Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:14:23 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  So what now? What have we accomplished?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: So what now? What have we accomplished?  (Read 7372 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2020, 01:49:17 pm »

One of the guys is being paid to wear it (as evident by his neck badge indicating he is employee of Pence). I am pretty sure the KC fan is just pointing out that the 49rs fan is am asshole, not supporting KC, SF and the confederacy.
The guy in the KC hat is a known supporter of the confederacy. I'm not sure how you get the fact that the other guy gets paid to wear it because he is on staff. Call me crazy but it seem like his choice of casual attire would be his own.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2020, 01:53:54 pm »

How can you guys not remember Hoodie is Jewish? He refused to watch Inglorious Bastards because he felt it painted Jewish people as the villain.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2020, 02:15:55 pm »

How can you guys not remember Hoodie is Jewish? He refused to watch Inglorious Bastards because he felt it painted Jewish people as the villain.

Did it ? .. I remember watching that movie  .. it painted nazi's as the villains .. unless i'm remembering a completely different movie.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2020, 02:18:32 pm »

Did it ? .. I remember watching that movie  .. it painted nazi's as the villains .. unless i'm remembering a completely different movie.
You're not, the Nazis were definitely the bad guys in that one.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2020, 03:01:34 pm »

The irony is that outside of this forum, most of my political disagreements on the internet are with other leftists who think I'm a neoliberal corporatist shill that wants endless war.

So I'm not exactly worried about "liberal infighting" here.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2020, 04:19:11 pm »

The irony is that outside of this forum, most of my political disagreements on the internet are with other leftists who think I'm a neoliberal corporatist shill that wants endless war.

aren't you tho ? .. not so much the endless war part .. but the neoliberal corporatist ?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2020, 04:54:52 pm »

Fau, that is exactly the correct response from you.  Cheesy

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2020, 08:06:42 pm »

That's what this place has gotten to. Anyone who isn't a mad lib has bailed or is getting ready to bail on this site. When that happens the only people you guys can argue with is each other.

Personally, I like the fact that most of the people here don't share many of my political opinions.  It would be boring to just talk about stuff with people who agree with me.  My stances on things are rarely inline with Dave, Spider, Fau,etc. but for the most part we disagree respectfully and they present a side of things that I wouldn't get if I just talked about current events with people who agree with me.  It helps that I don't take disagreements in here seriously or personally.  We are really just a bunch of faceless internet strangers and none of us should wield enough power with our words to upset each other. 
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2020, 12:07:17 am »

i aim to please Smiley
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2020, 04:37:09 pm »

I don’t recall ever commenting on that particular movie, nor any purposeful boycott.  I think I saw the the 1978 version.  I don’t think I have seen the 2009 version but don’t recall boycotting it.  There are plenty of movies I haven’t seen that I am not boycotting. I have seen other Tarantino films and am not much of a fan.

I do boycott Hogan’s Heros because I don’t find the representation of the SS as harmless fools (rather than ruthless psychopaths) to be an entertaining basis for a sitcom.  Yes, I do realize that POW prisoners were treated better than concentration camp inmates but still I don’t find the show entertaining.  I have never protested it or complained it should be taken off the air, I just don’t watch it.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 04:43:30 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2020, 08:17:17 pm »

I have not seen the movie, nor do I plan to. 

Not a big fan of movies set during World War II that portray the Nazi's as the victims of war crimes and portray Jews as brutal war criminals with no regard for the rules of war. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2020, 08:26:03 pm »

^^^^ I must have read a review of the movie at the time that was on my mind at the time that I no longer recall. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2020, 09:33:05 pm »

You know, normally I would just let this slide.  But after that little temper tantrum, I think there needs to be some accountability.

Hoodie, are you even going to attempt to address your "19 out of the top 20 results" total fabrication?  Are you going to address the fact that when YOU typed "when did the holocaust begin" into Google, the result that Google (NOT Wikipedia) immediately produced was 1941, which you promptly ignored right before screaming that I am an anti-semite for citing... the same date that Google itself gives as the standalone answer?

Are you EVER going to acknowledge your Obama's election proved racism is no longer relevant in America nonsense that you repeatedly threw at me prior to Trump's election?  Or do you stand by your previous statements?

I must have read a review of the movie at the time that was on my mind at the time that I no longer recall.  
Your logic is literally right there, cited by Phishfan.  So why are you acting like "I don't recall reading that review" addresses the point?

Why can't you just accept responsibility and admit you were wrong?  There are more options than radio silence or lame excuses.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 09:37:08 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2020, 10:38:16 pm »

You know, normally I would just let this slide.  But after that little temper tantrum, I think there needs to be some accountability.

Hoodie, are you even going to attempt to address your "19 out of the top 20 results" total fabrication?  Are you going to address the fact that when YOU typed "when did the holocaust begin" into Google, the result that Google (NOT Wikipedia) immediately produced was 1941, which you promptly ignored right before screaming that I am an anti-semite for citing... the same date that Google itself gives as the standalone answer?

Why can't you just accept responsibility and admit you were wrong?  There are more options than radio silence or lame excuses.

See my June 26 comment about him in this thread for the answer to your question.  Throwing out outlandishly incorrect comments, getting mad if you dare to disagree and then completely ignoring the facts when they are presented to him is pretty much his standard procedure. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray