Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:06:32 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Breaking News: Marine Corp no longer allow the display of all enemy flags.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Breaking News: Marine Corp no longer allow the display of all enemy flags.  (Read 4776 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: June 06, 2020, 04:26:19 pm »

Up until yesterday most enemy flags were banned with one exception.  The exception is now closed. 

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/06/05/bumper-stickers-t-shirts-confederate-flags-now-officially-off-limits-marines.html/amp?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR1l1sEdPR1GZrsy4mJ25-QYzkuDnLl9mi817wdpTBKlqmg9FkaS4jgUY7g

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 05:16:47 pm »

Good.

Next step is renaming the Army bases honoring traitors.  I'm sure there are plenty of loyal Union military leaders who do not yet have have bases named after them.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 10:23:13 am »

I've heard about the base renaming before, who knows if that would actually happen.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 12:36:08 pm »

First off I have no issue with the military banning anything as they need to be at one with each other. Anything that separates is a distraction at best.

With that said ... in general society please explain the obvious hypocrisy to me. Why should a confederate flag be banned because of the way you interpret its meaning vs. people have to accept BLM regardless of how they understand its message? It's kind of like calling President Trump out for a "photo op" and then going hilariously overboard for your very own photo op just a few days later.  

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 12:43:58 pm »

First off I have no issue with the military banning anything as they need to be at one with each other. Anything that separates is a distraction at best.

You're going along so well in your first paragraph, and then...

With that said ... in general society please explain the obvious hypocrisy to me. Why should a confederate flag be banned because of the way you interpret its meaning vs. people have to accept BLM regardless of how they understand its message? It's kind of like calling President Trump out for a "photo op" and then going hilariously overboard for your very own photo op just a few days later. 

...and there's the old CF, once again, trying to sell a shoe that doesn't fit.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 12:57:20 pm »

You're going along so well in your first paragraph, and then...

...and there's the old CF, once again, trying to sell a shoe that doesn't fit.

LMAO ...  how doesn't it fit? It's the same exact situation.

Confederate Flag - Southern people say it means southern pride. Other people says it "only" means hate.

Black Lives Matter - Blacks and "woke" people say Black Lives Matter means "too". Other people say it sounds like you are saying "only" black lives matter. In fact the way we keep seeing all these white people forced into bowing and kissing black feet as they have racial slurs yelled at them ... it seems to mean something even much worse.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 01:09:28 pm »

are the marines flying BLM flags ? I wasn't aware of that.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 01:15:22 pm »

The stars and bars is also a flag of an enemy nation to the United States. It's a totem of the traitorous. It really should have no place anywhere in public display in the U.S.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 02:03:34 pm »

I'm good with that.  Glad they are doing it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 02:20:20 pm »

It should not be displayed on a Marine base for the same reason one should not display a Nazi flag, a WWII Imperial Japanese flag, North Korea flag, Al-Qaeda flag or ISIS flag on a marine base.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 03:24:49 pm »

Confederate Flag - Southern people say it means southern pride. Other people says it "only" means hate.
Then I guess the Real Injustice is that nobody ever seems to get around to asking the people flying swastika flags if they are just celebrating their German heritage.

"Some people say the swastika is just an ancient symbol representing the sun.  Others say it stands for extermination of the Jews.  Why does one group get to decide what it means for everyone else? Obvious hypocrisy."
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 03:27:55 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2020, 04:25:16 pm »

are the marines flying BLM flags ? I wasn't aware of that.
C'mon Fau ... I addressed that and then posed this question.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2020, 04:34:39 pm »

Then I guess the Real Injustice is that nobody ever seems to get around to asking the people flying swastika flags if they are just celebrating their German heritage.

"Some people say the swastika is just an ancient symbol representing the sun.  Others say it stands for extermination of the Jews.  Why does one group get to decide what it means for everyone else? Obvious hypocrisy."
If it is so damn offensive why did it take until "woke" white people told them to be offended? In the 60's Chicago Black Panthers aligned themselves with a rebel flag flying group.

Even now ... there are a lot of blacks who rock the flag. I've never seen a Jew rock a swastika and doubt any of you have either.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 04:44:09 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2020, 05:28:25 pm »

I don't know that "Some black people half a century ago were friends with people who flew the Confederate flag" is exactly the stinging rebuttal you might think it is.  You know there were actual Jews who joined the Nazis, right?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2020, 06:16:33 pm »

Nascar is even getting rid of the confederate flag. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray