Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:43:58 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Miami Cuts 5th Rounder Curtis Weaver
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Miami Cuts 5th Rounder Curtis Weaver  (Read 1196 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: August 25, 2020, 03:05:41 pm »

Sounds like he has a serious foot injury and is out for the year. Possible he goes unclaimed due to the injury and he stays on our IR. That sucks, he was kind of a sleeper pick for us.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 03:06:54 pm »

I hope he's around next season, I was excited to see what he could do.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 05:21:21 pm »

He's been claimed off waivers by Cleveland.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 05:55:18 pm »

He's been claimed off waivers by Cleveland.

That sucks. Did we really need to cut him? Why couldn't he have stayed on our injured list for the year?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 11:33:35 pm »

Cap hit, I imagine.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 08:08:27 am »

I'm reading that he just wasn't very good, and wasn't going to make the 53 man roster anyway.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 08:21:27 am »

Just saw that about Cleveland picking him up.  There had to be more going on than just the injury.  He was considered a "steal" in the 5th round according to the press.  There is hardly any money invested in a 5th round draft pick, so I'm thinking there was more to it than just the injury.  Like Tenshot said, maybe he just wasn't that good or maybe there was a personality issue or not picking up the playbook.  Something.  I guess it doesn't matter what it was, but there had to be something more to it than just the injury. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 08:49:45 am »

Just saw that about Cleveland picking him up.  There had to be more going on than just the injury.  He was considered a "steal" in the 5th round according to the press.  There is hardly any money invested in a 5th round draft pick, so I'm thinking there was more to it than just the injury.  Like Tenshot said, maybe he just wasn't that good or maybe there was a personality issue or not picking up the playbook.  Something.  I guess it doesn't matter what it was, but there had to be something more to it than just the injury. 
One of the main rumors I saw was he was out of shape and not doing much about it...take that for what it's worth though.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 11:16:00 am »

One of the main rumors I saw was he was out of shape and not doing much about it...take that for what it's worth though.

Well, it was pretty shocking that he even fell this far so can 32 NFL teams be wrong in not drafting him earlier? If true, nothing worse than kids who throw careers away over silly attitude problems.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 11:29:43 am »

I kind of hoped/expected that he would do well for Miami. So much for that call. Wink

OK, Curtis...go sit on the bench next to Joe Toledo.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2020, 11:46:17 am »

Well, it was pretty shocking that he even fell this far so can 32 NFL teams be wrong in not drafting him earlier? If true, nothing worse than kids who throw careers away over silly attitude problems.

Kinda like the UDFA rookie in Seattle who got cut for sneaking a girl into his room.  This is pretty similar.  He's a 5th rounder so there's not much invested in him.   He's struggling to make the team but he's not taking training camp seriously, and for all we know, he could be milking that injury to get paid.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2020, 02:49:17 pm »

https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/1298657804807475200

Cameron Wolfe
@CameronWolfe
Rookie DL Jason Strowbridge is a player who keeps flashing during Dolphins practices thus far. Strowbridge and rookie DL Raekwon Davis, who has been impressive too, could both see notable Year 1 roles on defense. Front-7 looks improved.

Strowbridge's strong play might be another reason Weaver was let go so easily.  I've been high on Davis ever since we drafted him, reports are him being officially 6-7 330lbs in training camp...That's mostly muscle too, he isn't a fat guy at all, and he's pushing guys around a lot in camp.  Davis is my favorite player we drafted not named Tua.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2020, 09:03:56 am »

I actually really liked Strowbridge coming out of college with my only concern on him being that for someone who can play either inside or on the edge, he is a bit of a tweener in size.  A little too light to plug the middle and not quite quick enough for the edge.  But as we have seen many times in the past, being a good football player can overcome a lot of physical things. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray