Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:49:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  We are all just a bunch of governmental monkeys
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: We are all just a bunch of governmental monkeys  (Read 4067 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 03:38:50 pm »

I swear this is a true story. Seems so fake I'm sure you think I mad it up. 

I didn't read any further than this sentence. It's like when someone starts out most of their stories by saying "Honestly..." It makes me wonder if they go the other way  (not honest) enough that they need to clarify.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2020, 04:14:27 pm »

I didn't read any further than this sentence. It's like when someone starts out most of their stories by saying "Honestly..." It makes me wonder if they go the other way  (not honest) enough that they need to clarify.

It is one of CF’s many imaginary stories of how someone switched from being a lifelong progressive democrat to ardent republican. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2020, 05:28:19 pm »

Don't be scared of the banana just because they tell you to.
Yes please be like Sweden and go after that banana!!!

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2020, 06:00:04 pm »

How many deaths would it take before these precautions were considered “worth it”?
We’re already at 100,000 in three months.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2020, 06:38:42 pm »

Yes please be like Sweden and go after that banana!!!
One sad thing about this global crisis is that there are plenty of examples to reference, from South Korea and New Zealand on the good side to Italy and Sweden on the bad side.  And yet people continue to insist that restrictions make no meaningful difference.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2020, 07:09:27 pm »

One sad thing about this global crisis is that there are plenty of examples to reference, from South Korea and New Zealand on the good side to Italy and Sweden on the bad side.  And yet people continue to insist that restrictions make no meaningful difference.

Widespread  blanket restrictions are NOT the best way to fight this pandemic. They are a very poor second choice.  Testing and targeted quarantines much more effective and less disruptive.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2020, 09:13:10 pm »

How many deaths would it take before these precautions were considered “worth it”?
We’re already at 100,000 in three months.

If Australia had a death rate like the USA, based on our population of around 25 million we should have racked up at least 7622 funerals due to Covid-19.

At the moment we are at 102 deaths - by my calculations that's at least 7520 Australians who should think our precautions have been worth it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 09:18:49 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2020, 09:55:53 pm »

But Australia is different because it's almost winter there now and the virus doesn't like the col... oh, wait, blaming the weather is the old excuse that we don't talk about any more, so I'm all out of ideas.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 09:57:50 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2020, 09:11:56 am »

So here's my take on a few things.
Flu season is about 6 months. Annually about 36,000 people die nationally from the flu. Corona has been in the country for 3/4 months. Already over 100,000 recorded deaths.

There is a segment of the American population that I call "We the People" those are the people that that say "I'm an Amurican. I have my rights. I know my rights. You can't tell me what to do. I'm going to do what I want because the Constitution says I can says I can." No. See, the State is more important than the individual. The collective "WE" is bigger than just you. As an individual, or a group of individuals that want to do something to endanger society at large you need to be checked. Forget your individual rights if you're willing to put the rest of us in danger.

I used to think the government can't go into my car or my motorcycle and tell me to wear a seatbelt or a helmet. But now I see it as If you turn yourself into a tomato for the next 20 years because you weren't protecting yourself while driving, I'm going to be partly on the hook to maintain your tomato status. I don't want to pay a single cent for your health care.

When other countries ie. Germany, South Korea were told to stay the hell inside and away from everyone they did as they were told. Therefore, lower instances of Corona. But because of the culture that exists in America, you know, the "We the People" set we have a high rate of infection and death.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2020, 09:54:37 am »

You're not giving up any more freedom to wear a mask in a store any more than you are to wear pants in that store.  Its for the protection of EVERYONE ELSE, for the common good and it takes almost zero effort.  Why fight it?  Because freedom? 

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2020, 10:05:10 am »

It's the same fight over and over.  Seat-belts, helmet laws, smoking in restaurants, now masks.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2020, 10:17:12 am »

It is one of CF’s many imaginary stories of how someone switched from being a lifelong progressive democrat to ardent republican. 
You're a dork. The difference between you and I is that I have lived a life outside of a protective bubble and actually see people grow from experience rather than shrink from fear. I used to argue for many of the liberals ideas you guys have and looking back I was definitely wrong ... just as you are now.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2020, 10:22:25 am »

Wise words from the great Ted Nugent ... hahaha

“Why do I have to stay home just because 𝘆𝗼𝘂 are scared? How about 𝘆𝗼𝘂 stay home....𝘆𝗼𝘂 stay in 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 house indefinitely, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 wear a mask, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 socially distance yourself from me, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 avoid restaurants, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 avoid baseball games, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 stay off the roads, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 avoid malls and beaches and parks, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 believe the made up death numbers, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 believe the media hype, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 get your toxic vaccine while avoiding vitamin C, sunshine and the things God gave us to actually heal.

I'm done playing 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 dumb game. We are not “all in this together.” I'm not wearing 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 dumb tin foil hat anymore. I’m no longer going to be a prisoner of your fear. I'm no longer staying in my house or catering to 𝘆𝗼𝘂 because 𝘆𝗼𝘂 are scared. I'm not wearing a mask and I'm not staying 6 feet away from you anymore because I'm not afraid of you. You are not my enemy and if I get sick, it's not because of 𝘆𝗼𝘂, it's because of me and my system, which not only have I been addressing for quite some time, but I also know how to treat if I get sick.
This virus (or whatever it is) is already circulating. Millions of people have already encountered it, as it's been circulating around the world probably since last September. You WILL have to confront this thing, if you haven’t already. There is no way around it, unless you lock yourself up in your house and it somehow doesn't manage to hop on some mail or some groceries that you ordered online.

𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 fear is not an excuse to destroy America. 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 fear is not my fear and your fear does not have the right to interfere with my life, my job, my income or my future as a free American citizen. So if you're scared, you can just put your tin foil hat on, or even wrap foil all around your whole body - or around your whole house if you wish - but please keep your fear contained to your little corner of the world and don't contaminate me or my family or my Country.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2020, 10:36:38 am »

^^ Selfish point of view, IMO.  Not everyone is blessed with miracle healing, for a lot of people its not fear, its NOT WANTING TO DIE.  I could show you 100,000 reasons why its merely not random fear...

Go ahead and go out and party, go to the beach I don't care.  Don't matter to me what you do.  Hug everyone.  But when you're around other people - STRANGERS who you don't know their story, their body, their immune system, its simple courtesy to not spread your diseases to them.

You want to not live in fear?  Fine.  Don't.  High five.  Have at it.  But then you hear a story about a guy that tests positive and then goes and tries to get on a plane.  Or a lady who is symptomatic with COVID and is cutting a bunch of people's hair and coughing all over them.

Sorry, that's irresponsible and reckless.  If people could be charged with personal responsibility, the government wouldn't have to force it upon people.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2020, 10:48:21 am »

don't contaminate me or my family or my Country.”
Exactly. Don't be stupid or do stupid things because you feel like you're above everyone else. Think of other people instead of yourself. Suck it up and deal with a little inconvenience for a little while.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray