Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:33:30 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Sacramento Kings announcer since 1988 gone after "All Lives Matter" comment
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Sacramento Kings announcer since 1988 gone after "All Lives Matter" comment  (Read 8154 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2020, 03:13:45 pm »

So first off, black on black crime even being brought up in a thread about policing and systemic racism is just a straw man that will get you ignored any time it's brought up. Zero relevance, nothing.

About systemic racism in the justice system, it took me about 20 seconds to find a lengthy explanation with examples and links to peer reviewed studies that support the position.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/09/18/theres-overwhelming-evidence-that-the-criminal-justice-system-is-racist-heres-the-proof/

Also extremely lazy to even ask for it rather than just google it.
Why are you all so hostile towards me?  I have been respectful to all of you since bringing this topic up.  If you want to convince someone of your point of view, up until now, you've all done a terrible job at presenting it.

No at all lazy, I need to see where you are coming from, which sources.  Was it lazy of you to not see this from another point of view?  CF can't even get you guys to watch a damn 3 minute video.  I'm going to actually read your bias article you posted, I'm going to scrutinize it, and if there is still strong, non-bias evidence you may have even convinced me, we'll see.  Give me a little time and I'll respond.  
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 03:31:53 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2020, 03:15:32 pm »

And just to be specific here:

In their book “Suspect Citizens,” Frank R. Baumgartner, Derek A. Epp and Kelsey Shoub reviewed 20 million traffic stops. In an interview with The Post, they shared what they found: “Blacks are almost twice as likely to be pulled over as whites — even though whites drive more on average,” “blacks are more likely to be searched following a stop,” and “just by getting in a car, a black driver has about twice the odds of being pulled over, and about four times the odds of being searched.” They found that blacks were more likely to be searched despite the fact they’re less likely to be found with contraband as a result of those searches.

this is proof of systemic racism

A 2013 Justice Department study found that black and Latino drivers are more likely to be searched once they have been pulled over. About 2 percent of white motorists were searched, vs. 6 percent of black drivers and 7 percent of Latinos.

In 2015, the Charleston Post and Courier looked at incidents in which police stopped motorists but didn’t issue a citation. These are sometimes called “pretext stops,” because they suggest that the officer was profiling the motorist as a possible drug courier or suspected the motorist of other crimes. The paper found that after adjusting for population, blacks in nearly every part of the state were significantly more likely to be the subject of such stops.

A 2017 study of 4.5 million traffic stops by the 100 largest police departments in North Carolina found that blacks and Latinos were more likely to be searched than whites (5.4 percent, 4.1 percent and 3.1 percent, respectively), even though searches of white motorists were more likely than the others to turn up contraband (whites: 32 percent, blacks: 29 percent, Latinos: 19 percent).

According to the Justice Department, between 2012 and 2014, black people in Ferguson, Mo., accounted for 85 percent of vehicle stops, 90 percent of citations and 93 percent of arrests, despite comprising 67 percent of the population. Blacks were more than twice as likely as whites to be searched after traffic stops, even though they proved to be 26 percent less likely to be in possession of illegal drugs or weapons.  Between 2011 and 2013, blacks also received 95 percent of jaywalking tickets and 94 percent of tickets for “failure to comply.” The Justice Department also found that the racial discrepancy for speeding tickets increased dramatically when researchers looked at tickets based on only an officer’s word vs. tickets based on objective evidence, such as vs. radar. Black people facing similar low-level charges as white people were 68 percent less likely to see those charges dismissed in court. More than 90 percent of the arrest warrants stemming from failure to pay/failure to appear were issued for black people.

A ProPublica and Florida Times-Union report published last year showed that black residents of Jacksonville are three times more likely to receive a citation for a pedestrian violation than white residents. The report found no correlation between aggressive enforcement of jaywalking laws and where pedestrians were most likely to be struck by cars and killed. Instead, they found that most citations were issued in majority-black neighborhoods. Residents of the three poorest zip codes in the city, for example, were about six times more likely to get pedestrian citation tickets.

Do i seriously need to list it all? I'm surprised there aren't riots more often.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2020, 03:20:38 pm »

Thread subject? Are we talking about racism? Or BlackLivesMatter vs AllLivesMatter? It's two different things

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2020, 04:12:05 pm »

Thread subject? Are we talking about racism? Or BlackLivesMatter vs AllLivesMatter? It's two different things

One is a subset of the other.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray