Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:31:30 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Sacramento Kings announcer since 1988 gone after "All Lives Matter" comment
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Sacramento Kings announcer since 1988 gone after "All Lives Matter" comment  (Read 8158 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2020, 09:15:50 am »

Getting fired for tweeting "All lives matter", is ridiculous. Our society is a bunch of sensitive pussies. Always looking for something to be upset about.

nope .. wrong take
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2020, 02:40:53 pm »

I think getting fired for tweeting "All Lives Matters" is wrong too but I think there is more to the story. It sounds like he has a history although I don't know what that is. The funny part to me is that "All Lives Matters" or "Blue Lives Matters" or whatever is somehow offensive to blacks but saying "Black Lives Matters" isn't supposed to be construed that way. People pick and choose what rules they want to be offended by.

We are becoming a society that kills people in the media who have a different view... especially if they are white. The backlash Drew Brees has faced for giving his opinion in an interview where he was asked is stupid. He didn't attack anyone and I'm willing to bet he has helped more black families than most black professional athletes.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 03:12:22 pm »

I think getting fired for tweeting "All Lives Matters" is wrong too but I think there is more to the story. It sounds like he has a history although I don't know what that is. The funny part to me is that "All Lives Matters" or "Blue Lives Matters" or whatever is somehow offensive to blacks but saying "Black Lives Matters" isn't supposed to be construed that way. People pick and choose what rules they want to be offended by.

We are becoming a society that kills people in the media who have a different view... especially if they are white. The backlash Drew Brees has faced for giving his opinion in an interview where he was asked is stupid. He didn't attack anyone and I'm willing to bet he has helped more black families than most black professional athletes.

Did you read the funeral analogy?  If you can understand why “my child was special “ isn’t offense but the response “all children are special “ in context is offensive and rude, then you have the cognitive ability to understand why the hashtag #blacklivesmatter in response to the acquittal of Zimmerman was not offensive and the retort #alllivesmatter was offensive.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2020, 04:56:40 pm »

Did you read the funeral analogy?  If you can understand why “my child was special “ isn’t offense but the response “all children are special “ in context is offensive and rude, then you have the cognitive ability to understand why the hashtag #blacklivesmatter in response to the acquittal of Zimmerman was not offensive and the retort #alllivesmatter was offensive.
No and I haven't read any dissertation either. People hear a slogan and form an opinion. Sometimes it's Nike's "Be Like Mike" or Wendy's "Where's the Beef?" which draws people in and then there's one's like Time Warner: “Enjoy Better” which makes no obvious sense. It's not the fault of the person hearing it for not getting it. Well it use to not be. I'm betting you and Spider think all people should get anything involving minorities.

BTW .. Zimmerman was innocent of the law just like everyone thought from the beginning so anything resulting from that seems pretty artificial.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 04:59:10 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2020, 05:35:49 pm »

This all lives matter shit needs to stop.   Because NOT ALL lives matter!!   Thugs, looters, rioters and corrupt cops lives don't matter!!!   If you're out there using your authority to kill innocent people, if you're ransacking stores, if you're burning down buildings, if you're basically destroying other peoples lives, then you need to pay with your own!!!

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2020, 05:36:46 pm »

Tommy, sit this one out. 

Your stance on race isn't the voice we need right now.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2020, 01:01:39 am »

It's not the fault of the person hearing it for not getting it. Well it use to not be. I'm betting you and Spider think all people should get anything involving minorities.
It's not even an issue of "not getting it."  There are multiple people telling you the subtext and you simply refuse to accept it as valid.

So it's not like you don't know people will react in the manner they are... you are saying that you simply don't care.  Which is ultimately the root of the problem in the first place.

BTW .. Zimmerman was innocent of the law just like everyone thought from the beginning so anything resulting from that seems pretty artificial.
How do you feel about the acquittal of the officers charged with police brutality against Rodney King?  Were they proven as innocent as Zimmerman?  Were any protests or reform that resulted from the outcome of that trial also "artificial"?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 01:11:34 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2020, 10:57:47 am »

The Rodney King situation was bad all the way around.  It's not even a close comparison to Zimmerman. The police and DA thought that what Zimmerman did was "legal" based on the law and decided not to charge him. They were later forced to charge him, another DA was appointed and yet he was found not guilty. I think everyone thought the police in the King situation were extremely overboard. The protests were justified but the rioting and looting were not. It's never ok to hurt innocent people in order to get people to listen.

Look ... most everyone agrees that OJ Simpson killed two people and yet no one rioted or looted. That's how a civilized society acts when they don't get what they want.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2020, 03:52:21 pm »

Look ... most everyone agrees that OJ Simpson killed two people and yet no one rioted or looted. That's how a civilized society acts when they don't get what they want.

Those situations are the exact opposite of each other.  They shouldn't be used to compare.  Instead, you should be using them to contrast.

The LA Riots were a response to a continued problem that the people of that community were facing.  The LA police were terrorizing those neighborhoods and finally, that community had video evidence of exactly what they'd been complaining about.  The police being exonerated in the face of such damning evidence was proof that the deck was rigged against that community.  They rioted.

OJ was the opposite.  He was found not guilty, specifically in response to the Rodney King stuff.  That community was sticking it to the justice system.

White people didn't riot because what would they be rioting? 

That's what I think the disconnect is with you, CF.  People aren't rioting because a cop killed a black man.  They're rioting because the system continues to allow it, protect those people, and do nothing about it.  The system didn't care until rioters made them care.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2020, 01:43:19 am »

The Rodney King situation was bad all the way around.  It's not even a close comparison to Zimmerman. The police and DA thought that what Zimmerman did was "legal" based on the law and decided not to charge him. They were later forced to charge him, another DA was appointed and yet he was found not guilty.
Your argument was that a Not Guilty verdict meant that anything resulting from that event was pretty artificial.  Both the LAPD cops and George Zimmerman were found to have been justified in their use of force.  So what's the difference?

I think everyone thought the police in the King situation were extremely overboard.
The jury didn't, much like the jury in the Zimmerman case.

Do you think the reason OJ Simpson killed his ex-wife was because of racism?  Or did he kill his ex-wife for the same reason that thousands of domestic abusers kill their significant others?

Systemic racism was not an underlying cause in Nicole Brown Simpson's murder, just like it was not an underlying cause in Caylee Anthony's murder.  That's why there were no riots or protests when those verdicts came back Not Guilty.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2020, 09:13:34 am »

Those situations are the exact opposite of each other.  They shouldn't be used to compare.  Instead, you should be using them to contrast.

The LA Riots were a response to a continued problem that the people of that community were facing.  The LA police were terrorizing those neighborhoods and finally, that community had video evidence of exactly what they'd been complaining about.  The police being exonerated in the face of such damning evidence was proof that the deck was rigged against that community.  They rioted.

OJ was the opposite.  He was found not guilty, specifically in response to the Rodney King stuff.  That community was sticking it to the justice system.

White people didn't riot because what would they be rioting?  

That's what I think the disconnect is with you, CF.  People aren't rioting because a cop killed a black man.  They're rioting because the system continues to allow it, protect those people, and do nothing about it.  The system didn't care until rioters made them care.

My disconnect goes much farther than that. I do not believe in systematical racism to begin with. Blacks took over the NFL because they played better. The CEO leading Lowes is a black man who was better at his job. I've literally grown up with black kids from the projects. They have slept in my same bed as me in elementary, middle, and high school. Some have succeeded and others are dead. Just like my white friends. Life choices has more to do with opportunity than the color of your skin but I'm not supposed to say that even though I grew up poor white trash. That's why I love Ben Carson, Sheriff David Clarke and former police officer Brandon Tatum. They tell the truth about how they've grown up from the hoods and didn't experience the "victim" issues that are being protested.

I implore all of you to watch this. I don't expect you to agree with it but it will at least give you the opposite point of view (that I have a hard time expressing) and with no racism attached.

https://www.prageru.com/video/how-to-end-white-privilege/

« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 09:15:51 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2020, 11:07:32 am »

I do not believe in systematical racism to begin with.

Well, then.  That's the underlying problem. 

Maybe you'll come around eventually, but your stance on this stems from that issue -- we can both agree on it.  There's really not much more to discuss if that's the case.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2020, 11:15:49 am »

..I do not believe in systematical racism to begin with.

The first step in solving a problem is admitting that the problem exists, so there may actually be hope for you someday after all.

Nah...who am I kidding?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2020, 11:30:30 am »

Well, then.  That's the underlying problem.  

Maybe you'll come around eventually, but your stance on this stems from that issue -- we can both agree on it.  There's really not much more to discuss if that's the case.

The first step in solving a problem is admitting that the problem exists, so there may actually be hope for you someday after all.

Nah...who am I kidding?

This seems to happen frequently when systemic racism is brought up between opposing parties.  CF says he doesn't believe in systemic racism and you pretty much respond with, "if you don't believe it then there is no discussion."  In the entirety of the other thread I created with the WSJ article, there wasn't much factual evidence that systemic racism exists in 2020.  In fact, I gave various reasons why it doesn't exist, hoping to get some evidence from the other side to contradict me.  Instead I receive a philosophical debate with out much factual substance.  I'm pretty sure neither of you watched the video he posted, if you did than kudos for trying to see things from another perspective, that's all I've been trying to do.  I think the video CF posted does a good job of the opposite perspective on the issue.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 01:33:23 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2020, 11:57:38 am »

Tenshot is correct. I knew it was useless but at least I tried. There are a lot of blacks who have differing opinions than CNN or pandering Chuck and Nancy. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray