Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:00:24 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Darrius Guice Arrested and Cut From Redskins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Darrius Guice Arrested and Cut From Redskins  (Read 2075 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« on: August 08, 2020, 07:12:28 pm »

I thought Darrius Guice had the talent to be a really good RB.  Someone will probably pick him up, depending on how bad the domestic assault ends up having been.  I've never done either of them, so I really wouldn't know, but drugs and beating women must really be fun considering how many pro athletes have pissed away their careers and millions of dollars because of those two things. 
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 09:46:48 pm »

I'm sure there's more to this story and some team will probably pick him up.  He happened to be in the worst position possible, playing on a team who is under fire for carrying an offensive nickname.   They had no choice but to let him go to avoid any additional negative publicity.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 11:16:21 am »

The headline is as inaccurate unless you also think Guice played for Louisiana State Seminary of Learning & Military Academy.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 12:44:16 pm »

The headline is as inaccurate unless you also think Guice played for Louisiana State Seminary of Learning & Military Academy.

Not sure I am following what you mean.  What is inaccurate other than the fact that they aren't called the "Redskins" anymore?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 02:01:03 pm »

Not sure I am following what you mean.  What is inaccurate other than the fact that they aren't called the "Redskins" anymore?

That is the inaccurate part. 

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2020, 02:14:15 pm »

That is the inaccurate part. 

Ah, thanks for pointing out that they are no longer called the Redskins.  You definitely caught the most important takeaway of the story.  Excellent job.  Headline from 1865:  "President Lincoln Killed At Ford's Theater".    Hoodie's reaction:  "What the hell? That headline doesn't even say what the name of the play was!"   
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2020, 02:42:50 pm »

Ah, thanks for pointing out that they are no longer called the Redskins.  You definitely caught the most important takeaway of the story.  Excellent job.  Headline from 1865:  "President Lincoln Killed At Ford's Theater".    Hoodie's reaction:  "What the hell? That headline doesn't even say what the name of the play was!"   

No, your headline would be “President Lincoln killed at the First Baptist Church”.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2020, 03:26:02 pm »

No, your headline would be “President Lincoln killed at the First Baptist Church”.

Dude, seriously.  I know that you like to be an argumentative douche on here, but if your big takeaway about Guice being arrested and cut was that I inadvertently used the term "Redskins", then you must really be a fun guy to hang around with.   
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2020, 01:48:05 am »

I'm mildly interested in seeing who insists on continuing to use that team's former name in 2021, 2022, and beyond.

Dolphster, I'm not saying your use here was intentional and purposeful, but I definitely do expect it to be a thing in some circles.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 01:52:22 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2020, 07:38:46 am »

I'm mildly interested in seeing who insists on continuing to use that team's former name in 2021, 2022, and beyond.

Dolphster, I'm not saying your use here was intentional and purposeful, but I definitely do expect it to be a thing in some circles.

I used it out of force of habit.  I wasn't trying to make some kind of silly anti name change statement or anything.  I'm sure I will also refer to the Raiders as the "Oakland" Raiders for a while until I get used to saying Las Vegas.  It never even crossed my mind that someone might continue to say "Redskins" as a protest against the name change.  But I'm sure you are right that some people will do that although it seems kind of pointless to me that anyone would do that. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2020, 09:45:34 am »

Same folk who continue to fly the Confederate flag.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2020, 11:00:38 am »

I thought Hoodie was just being a funny guy.

It'll take a while to get used to not saying Redskins anymore.  ...it's like calling it Joe Robbie Stadium, which I sometimes still do.  When they have a new name that's permanent, it'll be easy.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2020, 02:04:06 pm »

I thought Hoodie was just being a funny guy.

It'll take a while to get used to not saying Redskins anymore.  ...it's like calling it Joe Robbie Stadium, which I sometimes still do.  When they have a new name that's permanent, it'll be easy.

You mean TSFKAJRS?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2020, 02:23:31 am »

A good friend of mine is a fan of Dan Snyder's team.  As soon as they have Washington Football Team gear for sale, I'm going to buy him a hat or a shirt to troll him.

As for me, I'm looking forward to buying a bunch of Cleveland Spiders gear.  (Although I was pleasantly surprised to find out that one of my Indians jerseys - my oldest one, in fact - doesn't have Chief Wahoo on it.)

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2020, 11:28:15 am »

You mean TSFKAJRS?

Yeah. 

Pro Player Park, Pro Player Stadium, Landshark Stadium, Dolphin Stadium, Dolphins Stadium, Hard Rock Stadium

Those are just off the top of my head.  There may be more.  That's pretty crazy branding. 

I never call it Hard Rock.  Ever.  I think I still call it Dolphin Stadium.  ...or Joe Robbie.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray