Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:26:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tom Brady vs Bill Bellichick
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Poll
Question: Which option best fits how you feel about Tom Brady vs Bill Bellichick?
Tom Brady to succeed on his own   -1 (9.1%)
Bellichick to succeed without TB   -2 (18.2%)
Both to fail miserably without each other   -4 (36.4%)
Both to succeed without the other   -1 (9.1%)
Couldn't care less   -3 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: Tom Brady vs Bill Bellichick  (Read 7708 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: May 22, 2020, 09:10:53 am »

Seems to me that most people are hoping that Tom Brady does well on his own while wanting Bill Bellichick to fail miserably without Tom ... but that could obviously be skewed by being in Central Florida. This got me to thinking about how most people feel about the two and so the poll question was created.  

Which option best fits how you feel about Tom Brady vs Bill Bellichick?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 09:14:11 am »

could not care less Smiley
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 10:01:42 am »

could not care less Smiley
^
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 10:25:13 am »

I'd like both to fail. Miserably.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 11:55:51 am »

I am hoping the team coached by BB prevails over the team Brady is the QB in the next superbowl.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 12:18:32 pm »

I am hoping the team coached by BB prevails over the team Brady is the QB in the next superbowl.

you can hope in one hand and shit in the other....
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 12:28:54 pm »

I got halfway to last year's goal.  Jimmy G losing  Smiley to Tom Brady 😞

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 03:18:48 pm »

...and which one stinks worse is a question for the philosophers.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 03:39:15 pm »

I have been saying for a long time that Brady is horribly overrated.  Has been for a few years.  People tell me I'm crazy, and that's fine.  I feel like I'll be proven right in a few months.

I think Bellichick is the glue that held that team together by using his brains to find creative ways to gain advantages.  He's a brilliant strategist.  But he operates outside the lines sometimes, and only been caught twice (3 times?).  Who knows how many of those magical "the headsets on the visitors sidelines stopped working" instances were on purpose.

I think the Patriots will be just fine without Brady.  They've proven it in the past.  I think the Bucs finish 6-10 and Brady retires.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 04:04:11 pm »

I have been saying for a long time that Brady is horribly overrated.  Has been for a few years.  People tell me I'm crazy, and that's fine.  I feel like I'll be proven right in a few months.

He has won 6 SB often with WR that were considered mediocre until he started throwing the ball to them.  And is at or near the top of all QB stats. What more do you want?

As for you being proven correct, that wouldn’t happen,  Even if he is horrible this year the only thing it proves is that father time is undefeated and BB’s philosophy that it is better to move on from a player too early rather than too late is still fundamentally sound.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 04:22:58 pm »

I feel like I'll be proven right in a few months.

I don't think you can be proven right, regardless of what happens in Tampa. 

Brady has proven to be one of the best ever.  He just has too much longevity in his greatness, over different coordinators, supporting players, etc.  You can be a system guy for a couple of years or whatever.  Not multiple decades.

Even if he totally doesn't fit in Tampa, he'd just be another in a long line of great players that ended their career elsewhere with a fizzle.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 04:27:15 pm »

I have been saying for a long time that Brady is horribly overrated.  Has been for a few years.  People tell me I'm crazy, and that's fine.  I feel like I'll be proven right in a few months.

I think Bellichick is the glue that held that team together by using his brains to find creative ways to gain advantages.  He's a brilliant strategist.  But he operates outside the lines sometimes, and only been caught twice (3 times?).  Who knows how many of those magical "the headsets on the visitors sidelines stopped working" instances were on purpose.

I think the Patriots will be just fine without Brady.  They've proven it in the past.  I think the Bucs finish 6-10 and Brady retires.
I'm pretty much with you word for word. Note that I don't think Brady is a bad QB, I think he's a terrific QB, but not GOAT like most think of him. On another team he would have won maybe 1 SB. Maybe. Belichick without Brady I think still wins 2 or 3 championships and maybe more depending upon who you replace him with. Drew Brees on New England, they still win 6 championships. I would not be shocked to the see the Patriots win 10 games nor would I be shocked to see the Bucs win 6.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 05:07:31 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2020, 02:55:11 pm »

I don't understand how one squares "Brady is an overrated system QB" with his 2007 season.  When he had Pro Bowl-quality WRs, he set every passing record.

I do expect Brady to do worse this season, but that's because he's ancient.  It doesn't "prove" that he is overrated any more than Emmitt Smith's time in a Cardinals uniform "proved" he was overrated.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 02:57:41 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2020, 11:01:17 am »

Saw this on NFL memes this morning and laughed hard enough to snort coffee out of my left nostril... 

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT 2020 CAN'T GET ANY WORSE

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2020, 11:40:45 am »

A definite sign of the Apocalypse.  Shocked

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray