Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:57:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins release two first round picks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins release two first round picks  (Read 1198 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: May 01, 2020, 09:29:45 am »

I guess at least only one was "our" first round picks. Hoping this seasons 1s are better.

Alain Poupart
@apoupartFins
The #MiamiDolphins had two fifth-year option decisions due Monday on a pair of 2017 first-round picks. They took care of those emphatically, with Charles Harris on his way to Atlanta one day after Charlton was waived.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 10:54:15 am »

I came here thinking that we had a history of 1st and 2nd round busts, but we really haven't in recent years. They weren't all Pro Bowlers but almost all of them were at least solid except for Harris and Jordan Phillips, which was a terrible pick from the moment it happened.

EDIT: Man, that 2017 draft was dog shit.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 10:55:56 am by EDGECRUSHER » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 10:58:08 am »

I think like 50% of first rounders don’t pan out. We selected three so 2 could go either way! Lol

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 11:04:35 am »

I came here thinking that we had a history of 1st and 2nd round busts, but we really haven't in recent years. They weren't all Pro Bowlers but almost all of them were at least solid except for Harris and Jordan Phillips, which was a terrible pick from the moment it happened.

EDIT: Man, that 2017 draft was dog shit.

Jordan Phillips actually had a breakout year for Buffalo last season, leading the team with 9.5 sacks. I wonder how much of his bustaliciousness in Miami was due to his talent...and how much was due to his usage?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 11:26:40 am »

Jordan Phillips actually had a breakout year for Buffalo last season, leading the team with 9.5 sacks. I wonder how much of his bustaliciousness in Miami was due to his talent...and how much was due to his usage?

He seems like he needs motivated, very talented player when he is.  I don't think he cared for Gase or maybe the organization as whole but onced he got bounced to a team with playoff caliber, he picked it up a notch or two.

Some of these guys come in here and need motivated.  I believe the last two drafts, Grier and company (mostly Flores) are looking at guys who are driven, good character, etc and don't need that daily massaging/stroking of the egos.

Do your damn job.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 11:49:30 am »

A 7th round pick from Atlanta for Harris is about right.  He was a total reach where he was picked in the first place and then underachieved something awful.  Seemed like a nice enough kid, but he never got the job done. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 01:43:28 pm »

I think that may have been the talent around him and the scheme they play. He was always talented but on Draft Day they said one of his Cons was "may not want to play football' I knew where this was going.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray