Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:22:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  OSHA regulations don’t support wearing masks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: OSHA regulations don’t support wearing masks  (Read 1992 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: June 18, 2020, 03:20:38 pm »

NOT MINE ... I COPIED from Facebook

EVERYONE PLEASE read the following..these mask requirements are an absolute test in control and submission! 
Taken from someone else’s post!!! (A MUST READ, REGARDLESS ON POLITICAL SIDE)
Via. Rick Owenby (& Larry Stowe)

So Masks?
I am OSHA 10&30 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT
I wanna cover 3 things
• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks

Okay so upon further inspection OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick, you can be sued.
• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Walmart and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Walmart (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out)

• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGG these masks very Very quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless.”  IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, You become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on, you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”

Cloth masks: today three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me.

By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks health. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.

Ultimate Answer: N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.

The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. Its filtration works on the exhale. (Like a vacuum bag it only works one way)

Cloth masks are WORSE than none.

The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work.

Wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Wash your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirt is not clean, I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons. But trust me. The masks do not work.
*Occupational Safety & Health Administration sited.
The top American organization for safety.
They regulate and educate asbestos workers, surgical rooms, you name it.
If your mask gives you security wear it, just know it is a false sense of security.

If stores stopped enforcing it, no one would continue this nonsense.

MY PERSONAL NOTE:  I do not wear a mask any where.  If one is required, I DO NOT GO THERE!  If that bothers you or makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, STAY AWAY FROM ME!  Simple as that.  WE DON’T HAVE TO BE CLOSE.  We don’t have to see each other at all actually.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 04:26:16 pm »

https://rs-delve.github.io/reports/2020/05/04/face-masks-for-the-general-public.html

Our analysis suggests that their use could reduce onward transmission by asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic wearers if widely used in situations where physical distancing is not possible or predictable, contrasting to the standard use of masks for the protection of wearers. If correctly used on this basis, face masks, including homemade cloth masks, can contribute to reducing viral transmission.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 04:40:26 pm »

Wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Wash your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirt is not clean, I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here.

Yes, this looks like it is from someone who is definitely a medical expert...either that or just from some idiot who doesn't want to wear a mask.

I'm going to go with "B" on this one...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 05:05:14 pm »

Fau that doesn’t prove OSHA is different than what I posted. If you read the logic it makes sense based on the standards. I’ve worked in the environmental field in the past and it absolutely makes a huge difference in what gear you wear vs what environment you are in. The same with washing your hands. Some contamination will actually get worse under cold water vs hot water and vice versa. There is no one fix for everything.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 05:08:09 pm »

Yes, this looks like it is from someone who is definitely a medical expert...either that or just from some idiot who doesn't want to wear a mask.

I'm going to go with "B" on this one...

Lmao ... a person certified in HAZWOPER  most likely wouldn’t be a medical expert. Just some dumb person who works in contaminated environments and knows the difference between actual deconing and washing your hands.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 05:34:22 pm »

Chain e-mails posted to Facebook are not a good source of information.

Find me an OSHA regulator that has said "no masks."  Otherwise, this isn't even worth discussing.  This person is not an epidemiologist and does not know the first thing about how THIS DISEASE is spread.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 05:36:55 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 06:17:44 pm »

30 hours of OSHA training of which wearing a mask is one small portion of the overall training does not make one an expert in controlling viruses.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2020, 12:24:52 am »

OK, I'll bite.  This post is so flawed in the most obvious ways that I would feel remiss in letting it pass.

And CF: you're responsible for what you post.  It's no excuse to say "THIS IS NOT MY OPINION I'M JUST REPEATING IT"... and then proceed to defend it exactly as if it's an opinion you agree with.  The least you can do is own your position on the matter.

Now then:

Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGG these masks very Very quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless.”  IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, You become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on, you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”

Cloth masks: today three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me.

By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks health. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.
None of this is relevant at all.  Not in the slightest.

The premise behind wearing masks - surgical or cloth - is that it stops the droplets that come out of your mouth and nose when you breathe.

Does the mask prevent you from spreading microscopic airborne germs?  WE DON'T CARE.
Will the mask prevent you from inhaling other airborne germs?  WE DON'T CARE.
Can the mask become contaminated with "micro-mold"?  WE DON'T CARE.

It's literally irrelevant.  The purpose of the mask is to stop YOU from spreading the coronavirus that YOU don't know you have.  Period.

Might some mask wearers have enhanced allergies, or maybe even catch a cold?  AGAIN, LITERALLY DON'T CARE.  100,000 Americans haven't died in the last 3 months from sore throats; they have died from COVID.  And the mask is intended to stop the spread of COVID.

NOT the flu.
NOT chicken pox.
NOT ebola.

C O V I D - 1 9

But yeah, some asshole on Facebook thinks because he's had training on how to clean up a bleach spill, this makes him an expert in contagious diseases.

FOH

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 08:03:29 am »

The premise behind wearing masks - surgical or cloth - is that it stops the droplets that come out of your mouth and nose when you breathe.
This. The fact that he completely ignored this shows that even "informed" people can be very stupid.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2020, 09:37:10 am »

This. The fact that he completely ignored this shows that even "informed" people can be very stupid.

He is not “informed”. He took a 30 hour class on cleaning up spills, don’t inhale paint thinner, and disconnect power before fixing something.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2020, 09:37:46 am »

I wear a mask whenever i'm going into a building or anywhere with other people. I'm aware my miami dolphins stitched mask won't prevent me from catching covid. but it will prevent me from giving it to someone if i have it and don't know about it.

I'll just keep being a part of society and not be a giant asshole.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2020, 11:52:19 am »

He is not “informed”. He took a 30 hour class on cleaning up spills, don’t inhale paint thinner, and disconnect power before fixing something.
Yeah, that's why I put in quotes. He thinks he's informed.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 11:53:59 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2020, 04:18:01 pm »

OK, I'll bite.  This post is so flawed in the most obvious ways that I would feel remiss in letting it pass.

And CF: you're responsible for what you post.  It's no excuse to say "THIS IS NOT MY OPINION I'M JUST REPEATING IT"... and then proceed to defend it exactly as if it's an opinion you agree with.  The least you can do is own your position on the matter.

Now then:

Does the mask prevent you from spreading microscopic airborne germs?  WE DON'T CARE.
Will the mask prevent you from inhaling other airborne germs?  WE DON'T CARE.
Can the mask become contaminated with "micro-mold"?  WE DON'T CARE.

It's literally irrelevant.  The purpose of the mask is to stop YOU from spreading the coronavirus that YOU don't know you have.  Period.

Might some mask wearers have enhanced allergies, or maybe even catch a cold?  AGAIN, LITERALLY DON'T CARE.  100,000 Americans haven't died in the last 3 months from sore throats; they have died from COVID.  And the mask is intended to stop the spread of COVID.

NOT the flu.
NOT chicken pox.
NOT ebola.

C O V I D - 1 9

But yeah, some asshole on Facebook thinks because he's had training on how to clean up a bleach spill, this makes him an expert in contagious diseases.

FOH

Umm I did post my opinion already.

..... If you read the logic it makes sense based on the standards. I’ve worked in the environmental field in the past and it absolutely makes a huge difference in what gear you wear vs what environment you are in. The same with washing your hands. Some contamination will actually get worse under cold water vs hot water and vice versa. There is no one fix for everything.

First of all any basic environmental certification is a least 40 hours and includes a practical session. That mean you work in a "created"  contaminated environment to pass the cert. Most people have way more than that. Like I said that's a basic cert.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2020, 04:42:51 pm »

The logic does not "make sense" at all.  No one cares if masks have "micro-mold" because masks are intended to stop the spread of coronavirus, not mold.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray