Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:16:24 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Washington to change team name
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Washington to change team name  (Read 5950 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2020, 09:38:17 pm »

Looks like they will become the Washington Sentinels akin to the 2001 film The Replacements starring Gene Hackman and Keanau Reeves

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2020, 07:57:08 am »

The recently removed Loudoun County VA Confederate Soldier Statue was called "The Silent Sentinel".   If the Redskins change their name to the Sentinels, that would be an excellent way for them to honor the southern freedom fighters from the War of Northern Aggression.     Evil
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2020, 10:22:19 am »

The recently removed Loudoun County VA Confederate Soldier Statue was called "The Silent Sentinel".   If the Redskins change their name to the Sentinels, that would be an excellent way for them to honor the southern freedom fighters from the War of Northern Aggression.     Evil

I doubt Snyder is stupid enough to do that.  Doing that will cause him to lose his remaining sponsors and much of the fan base and cause serious strife with many players.  The few disgruntled ex-NASCAR fans he would gain would not be worth it.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2020, 02:04:14 pm »

5 years ago, Snyder could have changed the name to the Warriors and kept the spear logo.  But he's a rockhead, so that opportunity has passed.

Similarly, if there is any whiff of him changing the name to the Sentinels to honor the Confederacy, all the same sponsors who forced his hand in the first place will just force it again.  Snyder has zero credibility for good faith in this manner, and any name he picks will be thoroughly scrutinized for dog whistle potential.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2020, 05:00:23 pm »

I doubt Snyder is stupid enough to do that.  Doing that will cause him to lose his remaining sponsors and much of the fan base and cause serious strife with many players.  The few disgruntled ex-NASCAR fans he would gain would not be worth it.

I was mostly being sarcastic, but I doubt that Snyder or anyone with any sense would intentionally choose a name that would honor the Confederacy.  But it wouldn't be the first time that someone accidentally did something stupid by not doing thorough homework.  An overzealous group of statue warriors a few weeks ago destroyed what they thought was a confederate statue in Virginia.  It was actually a statue of a black, former slave.   
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2020, 10:13:42 pm »

Is this real life?  Guy can't tell the difference between a human and a dog?  And of all the reasons - for HEALTH INSURANCE!  OMG... hahaha

Wow...

Believe me, it's coming, just like all the other stuff from out in left field.  Pedophiles are now trying to get the same protection as LGBTQ.  You see in other counties where men are marrying little girls.  It will happen here too soon enough

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2020, 12:22:39 am »

Pedophiles are now trying to get the same protection as LGBTQ.
Are they succeeding?

It seems like the answer is relevant.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2020, 07:53:05 am »

You see in other counties where men are marrying little girls.  It will happen here too.

There is a strong correlation between countries that allow child brides and draconian punishments for homosexuals.  The countries with the greatest protections for LBGT have the least tolerance for pedophiles.   

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2020, 08:17:36 am »

There is a strong correlation between countries that allow child brides and draconian punishments for homosexuals.  The countries with the greatest protections for LBGT have the least tolerance for pedophiles.   

I agree.  In the Sharia Law muslim countries, they marry girls at 13 and throw homosexuals off of rooftops. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2020, 09:08:43 am »

I agree.  In the Sharia Law muslim countries, they marry girls at 13 and throw homosexuals off of rooftops. 

Not just some Muslim countries but all extremists countries. Including south american christian countries.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2020, 09:43:14 am »

Not just some Muslim countries but all extremists countries. Including south american christian countries.

Not to the egregious level that the Sharia Law countries do, but you are not incorrect. 
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2020, 10:03:57 am »

How's everybody feeling about the Washington Football Team name now?

I kinda like it when said as that, but box scores and standings that just have "Football Team" listed make me cringe.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2020, 10:06:34 am »

How's everybody feeling about the Washington Football Team name now?

I kinda like it when said as that, but box scores and standings that just have "Football Team" listed make me cringe.

I think it's kinda cool.  "Football Club" might sound more classic, but it's cool.  But I agree, when they try to say "Eagles vs. Football Team" that is cringey AF.  We just gotta be smart and call them Washington.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray