Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:35:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  What do you think has been the lowest point in franchise history?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What do you think has been the lowest point in franchise history?  (Read 4618 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: July 15, 2020, 12:37:27 pm »

Pretty self-explanatory.  Justify your answer.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 12:56:22 pm »

The  2007 one win season. I really was worried about going winless and I don't want to be in that club.  I have some honorable mentions that I will save in case someone else has it as theirs. I also have some that I view differently now than I did as they happened.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 01:22:01 pm »

It's honestly hard to say because what's the difference between winning 2 games or 4 games? Both are godawful.

On a personal level, the lowest point for me was the 2002 season. We just got Ricky Williams and beat the very tough Denver Broncos on the road to go to 5-1 on an Olindo Mare FG. Problem was, Jay Fiedler broke his finger and Ray Lucas had to start the next 6 games. By the time he showed his incompetence, our season was basically over. It's my lowest point as a fan because that was a Superbowl team and better than any of the 11-5 teams we had in years before and after and it went down the toilet due to an injury and a terrible backup.

The decades after that season just blend together because 5-11 and 7-9 are the same thing, can't have a low point when you are always low.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 02:39:38 pm »

Changing to logo to get rid of TD’s helmet.😀

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 02:54:00 pm »

For me, there was a perfect storm of bad stuff in 2013.

You had Bullygate.  Not only was it just sorta shitty situation in general, but our leadership looked totally incompetent.  We didn't handle it correctly from a management standpoint either.

On top of that, the team was mediocre on the field and had been for a long time.

They changed the logo, which wasn't very popular.  We really promoted the Club Liv stuff but the team was bad and it wasn't a good look.

Mike Dee was not very well-liked...came across as a snake-oil salesman.

The stadium experience was brutal.  ...outdated, hot as fuck, concessions were expensive and old.

Basically, we had a bad reputation.  ...the only thing that we had was a rich history, but the rebrand attempt really shyed away from that, too.  

Rough all around.

Oh, and on top of that, the HEAT were the local team that people cared about, since they were so good and we had the big 3, etc.  The Dolphins were just irrelevant with bad press on top of it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 02:55:51 pm by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 07:30:06 pm »

2007 for sure.

We came about 7 points away from going winless AND seeing NE go 19-0 in the same season.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 11:11:45 am »

Both responses above are valid, and its difficult to choose between the two.

However, what makes either of those different than "right now"

The Dolphins haven't been league-relevant in 20 years.  Just a cycle of retread coaches on 3 year tryouts and a QB carousel that continues to go around and around. Fans will never be happy, people will be mad a Flores an want him fired in 2 years.  Even Tua will get maligned in the media if he's not Patrick Mahomes and the Dolphins aren't winning Super Bowls by 2023. 

I think you could make an argument that the past 20 years, as a whole, is the lowest point in Dolphins history.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 01:35:14 pm »

maybe not the lowest, but losing 62-7 to the Jags in the playoffs, and that being Marino's last game makes me sad.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 01:58:34 pm »

2007 for sure.

We came about 7 points away from going winless AND seeing NE go 19-0 in the same season.

Yeah, I'm going to go with this one too. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 02:11:54 pm »

maybe not the lowest, but losing 62-7 to the Jags in the playoffs, and that being Marino's last game makes me sad.

As a surrogate Phins fan, this would have been my choice as well. I was moving that day, and had the game cranked on the radio. It was very tough to listen to...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2020, 04:16:01 pm »

Vivid memories of spending that sunday at a particular irish bar to watch the game with some of the members of this forum, and how Mark Brunell and Jay freakin Fiedler wiped the floor with us.  Marino didn't break 100 yards that day, in his last game.  Sad...
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2020, 12:53:52 am »

I am going with 2002/2003

All the talent those teams had and to not make the playoffs either of those years?

That's worse than winning one game IMO.

The 2003 was the worst.  They had a chance to end the Patriots dynasty week seven that year.  Olindoshank missed two kicks (granted he shouldn't have had the chance to kick the second one).  

Think of how the course of history might have changed if the Dolphins won that game.

Then there was Week 14, where Jay Fiedler can't hold on to the football.

Or the loss to the Texans Week 1 that season

Edit:  The worst part of the 62-7 Marino asking for one more shot in the third quarter.  It would have been nice for his final NFL play to be a touchdown pass.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 12:56:15 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2020, 02:35:43 am »

The 2003 was the worst.  They had a chance to end the Patriots dynasty week seven that year.  Olindoshank missed two kicks (granted he shouldn't have had the chance to kick the second one).   

Think of how the course of history might have changed if the Dolphins won that game.
Had the Dolphins won that game, NE still would have been the #1 seed and their path to the Super Bowl (which they won) would have been unchanged.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2020, 02:09:04 pm »

Yeah this is probably the low point.  I've never seen so many players on an NFL team just QUIT.  If I was the owner I probably would have gone down to the locker room and fired most of the team.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2020, 04:43:02 pm »

2007 1-15  Team.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray