Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:30:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Sacramento Kings announcer since 1988 gone after "All Lives Matter" comment
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Sacramento Kings announcer since 1988 gone after "All Lives Matter" comment  (Read 8139 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2020, 11:58:55 am »

Denying the systemic racism that exist in the USA requires the same blindness and/or prejudice level as denying the holocaust.  

The evidence of its existence is overwhelming.  You choosing to be blind to it or denying it doesn’t disprove its existence it only proves your own racism.  

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2020, 12:32:16 pm »

And honestly, I would give as much time to a video "proving" there's no systemic racism as I would to a video "proving" there was no holocaust. It's a non-starter.

Racism is so deeply ingrained in american culture and society that the idea that it isn't systemic is absurd. It's peak white privilege to argue the contrary. And even to bust out the "black friends" to justify the belief is the cherry on top. And it isn't limited to black people, latinx people, asians, all have seen first hand parts of this. I've seen it first hand.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2020, 12:54:52 pm »

I mean.  CF is just factually wrong.  It's the coldest of cold takes.

But it makes me understand his position: These protests are just uppity people making a big deal out of nothing.  They're protesting a non-problem.

If that's the case, I'm sure that this protesting seems excessive.  But it means that I can't really engage the debate anymore because we aren't operating on the same set of facts.

You can't really debate the solution, when you can't agree that there exists a problem.  I actually feel pretty good about it.  It's so much clearer.  My talking in circles has become exhausting, but I get it now.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2020, 01:09:17 pm »

Denying the systemic racism that exist in the USA requires the same blindness and/or prejudice level as denying the holocaust.  

The evidence of its existence is overwhelming.  You choosing to be blind to it or denying it doesn’t disprove its existence it only proves your own racism.  
Deflection with no substance or facts.  I'm asking for a factual discussion and you're promoting cancel culture.  Your false equivalence of the holocaust is pretty laughable though.  You say the evidence is overwhelming, but you and everyone else have not done the one thing I've asked...show me the overwhelming evidence!

And honestly, I would give as much time to a video "proving" there's no systemic racism as I would to a video "proving" there was no holocaust. It's a non-starter.

Racism is so deeply ingrained in american culture and society that the idea that it isn't systemic is absurd. It's peak white privilege to argue the contrary. And even to bust out the "black friends" to justify the belief is the cherry on top. And it isn't limited to black people, latinx people, asians, all have seen first hand parts of this. I've seen it first hand.
You literally just said a bunch of buzzwords.  Substance, show me the systemic racism.  

« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 01:34:21 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2020, 01:21:55 pm »

I have to ask if semantics may be part of the disagreement here. You guys realize systemic and systematic are different things? They look to be used interchangeably in the thread.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2020, 01:33:48 pm »

I have to ask if semantics may be part of the disagreement here. You guys realize systemic and systematic are different things? They look to be used interchangeably in the thread.
I meant systemic, I edited my posts to reflect that.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2020, 01:47:16 pm »

One means widespread and the other means deliberate.  

There is both systemic AND systematic racism within police departments.  
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 01:52:57 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2020, 01:56:49 pm »

I mean.  CF is just factually wrong.  It's the coldest of cold takes.

But it makes me understand his position: These protests are just uppity people making a big deal out of nothing.  They're protesting a non-problem.

If that's the case, I'm sure that this protesting seems excessive.  But it means that I can't really engage the debate anymore because we aren't operating on the same set of facts.

You can't really debate the solution, when you can't agree that there exists a problem.  I actually feel pretty good about it.  It's so much clearer.  My talking in circles has become exhausting, but I get it now.
I can agree there is a problem. However, feel free to find and post the stats on the police killing unarmed black people versus black people killing black people. One is a small percentage of a percentage. And one is a high percentage. It's hard to take BlackLivesMatter seriously when they don't focus on the majority of black lives lost. In the BlackLivesMatter vs AllLivesMatter house burning scenario. The house on fire is is actually black on black crime, not black people killed by police.

If you go to the doctor for a heart attack and they find an ingrown toenail. Which one are they going to treat more seriously?

If you find an old car in a barn that you are going to restore. Are you going to get the engine and transmission working or are you going to change the hubcaps?

If BlackLivesMatter was serious, they would focus on the real reasons for the enormous amount of black lives lost. So yes, I can agree that a problem exists. But you don't want to focus on the real problem that kills the most amount of black lives.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2020, 02:01:38 pm »

I can agree there is a problem. However, feel free to find and post the stats on the police killing unarmed black people versus black people killing black people.

Unless you're making a nice fresh fruit salad, those apples and oranges don't belong in the same bowl.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2020, 02:15:24 pm »

Unless you're making a nice fresh fruit salad, those apples and oranges don't belong in the same bowl.

If BlackLives really Matter, then they absolutely do need to be compared. Unless of course you mean that BlackLives only Matter when they are killed by the police or white people. I guess all the thousands upon thousands of other black lives don't matter. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Go ahead Stroke, look up the numbers and post them. That will tell you if BlackLives really Matter or if it's just a racially motivated political stunt.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2020, 02:33:01 pm »

I can agree there is a problem. However, feel free to find and post the stats on the police killing unarmed black people versus black people killing black people

Completely irrelevant.

Name one time an ordinary citizen murdered someone in front of three police officers and wasn’t arrested on the scene?  Because that is what happened with Floyd.  

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2020, 02:42:53 pm »

Deflection with no substance or facts.  I'm asking for a factual discussion and you're promoting cancel culture.  Your false equivalence of the holocaust is pretty laughable though.  You say the evidence is overwhelming, but you and everyone else have not done the one thing I've asked...show me the overwhelming evidence!
You literally just said a bunch of buzzwords.  Substance, show me the systemic racism.  

We have in multiple thread over multiple years.  I am not reposting facts you refuse to accept, your racism is not worth my time. 

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2020, 02:49:46 pm »

We have in multiple thread over multiple years.  I am not reposting facts you refuse to accept, your racism is not worth my time.  
So your proof of systemic racism is multiple threads over multiple years on a Miami Dolphins message board in the off-topic section?  You refuse to have a factual based discussion with me or anyone else on here regarding this matter, then call me a racist as some sort of walk off home run?  Thank you for showing me your elitism, that you have such a morally high character that I can't even have a discussion with you, because "I'm not worth your time."

“The untrained mind keeps up a running commentary, labeling everything, judging everything. Best to ignore that commentary. Don’t argue or resist, just ignore. Deprived of attention and interest, this voice gets quieter and quieter and eventually just shuts up.”--Socrates
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 03:05:26 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2020, 03:05:49 pm »

So first off, black on black crime even being brought up in a thread about policing and systemic racism is just a straw man that will get you ignored any time it's brought up. Zero relevance, nothing.

About systemic racism in the justice system, it took me about 20 seconds to find a lengthy explanation with examples and links to peer reviewed studies that support the position.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/09/18/theres-overwhelming-evidence-that-the-criminal-justice-system-is-racist-heres-the-proof/

Also extremely lazy to even ask for it rather than just google it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2020, 03:10:53 pm »

I have posted many times that despite evidence that black and white people use illegal drugs at the same rate, black people are arrested FAR more often.  If systemic racism doesn't exist, how is this possible?

This is the problem with many of the statistics y'all are citing to "prove" racism is imaginary: you think these statistics are proving that the cops aren't racist, but the argument you are actually making is that the cops' racism is justified.

Don't believe me?  In your chosen examples of "factual evidence," try substituting "brunettes" or "green-eyed people" or "people born on Tuesdays" for "blacks." Would these observations still make sense?  Do you ever wonder why we have these kinds of studies correlating crime or intelligence with race, but not, say, foot size?

Racism.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray