Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:12:55 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Sports Without Fans In Attendance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Sports Without Fans In Attendance  (Read 5054 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2020, 09:55:17 am »

This is much more dangerous than AIDS, because its so contagiously transmitted from person-to-person, and its not easy to detect (even with temperature scanning and the q-tip to the brain test are not 100% catch-alls).  Just really feels like we are on the path to everyone will eventually be infected...
Is is much easier to transmit? Absolutely. Is it more dangerous? No way it's even close. Aids affected everyone and you died a slow miserable death. This disease is only deadly for most likely less than 1% of the population and if statistics are to be believed (which I doubt) it's at it's lowest in conservative run states.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2020, 10:22:48 am »

and if statistics are to be believed (which I doubt) it's at it's lowest in conservative run states.

It's at its highest in conservative-run countries...and you can believe that statistic.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2020, 10:36:35 am »

it's at it's lowest in conservative run states.
A lot of conservative-run states have vastly lower population density.  This infection rate has more to do with how close people are to each other and less to do with the people's political beliefs.  Viruses don't care about who you vote for.

Its more dangerous because if you wanna not get AIDS, its easy to avoid.  If I want to not get COVID-19, the only thing I can do is lock myself in my house for 2 years. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2020, 10:47:03 am »

It's at its highest in conservative-run countries...and you can believe that statistic.

I think you purposely love to spout lies because you'll say the dumbest shit just to post.  Top 4 states in order are California, Texas, Florida, and New York. Both California and New York have vastly larger numbers in affected and deaths. It's not even close. You can go down the line and consistently the conservative run states are much lowered than their liberal counterparts.

By the way ... both California and New York are in huge debt with a much higher tax rate but Texas and Florida both have a balanced budget with even a surplus.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2020, 10:51:04 am »

I think you purposely love to spout lies because you'll say the dumbest shit just to post.  Top 4 states in order are California, Texas, Florida, and New York. Both California and New York have vastly larger numbers in affected and deaths. It's not even close. You can go down the line and consistently the conservative run states are much lowered than their liberal counterparts.

By the way ... both California and New York are in huge debt with a much higher tax rate but Texas and Florida both have a balanced budget with even a surplus.

at a state level .. but at the federal level red states take more federal dollars and put less into federal taxes .. and blue states pay more and receive less .. so don't cherry pick everything Smiley
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2020, 10:54:59 am »

I think you purposely love to spout lies because you'll say the dumbest shit just to post. 

In the world of psychology, this is known as "transferrence."

If that wasn't in your arsenal before the Orange Psycho took office, he definitely showed you how it works.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2020, 12:33:50 pm »

Back on topic ... NASCAR went back to work this past weekend with no fans. I have to admit ... there have been a few people so starved for sports that watched that I would never have thought ... hahaha. The fan experience is great in NASCAR but I don't know that "no fans" actually affects anything in the long run other than the pockets.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2020, 12:36:08 pm »

Its more dangerous because if you wanna not get AIDS, its easy to avoid.  If I want to not get COVID-19, the only thing I can do is lock myself in my house for 2 years. 
Like with covid ... we didn't initially know that or much of anything. In fact if you tested positive for HIV in the 80s you were pretty much ostracized because everyone was fearful of catching it from you.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2020, 01:32:49 pm »

I'm sorry I missed the NASCAR race this week.  I would've absolutely had it on had I remembered.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2020, 01:42:01 pm »

I'm sorry I missed the NASCAR race this week.  I would've absolutely had it on had I remembered.

I watched about an hour of it, and I am not a big NASCAR fan at all. I just saw the word "Live" in the upper left corner of my screen, and I was powerless to turn away.   Wink

~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2020, 01:54:03 pm »

I didn't even realize there was a NASCAR race.  I have been waiting for Indy to start back up, supposed to pick up the Dual in Detroit in 2 weeks.  Indy 500 moved to August, gonna be weird.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2020, 01:57:57 pm »

nascar as a 2nd race .. same track on wednesday night .. also live
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2020, 03:55:33 pm »

John Oliver has it right.

My new favorite sport.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJdpnjuSWVOLgGT9fIzL0g