Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:43:50 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Wilson & Hurns opt out
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Wilson & Hurns opt out  (Read 2709 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2020, 04:31:48 pm »

This doesn't seem like it would be complicated.  I imagine that all those guys in college would have an extra year of eligability, if they want it, but it's not required.  The draft would happen normally, with pro-days and workouts and game film being the primary means of evaluation.  The draft is such a crap-shoot anyway, that I don't think it will matter much.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I'm just worried because Miami has a slew of picks for next years' draft.  Yes, the draft is a crapshoot, but I'd feel better if everything was a normal draft year.  Some college conferences are deciding not to play at all, some are playing limited schedules within their conferences, etc.  Some players may leave early for the draft to get paid, while other quality players may stay for an extra year resulting in the draft will be low on talent.  What will happen in the NFL?  Will there be a full season, I doubt it.  If the season is cut short teams could have an unrealistic positive, or negative, ranking for the draft based on their schedules.  I just have this feeling that now that Miami has a bunch of high picks that they will get screwed.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2020, 06:10:21 pm »

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I'm just worried because Miami has a slew of picks for next years' draft.  Yes, the draft is a crapshoot, but I'd feel better if everything was a normal draft year.  Some college conferences are deciding not to play at all, some are playing limited schedules within their conferences, etc.  Some players may leave early for the draft to get paid, while other quality players may stay for an extra year resulting in the draft will be low on talent.  What will happen in the NFL?  Will there be a full season, I doubt it.  If the season is cut short teams could have an unrealistic positive, or negative, ranking for the draft based on their schedules.  I just have this feeling that now that Miami has a bunch of high picks that they will get screwed.

That's a fully reasonable take and a legit concern.

I wouldn't spend once more brain cell worrying about it, though, since there's really nothing that anyone can control or influence.  It's just a weird luck thing....but y'know, it could also work out in our favor.  These athletes may elect to declare for the draft earlier than they otherwise would because the NCAA season is unclear and they want the paycheck?

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray