Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:15:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  unfuckingbelivable change in mask opinion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: unfuckingbelivable change in mask opinion  (Read 2967 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 04:55:13 pm »

Things might get interesting..... Just got a flyer for his tag sale tomorrow.  Toilet paper OTC medicine, gloves, hand sanitizer, N95 masks, and more.  I am 99.9% certain my town has suspended the issuing of tag sale permits and the cops will shut it down.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 05:30:41 pm »

To be clear, I'm referencing situations like Michael Brown and not the recent MN incident. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2020, 10:28:06 pm »

The change in mask opinion is entirely believable.  It comes directly from the top.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 08:25:51 am »

I'm not sure you have to be crazy to change your mind about masks considering the government and experts constantly do or are conflicting in their opinions. 

I posted this in the other thread but it applies her too.

March 31 - (CNN)World Health Organization officials Monday said they still recommend people not wear face masks unless they are sick with Covid-19 or caring for someone who is sick.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/world/coronavirus-who-masks-recommendation-trnd/index.html

Today - New York Post - The World Health Organization is recommending healthy people, including those who don’t exhibit COVID-19 symptoms, only wear masks when taking care of someone infected with the contagion, a sharp contrast from the advice given by American public health officials who recommend everyone wear a mask in public.
https://nypost.com/2020/05/28/healthy-people-should-wear-masks-only-if-caring-for-coronavirus-patients-who-says/

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2020, 02:14:11 am »

Why are you citing the WHO as if you think their recommendations are worth following?  Conservatives always love to play this game with scientists: they pick and choose details on which different legitimate scientists have some disagreement (while ignoring all the areas they agree), then compile all the disagreements and insist that must mean the entire argument is invalid.  It's been the conservative playbook for decades on how to fight against teaching evolution.

This game you're playing is like a child being asked to do their chores:

Mom said I don't need to vacuum the floor if I load the dishwasher and take out the trash.
Dad said I don't need to load the dishwasher if I take out the trash and vacuum the floor.
Nana said I don't need to take out the trash if I vacuum the floor and load the dishwasher.

So Mom said I don't need to vacuum the floor, Dad said I don't need to load the dishwasher, and Nana said I don't need to take out the trash.  Time for more Xbox!

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2020, 11:03:47 am »

Why are you citing the WHO as if you think their recommendations are worth following?  Conservatives always love to play this game with scientists: they pick and choose details on which different legitimate scientists have some disagreement (while ignoring all the areas they agree), then compile all the disagreements and insist that must mean the entire argument is invalid.  It's been the conservative playbook for decades on how to fight against teaching evolution.

This game you're playing is like a child being asked to do their chores:

Mom said I don't need to vacuum the floor if I load the dishwasher and take out the trash.
Dad said I don't need to load the dishwasher if I take out the trash and vacuum the floor.
Nana said I don't need to take out the trash if I vacuum the floor and load the dishwasher.

So Mom said I don't need to vacuum the floor, Dad said I don't need to load the dishwasher, and Nana said I don't need to take out the trash.  Time for more Xbox!
"I'm not sure you have to be crazy to change your mind about masks considering the government and experts constantly do or are conflicting in their opinions." You got all that from this? SMH 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2020, 12:13:46 pm »

No, I got it from you posting links to statements from an organization (WHO) you would normally advise everyone to ignore... the part of your message you didn't quote.

But maybe I'm wrong.  What do you think of Trump's recent declaration that he will terminate the US relationship with the WHO?

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray