Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:40:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Trump's America in 2020.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: Trump's America in 2020.  (Read 9844 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2020, 03:37:04 pm »

I don't see them planting anything.  For all you know they collected those so they weren't used.  Even the comments overwhelmingly think something is fishy with the video.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 03:41:08 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2020, 03:39:57 pm »

this is why it useless to discuss things with you. It's been pointed out to you several times that Trump did not call "white supremacists "very fine people". You love to pretend you don't know and only use the CNN soundbite you also had people that were very fine people on both sides

“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group.  But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.  You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did.  You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

I submit that no person in attendance with the position that they should celebrate robert e lee was in fact a fine person or doing anything else other than celebrating a traitor and the institution of slavery.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2020, 03:41:31 pm »

shocked !!! .. no .. not really .. this is exactly what i expected and what i predicted earlier
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2020, 03:44:07 pm »

I don't see them planting anything.  For all you know they collected those so they weren't used.  Even the comments overwhelmingly think something is fishy with the video.

Watch it carefully.  They take the bricks out of the back of the truck and place it on the ground.  If they were gathering bricks and hauling them away, that would be different. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2020, 03:44:52 pm »

Fail.  Try again, slugger.  The quote is from the article that I linked.  Note that the article is not from some right wing nut job website.  It is from NBCnews.com  

"Video of police in Boston unloading bricks from a vehicle has been viewed millions of times. The person who first posted it has since taken it down, saying she can’t be sure whether it does indeed show officers leaving the bricks at a protest site as she first suggested. That hasn’t stopped others repeating the claim. NBC News’ has now verified the footage shows the police unloading the bricks at the police station."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/live-blog/2020-06-02-nationwide-protests-over-george-floyd-death-live-n1221821/ncrd1222216#liveBlogHeader

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2020, 03:46:34 pm »

Liberals and their crazy conspiracy theories.  Take the tinfoil hat off!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2020, 03:51:49 pm »

Liberals and their crazy conspiracy theories.  Take the tinfoil hat off!

Both liberal AND conservative dipshits are getting as hysterical as little girls and making things worse by spreading unverified nonsense on social media.   The situation is bad enough.  But 90% of people make zero effort to verify any of the BS they are spreading.  How about we all actually do a little verifying of information before we go getting all spun up and getting others all spun up. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2020, 03:53:06 pm »

Both liberal AND conservative dipshits are getting as hysterical as little girls and making things worse by spreading unverified nonsense on social media.   The situation is bad enough.  But 90% of people make zero effort to verify any of the BS they are spreading.  How about we all actually do a little verifying of information before we go getting all spun up and getting others all spun up. 
That's not the American way though...guilty first, proof later.   Cool
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2020, 03:58:02 pm »

That's not the American way though...guilty first, proof later.   Cool

Valid point.  Carry on, everyone.  We now return to our regularly scheduled broadcast of rumor based hysteria.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2020, 04:32:14 pm »

So how come Trump hasn't mentioned the very fine people protesting now?  He had lavish praise and encouragement for the right-wingers screaming about their constitutional right to spread diseases.

When neo-Nazis were marching with torches shouting "Jews will not replace us" and one of them drove a car into a crowd of pedestrians killing a woman in the process, there were "bad people on both sides" and "very fine people on both sides." So why aren't we hearing about the "bad people on both sides" during the riots?

Trump continually makes excuses and equivocates when it comes to those of his supporters who are white supremacists.  Even in the quote Tenshot cited (and bolded!), Trump said, "Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group." In other words, if you don't publicly identify yourself as a "neo-Nazi," you're a Very Fine Person who is just there to defend the honor of a general who committed treason in defense of slavery and had a commemorative statue erected 70 years later for the express purpose of intimidating black people.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 04:46:55 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2020, 05:37:19 pm »

So how come Trump hasn't mentioned the very fine people protesting now?  He had lavish praise and encouragement for the right-wingers screaming about their constitutional right to spread diseases.

Umm ... he has. I'm guessing that hasn't made the CNN or MSNBC news though. He's said several things about the protesters and honoring the memory of George. Again ... it's the criminal activity he has been attacking. So hard to find his postive quotes on google though. I guess that's just a coincidence? 

"The death of George Floyd on the streets of Minneapolis was a grave tragedy. It should never have happened. It has filled Americans all over the country with horror, anger, and grief."

“We support the right of peaceful protesters, and we hear their pleas. But what we are now seeing on the streets of our cities has nothing to do with justice or peace.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2020, 09:01:09 pm »

The first quote refers to a dead man, and completely avoids casting any blame (so, no "bad people on both sides").  Perhaps praise for the living is a bridge too far?
The second quote praises hypothetical "peaceful protesters," but then goes on to specifically exclude the actual people on the streets right now, saying they have "nothing to do with justice or peace."
Feel free to provide more quotes, though.  I know this game you like to play only works if we completely ignore all of Trump's incendiary statements (e.g. "When the looting starts, the shooting starts"), but ultimately, anyone trying to make a meal out of Trump's words of kindness towards his opposition is going to starve.

On a related note, now that many areas around the country have instituted curfews, when are we going to see all our armed patriots - the ones who thought 100,000 deaths were insufficient cause to disallow them from getting a haircut or their nails done - storming state capitols to Protect Our Liberty?  I was told that orders to stay home were Tyranny and Completely Unconstitutional Violations of Our Freedom.

I guess if thousands of people are dying per day then We Must Resume Our Lives, but if someone is looting a Target then our Constitutional Rights are optional.

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2020, 07:55:57 am »

Anything is possible as it always is. One thing for sure is that it's definitely a coordinated effort as it has happened in all the major cities. Since many Antifa has been arrested and/or been caught paying looters to destroy I'd bet it's a pretty good chance it was them. I can't for the life of me see how destroying something that was actually unifying would benefit the current administration. A more suspicious person would question why whenever things start going better for the country how we just happen to have another crisis seemingly out of nowhere. 

I can't disagree with this.  Your theory is honestly as valid as any other out there.  It's very suspect.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2020, 05:59:47 am »

Normally I try to stay out of international politics (Australian politics is annoying enough to comprehend and tolerate), however as an outside observer I would like to point out a couple of things that have me shaking my head in disbelief.

First with the Covid-19 crisis, the complete separation from the states and the Federal executive in what is a pandemic situation.

In Australia (admittedly a smaller population and only 6 states and two territories to juggle compared to 50 states plus others, etc) all state Premiers (equivalent to the US Governors) met with the Federal Government and together developed a plan to stop the pandemic, and that's regardless of the politics involved (currently overall it is a bit of a mish-mash of both conservative and liberal elements). Yes most states (like mine) have gone a little outside of the general narrative (enforcing a hard border to restrict travel), but generally it has been a well combined effort regardless of political ideologies.

The USA in comparison seems to be genuinely combative - is that seriously the best strategy in the face of a human disaster?

Secondly, I cannot believe an American President is buddying up to the likes of Putin (former KGB and basically a dictator) and Kim Jong Un (Communist leader, dictator) while dissing on the likes of NATO. It would be the equivalent of Reagan being best buddies with Muammar Gaddafi, the Ayatollah Khomeini, Kim Il Sung and Li Xiannian. You just have to hope there is method to this madness, otherwise if these three nuclear maniacs have a personal fall out we are all fucked.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 06:58:30 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2020, 07:41:32 am »

Normally I try to stay out of international politics (Australian politics is annoying enough to comprehend and tolerate), however as an outside observer I would like to point out a couple of things that have me shaking my head in disbelief.

First with the Covid-19 crisis, the complete separation from the states and the Federal executive in what is a pandemic situation.

In Australia (admittedly a smaller population and only 6 states and two territories to juggle compared to 50 states plus others, etc) all state Premiers (equivalent to the US Governors) met with the Federal Government and together developed a plan to stop the pandemic, and that's regardless of the politics involved (currently overall it is a bit of a mish-mash of both conservative and liberal elements). Yes most states (like mine) have gone a little outside of the general narrative (enforcing a hard border to restrict travel), but generally it has been a well combined effort regardless of political ideologies.

The USA in comparison seems to be genuinely combative - is that seriously the best strategy in the face of a human disaster?

Thanks for posting that.  It is always good to get the viewpoint of someone who is kind of on the outside looking in.   Sadly, I think you are spot on when it comes to the combative nature of politics in the US.   Our politicians are much more interested in pandering to their base constituents and "keeping those poll numbers high" to help them get re-elected than they are with actually solving any problems.   Congratulations to your politicians for putting aside their campaign rhetoric and actually working together on the Coronavirus situation. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray