Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:50:36 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  ESPN Schedule Breakdown
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ESPN Schedule Breakdown  (Read 1976 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: May 08, 2020, 10:55:17 am »

Miami Dolphins' schedule 2020: Tough schedule looms for Tua

https://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/31058/miami-dolphins-schedule-2020-tough-schedule-looms-for-tua

Can someone email/call Cameron Wolfe and let him know that Tua (as of right now & future) is not playing this season???  Seriously, this is twice now, since the draft that Wolfe has written about Tua playing this season, as if it's in the Dolphins PLAN to put him under center in 2020.

I know, I know, things can change. Maybe Fitzy has a serious injury (I hope not) and Rosen is REALLY ineffective if he has to come in and finally MIA turns to Tua.

But this is not in the cards. MIA did not draft Tua with the 5th pick to start this season. He's gonna sit & learn behind Fitzy (trust me, Ryan has a lot knowledge that can benefit Tua) AND he's gonna strengthen even more that hip he had repaired. Yeah, yeah, I know he looked good in his video he sent out, but you always want to get better and stronger.

I'm not even sure Cameron Wolfe knows what's going on with the Dolphins.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 12:29:10 pm »

Miami Dolphins' schedule 2020: Tough schedule looms for Tua

https://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/31058/miami-dolphins-schedule-2020-tough-schedule-looms-for-tua

Can someone email/call Cameron Wolfe and let him know that Tua (as of right now & future) is not playing this season???  Seriously, this is twice now, since the draft that Wolfe has written about Tua playing this season, as if it's in the Dolphins PLAN to put him under center in 2020.

I know, I know, things can change. Maybe Fitzy has a serious injury (I hope not) and Rosen is REALLY ineffective if he has to come in and finally MIA turns to Tua.

But this is not in the cards. MIA did not draft Tua with the 5th pick to start this season. He's gonna sit & learn behind Fitzy (trust me, Ryan has a lot knowledge that can benefit Tua) AND he's gonna strengthen even more that hip he had repaired. Yeah, yeah, I know he looked good in his video he sent out, but you always want to get better and stronger.

I'm not even sure Cameron Wolfe knows what's going on with the Dolphins.

According to Flores, the plan is to start the best player.  If that is Tua, he plays this year.  That is likely coach speak, and he will probably sit the year, but saying the Dolphins don't plan to start him is disingenuous.  "For sure" sitting him the entire year is just fan speak.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 04:21:45 pm »

Nobody thought Tannehill was going to start right away, but he performed well in pre-season so they started him.  Now maybe they will hold Tua back a few games to let the new O-line gel, but I see him starting by week #4 if he is healthy and playing well in practices.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 04:24:04 pm »

Nobody thought Tannehill was going to start right away, but he performed well in pre-season so they started him.  Now maybe they will hold Tua back a few games to let the new O-line gel, but I see him starting by week #4 if he is healthy and playing well in practices.

I was going to go with week 6 for the predicted launch of Tua-mania, but if the line looks like they can keep him healthy, then week 4 would be fine...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 05:28:02 pm »

I'll say it again. He will play whenever Flores thinks it is the right time. I love how people assume he isn't going to play or assume he is because no one has told us of a plan. What they have told us is they have yet to even meet the guy to evaluate him. If Flores has taught us anything is that he coaches to win games and he doesn't care what people think about which QB should be doing what and for what reasons.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 08:12:00 am »

If they haven't met the guy and evaluated him it is an even worse draft pick than I initially thought.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 02:48:26 pm »

There are currently some... extenuating circumstances that keep teams from conducting business-as-normal.

Or are you saying that any draft pick the Dolphins have yet to meet with indicates a major problem?

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 02:27:11 pm »

There are currently some... extenuating circumstances that keep teams from conducting business-as-normal.

Or are you saying that any draft pick the Dolphins have yet to meet with indicates a major problem?
He's saying he's still pissed they drafted someone he didn't want , instead of getting on the Tua hype train, choo choo!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 09:18:13 am »

He's saying he's still pissed they drafted someone he didn't want , instead of getting on the Tua hype train, choo choo!
Hahaha ... sure sounds that way.

Phish ... they have met him and interviewed him. They just haven't been able to get him to come here and be evaluated by our medical staff. I'm sure that is going to happen soon, if it hadn't happened already, but as of just after the draft they hadn't. All they were able to do, just like everyone else, is take his doctor's word for it and use the information they provided.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 09:32:18 am »

https://thespun.com/college-football/tua-tagovailoa-sends-message-to-dolphins-fans

The Dolphins’ team doctors looked at Tua at the NFL combine and reportedly gave him a passing grade on his physical.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article242192911.html

But Dolphins doctors examined Tagovailoa extensively in Indianapolis. And the club gave the former Alabama quarterback a passing grade on his physical, according to multiple league and team sources.

Good enough for me...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 09:33:50 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 09:52:12 am »

https://thespun.com/college-football/tua-tagovailoa-sends-message-to-dolphins-fans

The Dolphins’ team doctors looked at Tua at the NFL combine and reportedly gave him a passing grade on his physical.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article242192911.html

But Dolphins doctors examined Tagovailoa extensively in Indianapolis. And the club gave the former Alabama quarterback a passing grade on his physical, according to multiple league and team sources.

Good enough for me...
I'm not sure what Armando was going for using "extensively" because that doesn't appear to be true. I've heard Armando talk about it since and don't think he thinks that either ... well at least now anyway. The truth is Miami made a last minute dash to get Tua to Miami to meet with our doctors and it didn't happen as Goodell shut the league down.

... Adam Schefter reported that the Dolphins made a last-minute rush to try and get Tua Tagovailoa in to meet with their doctors prior to the NFL ceasing all meetings between teams and prospects. Ultimately, they were unable to get their meeting with Tua in, though Miami’s doctors were able to get some time with Tagovailoa at the NFL Combine.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2020, 09:28:59 pm »

He's our guy I have to hope that I am wrong.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray