Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:27:58 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  What are you watching? 8/24/2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What are you watching? 8/24/2020  (Read 1500 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: August 24, 2020, 02:49:51 pm »

The Tarantino Catalog:
I've gone back and rewatched The Hateful Eight, Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained, and Jackie Brown.  I am gonna check out Deathproof next, which I haven't seen in a long while.

Star Trek:
The new cartoon Lower Decks is something I really like a lot.  It has also sparked my interest in returning.  I'm watching some old classics that I've already seen, but also getting back on the Voyager horse.  I don't hate that show, but I keep falling off, just to get back on later.

The West Wing:
Love it.  Binging with my wife.  I think we're in season 4.

Schitt's Creek:
It's fine...pretty good.  Does some unexpected things with characters.  The tone is a little silly and some characters feel like cartoon while others don't -- my wife likes it more than me, but I like it okay enough to keep watching.

NBA Playoffs:
The HEAT, really.  I will put on another game here or there, but I don't stick with it.  Day basketball is great.

Coming up:
I'm gonna rewatch Donnie Brasco (saw a gangster doc on Netflix that got me interested in revisiting this, which I haven't seen since its release).

I'm waiting for a few episodes of Hard Knocks to build up before getting on that (need to fill the hole after finishing Last Chance U)

I'm told I need to watch Lovecraft Country.

Recommendation:
On Hulu, they released Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World about the Napoleonic Wars. It's about naval battles.  It was really good.

It lost a ton of money, because they basically built real ships and it just didn't do well.  Sick movie, though and one that a lot of people missed, for some reason.  So, check that one out.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 03:04:30 pm »

--We just finished Suits...it got pretty bad after the halfway mark, but overall I enjoyed the show.

--Just started Friday Night Lights.  I'm surprised how good of a show it is, and I'm still in season 1.

--Warrior Nun was pretty stupid, but I found myself still watching it.  My wife and I sometimes watch bad shows and make comments like Mystery Science Theater.

--Funny about Schitt's Creek, I thought it was only okay, but my wife liked it a lot.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 03:28:32 pm »

--Just started Friday Night Lights.  I'm surprised how good of a show it is, and I'm still in season 1.

Glad to hear this.  Friday Night Lights is honestly a superb show.  Season 2 loses its footing a little bit and gets away from the traditional small town football vibe into shitty murder plots, but they get away from it and it continues to improve down the stretch.

I honestly think that the lead couple's marital relationship is one of the best ever to be on film.  It just feels what it's like to be married, in a real relationship with someone who can be a pain in your ass but you still support.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 05:22:07 pm »

Nothing different from the last time I don't think. FNL started really good but I passed season 2 and never went back.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 06:09:24 pm »

Nothing different from the last time I don't think. FNL started really good but I passed season 2 and never went back.

Just power through.  They clearly had a writer's stumble, where the show didn't know what it was, but they made changes.  Seasons 3+ are fantastic. 

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 08:14:10 am »

We all know what Jerry Falwell Jr. has been watching.  His wife being banged by the pool boy.  Sorry, but I couldn't help myself because I take great joy in seeing phony, religious hypocrites getting knocked off their sanctimonious high horses. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 09:58:30 am »

I used to think that I spent too much time playing video games but after seeing how much time people spend watching TV, I'm not worried about it.  Evil

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2020, 10:04:51 am »

I forgot to mention, I went back to watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  It got pretty bad, but the final season was a decent enough wrap up to the show.  I'm wondering if anyone will make a cameo on the S.W.O.R.D. show they're making.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 11:04:14 pm »

Ozark on Netflix.  About a financial advisor from Chicago suddenly uprooting his family to move to Lake Of The Ozarks, MO because he is laundering money for a Mexican drug cartel.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 09:49:37 am »

We finished all of Friday Night Lights, which was really good beginning to end.  Even season 2, which wasn't my favorite, was still okay.

We're almost done with season two of Cobra Kai.  I like it a lot more than I thought I would.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 10:28:31 am »

We finished all of Friday Night Lights, which was really good beginning to end.  Even season 2, which wasn't my favorite, was still okay.

I was going to ask you if you were still working through Friday Night Lights.  Damn...you put in some work.

My wife, who doesn't care about football at all, really liked that show.  She was really happy with the way that it ended and the message that it sent.  She still brings it up 10 years later.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 10:51:11 am »

We finished all of Friday Night Lights, which was really good beginning to end.  Even season 2, which wasn't my favorite, was still okay.

We're almost done with season two of Cobra Kai.  I like it a lot more than I thought I would.
Cobra Kai season 2 finale was crazy! Season 3 wrapped up filming just before Covid so hopefully it comes out early 2021.

We just finished watching all three seasons of Glitch on Netflix and are a couple of shows into Away. Glitch had some interesting concepts that slowly unfolded as the series went on and what can go wrong with Hillary Swank leading a 3 year mission to Mars? Both series have been entertaining without being too hokey.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2020, 05:36:41 am »

Cobra Kai season 2 finale was crazy! Season 3 wrapped up filming just before Covid so hopefully it comes out early 2021.

We just finished watching all three seasons of Glitch on Netflix and are a couple of shows into Away. Glitch had some interesting concepts that slowly unfolded as the series went on and what can go wrong with Hillary Swank leading a 3 year mission to Mars? Both series have been entertaining without being too hokey.

The only reason for the delay in releasing season 3 was Cobra Kai's move from YouTube Premium to Netflix.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray