Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:17:56 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  I hate HOAs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I hate HOAs  (Read 898 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: May 30, 2020, 12:34:44 am »

I hate my homeowner's association.  I hated the one I had before, too, at a previous house, so this is nothing new. 

It's such bullshit, they are such scams, and I have an incident that is pissing me off beyond belief.

I have to pay an assessment.  Fine.  There are costs...whatever.  But the website that they provide is broken and doesn't accept payments.  I am actively talking about this with an employee who blames the bank software.  So, I'm supposed to call the bank.  I do.  They don't know what's going on.

Today, I got a certified letter from a law firm tacking on $407.00 of attorney fees, admin fees, and interest to a $107.00 bill because it's not paid.  The website still isn't working to take payments.  I'm flipping my shit.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 12:44:01 am »

I decided a long time ago I would never buy a condo or house with in a HOAs.  Renting has advantages and disadvantages.  Homeownership has advantages and disadvantages.  A HOA combines all the disadvantages of renting with all the disadvantages of homeownership.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 12:31:34 pm »

I decided a long time ago I would never buy a condo or house with in a HOAs.  Renting has advantages and disadvantages.  Homeownership has advantages and disadvantages.  A HOA combines all the disadvantages of renting with all the disadvantages of homeownership.

They really do suck.  But it's kind of a necessary evil down here in S. Florida.  Pretty much every neighbor has some form of it.  Mine is pretty minimal: no gate...mostly just rules.  But god damn...are they annoying.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 01:10:07 pm »

The HOA where I live is crazy...they look for any possible excuse to fine the homeowner. Tiny oil spot in your driveway? Fine! Garbage can missing a handle...Fine! Bumper of your car crosses an inch over the sidewalk demarcation? Fine, baby, Fine!!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 02:22:43 pm »

Ours has been up and down depending on who the president is. I had them send me three different letters telling me to trim my palm trees because they were in violation of the covenants and the Land Development Code. A board member neighbor didn't like to see any branches hanging on my 35' palm trees. I was pissed and started to call them as I enforced the Land Development Code and new there wasn't any truth to it. Any way I ended up settling down and sent them an email. It simply said I would love to comply with them but couldn't find the specs that my trees were to meet. Could they please send me the codes so I could make sure I was in compliance. I never heard back from them.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray