Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:54:33 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Milkwaukee Bucks Boycott Playoff Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Milkwaukee Bucks Boycott Playoff Game  (Read 3960 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2020, 05:29:01 pm »

The problem with this method is that it doesn't make the correct point to people it actually needs to. I understand it is making use of the most powerful weapon they have but it isn't going to open a discussion about police violence. There needs to be common ground found at some point and this clouds the water I fear.
I don't think this objection can be addressed.

Let's keep in mind that when the protest of choice was silently kneeling, this was considered a grave offense and a outrageous insult to America.  Any protest that is visible enough to be noticed will be called the wrong way to go about protesting.

There will always be a group of Americans that, when it comes to protests for causes they do not support, the only acceptable level of visibility is "invisible."

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2020, 07:07:04 pm »

I've never seen anyone claim that LeBron really only has two championships, or that Duncan and Pop have an asterisk next to their five, or that John Riggins's Super Bowl MVP is illegitimate.  Nor have I seen anyone say that the World Series held when many top players were serving in WW2 don't count.

In 10 years, the only thing that people will care about is who won the championship.

For the NFL and NHL? Sure, I can see that. For MLB? I don't think so. 60 game schedule, rule changes just for this season, expanded playoffs and games canceled due one player having a positive test? That's too extreme. Every other league is just a long break in between, MLB isn't even playing 40% of a season.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2020, 08:14:29 pm »

I don't think this objection can be addressed.

Let's keep in mind that when the protest of choice was silently kneeling, this was considered a grave offense and a outrageous insult to America.  Any protest that is visible enough to be noticed will be called the wrong way to go about protesting.

There will always be a group of Americans that, when it comes to protests for causes they do not support, the only acceptable level of visibility is "invisible."

The thing is, there are people out there that agree with the cause but they are too wrapped up in objecting to the method to join the fight.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2020, 09:12:12 pm »

They've also boycotted the series against the heat.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2020, 09:39:31 pm »

They've also boycotted the series against the heat.

Hard to beat a quality NBA team when your priorities lie elsewhere.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2020, 10:15:22 am »

I'm 100% okay with them sitting out games to protest vs. kneeling during the national anthem.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray