Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:57:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tom Brady vs Bill Bellichick
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Poll
Question: Which option best fits how you feel about Tom Brady vs Bill Bellichick?
Tom Brady to succeed on his own   -1 (9.1%)
Bellichick to succeed without TB   -2 (18.2%)
Both to fail miserably without each other   -4 (36.4%)
Both to succeed without the other   -1 (9.1%)
Couldn't care less   -3 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: Tom Brady vs Bill Bellichick  (Read 7703 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2020, 12:57:40 pm »

He would have to change numbers N'Keal Harry already has 15.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2020, 01:26:50 pm »

He would have to change numbers N'Keal Harry already has 15.

Yeah, I can see that being a deal-breaker... Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2020, 07:17:59 am »

It will be a real interesting couple of years coming up - and I think it will reflect more on Bellichick's legacy than Brady's.

For a long time the two will be tied together - and that's fair enough, the success they have achieved has been phenomenal - the question is will one/both succeed without the other?

BB failed once before at Cleveland, and he has not made the playoffs once without Brady under center - that is one huge question mark on what has otherwise been a GOAT career. Truly great coaches succeed no matter who their Quarterback is, that's the one huge thing Shula has over BB when you look at the best of the best. This is his time to prove it.

Brady's place in history is already secured, in many ways his career mirrors Joe Montana (who I personally regard as the GOAT in a different era, albeit a rival who snatched away a Superbowl trophy from our Dolphins). Montana succeeded under the Walsh system, he made Siebert look good for a couple of years (who then traded him away and leaned on Steve Young until he broke) and brought his magic for a couple of years to Kansas City - if it wasn't for the brutal era that he played I am sure he would have racked up more success that others would still be chasing. This is Brady's chance he can do the same away from the cocooned bubble of New England, if he propels a middling franchise to the playoffs that's another feather in his cap.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 07:20:01 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2020, 11:20:50 am »

I think that Bellichic has a better chance of succeeding without Brady.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2020, 12:29:04 pm »

It will be a real interesting couple of years coming up - and I think it will reflect more on Bellichick's legacy than Brady's.

For a long time the two will be tied together - and that's fair enough, the success they have achieved has been phenomenal - the question is will one/both succeed without the other?

BB failed once before at Cleveland, and he has not made the playoffs once without Brady under center - that is one huge question mark on what has otherwise been a GOAT career. Truly great coaches succeed no matter who their Quarterback is, that's the one huge thing Shula has over BB when you look at the best of the best. This is his time to prove it.

Brady's place in history is already secured, in many ways his career mirrors Joe Montana (who I personally regard as the GOAT in a different era, albeit a rival who snatched away a Superbowl trophy from our Dolphins). Montana succeeded under the Walsh system, he made Siebert look good for a couple of years (who then traded him away and leaned on Steve Young until he broke) and brought his magic for a couple of years to Kansas City - if it wasn't for the brutal era that he played I am sure he would have racked up more success that others would still be chasing. This is Brady's chance he can do the same away from the cocooned bubble of New England, if he propels a middling franchise to the playoffs that's another feather in his cap.

Actually BB won a playoff game in Cleveland without Brady. 😀 It was against NEP.  😢

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2020, 06:18:12 pm »

Actually BB won a playoff game in Cleveland without Brady. 😀 It was against NEP.  😢

Wow, totally forgot about that.

Still, BB's tenure at Cleveland would hardly be called a success, even if it was not quite as bad as I initially thought.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2020, 01:52:34 pm »

Im critically inclined to dislike Both  BB and TB12  but I rather see BB and NE go back to shit

DenverFinFan
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2020, 08:06:00 pm »

I despise both men and they are garbage humans, but Bill is clearly the worse of the two. I would live NE to collapse and Bill retire before beating Shula’s record. I hope but nothing for failure for him. I don’t want Beady to succeed necessarily but I could live with him doing well if it means Bill fails.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2020, 12:08:55 pm »

Will be interesting to see who has a better season....Cam or Tom

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2020, 12:10:16 pm »

Will be interesting to see who has a better season....Cam or Tom
Tom because I don't see Cam starting until around their bye week

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2020, 07:42:13 pm »

Belichick 1
Brady 0
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2020, 08:32:23 am »

Tom because I don't see Cam starting until around their bye week

nailed it.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2020, 08:37:03 am »

whoops, that didn't age well
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2020, 11:04:24 am »

Brady gets better as the season goes so it's not hard to see Tampa becoming a much better team. Kind of hard to start the season on a new team against one of the best teams in the league.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2020, 04:13:23 pm »

whoops, that didn't age well

Bit of trivia I just heard.....five veteran QBs got a new home to start this week.  Four were on the losing end.   

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray