Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:46:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Hard Rock Stadium announces drive-in theater events
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hard Rock Stadium announces drive-in theater events  (Read 1375 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: May 27, 2020, 11:02:17 am »

This could be pretty cool. They will have food venues open as well.

Hard Rock Stadium

@HardRockStadium
We are excited to announce an open-air and drive-in theater that will showcase classic @MiamiDolphins content, classic films, host commencement ceremonies and more.

These experiences will stay in accordance with social distance policies.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 01:45:23 pm »

I really miss the drive in experience.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 02:37:56 pm »

Me too. They are in the panning phases for the world's largest Drive -in being built in Eustis. It passed City council just before this covid thing hit.

https://www.dailycommercial.com/news/20200311/worlds-largest-drive-in-movie-theater-could-land-in-eustis

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 03:55:34 pm »

I have never seen or been to a drive in. I thought they were of a bygone time. I'd love to experience one.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 06:06:12 pm »

If done right drive-in theaters could be a good way to see a movie on a big screen while maintaining safe distancing.  If done haphazardly it will be just another cluster of spread.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 06:31:01 pm »

We have a local theater that put a screen on the side of their building and is operating as a drive-in. They've been doing it since the shut down started and in fact have upgraded the screen. They show two movies a night.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 09:06:25 am »

I had a lot of good times at drive-in theaters as a kid...would love to see them make a comeback.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray