidolphins/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 12:19:18 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 12:24:24 pm »

You sure its not Tampa Bay?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 12:36:53 pm »

They were before the draft, but after the draft I think Miami hit it's stride.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 01:07:41 pm »

This can be a playoff team in 2020 but I feel we won't contend until 2021. Those double picks in Rounds 1 and 2 for next year will really put us over the top. God bless Bill O'Brien.

Bucs on the other hand can be a legit contender as long as the Saints don't win 12 games, otherwise it will be tough. Especially with only one bye available per league now.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 01:17:37 pm »

I agree with Brian.  It is Tampa.  Dolphins have good long term prospects, but I doubt they win the division this year. Tampa on the other hand is all in on this year or bust.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 01:20:41 pm »

I think the AFC East could literally be a 4-team brawl this season, but Miami definitely has a chance to in it. Add a second straight excellent offseason/draft, and Miami should be sitting pretty for 2021.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 01:53:17 pm »

I agree with Brian.  It is Tampa.  Dolphins have good long term prospects, but I doubt they win the division this year. Tampa on the other hand is all in on this year or bust.
They have a better shot than anyone else except the Bills, and I don't believe in Josh Allen at all.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2020, 01:54:50 pm »

I agree with Brian.  It is Tampa.  Dolphins have good long term prospects, but I doubt they win the division this year. Tampa on the other hand is all in on this year or bust.
Did you jump ship to the Bucs like every other New England fan did?  Living in Tampa, It's sickening to see all the fair-weather fans and Pats fans being loud and obnoxious over Brady.  TOMPA BAY!   Roll Eyes
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2020, 01:57:02 pm »

This can be a playoff team in 2020 but I feel we won't contend until 2021. Those double picks in Rounds 1 and 2 for next year will really put us over the top. God bless Bill O'Brien.

Agreed.  Things would have to go in our favor to reach the playoffs this season, either pulling out games we shouldn't and some luck.  I said earlier this month or in March that I still see us going 6-10, but much more competitive and making strides from last season.  

And yes, God bless Bill O'Brien.  I'm not sure where his brain is at.  Also, everyone see Tunsil finalize his 3-yr $66 million dollar contract?  Yeah, glad we're not paying that

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2020, 02:10:36 pm »

I didn't mean to suggest that Miami will do better in the standings then the Bucs will, just that I think that many people are getting on the Dolphins band wagon after the draft. There's a LOT of Tua believers out there even if I don't think Tua will make a big impact this next year, I think the earliest that could happen is 2021.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2020, 04:15:45 pm »

I didn't mean to suggest that Miami will do better in the standings then the Bucs will, just that I think that many people are getting on the Dolphins band wagon after the draft. There's a LOT of Tua believers out there even if I don't think Tua will make a big impact this next year, I think the earliest that could happen is 2021.

Unless a major injury happens or we somehow start the year 1-9, I don't think you even see Tua take the field until 2021. Ideally, Fitzpatrick plays even better this season with an actual O-Line while Tua heals up and hosts a clipboard while learning new ways to not get broken.

Ideally.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2020, 04:20:56 pm »

Did you jump ship to the Bucs like every other New England fan did?  Living in Tampa, It's sickening to see all the fair-weather fans and Pats fans being loud and obnoxious over Brady.  TOMPA BAY!   Roll Eyes

No, I am still a Patriots fan.  But I will pay more attention to Tampa this year because of Brady and Gronk.  Much like my interest in SF because of Jimmy G. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2020, 08:22:53 pm »

Unless a major injury happens or we somehow start the year 1-9, I don't think you even see Tua take the field until 2021. Ideally, Fitzpatrick plays even better this season with an actual O-Line while Tua heals up and hosts a clipboard while learning new ways to not get broken.

Ideally.

Heals??  What are you talking about, all the doctors said he had already healed, as did he.  Your not telling me people lied are you?

Tua will start week #4, after the O-line has had time to gel, that is if they start play on time this season.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2020, 09:00:30 pm »

Heals??  What are you talking about, all the doctors said he had already healed, as did he.  Your not telling me people lied are you?

Tua will start week #4, after the O-line has had time to gel, that is if they start play on time this season.

There's a difference between "healed" and "ready to play NFL football". He is healed but I'm sure the Dolphins don't want him playing contact football for quite awhile. He needs to maybe add some muscle and learn to throw the ball away. He isn't Big Ben, he will not be muscling his way out of sacks.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2020, 08:09:59 am »

No offense but anyone who "thinks" they know when Tua will start has not been paying attention. Flores has proven he will start him when he thinks he is ready and that will not be based on public opinion. Could be later year one or might be some time year two. We really have no idea of knowing right now.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray