Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:06:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Kalen Ballage Released
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Kalen Ballage Released  (Read 2190 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« on: August 27, 2020, 09:12:03 am »

According to SB Nation, Kalen Ballage is being released.  Not surprising, but I sure missed the mark on this one.  Coming out of college, I was excited to see the Dolphins get him in the 4th round as I thought he would be an immediate quality 3rd down RB with the potential to become a starter.  But outside of that one game, he has just looked lost and terrible his entire time with the team. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 09:28:04 am »

Physically, he's a beast...but it didn't transfer to the NFL at all.  Not sad to see him go.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 02:04:34 pm »

Reports are coming out he is being traded to the Jets
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 05:54:46 am »

^ Conditional 7th round pick.

There's quite a bit of criticism directed at the Jets (and Gase) for this move, but considering that at minimum the pick is going to be conditional on Ballage making the 53 man roster, I think it's a no-lose situation. Cut the guy in a few weeks if it isn't panning out and there's nothing lost. And, seriously, ANY player that can make the final roster is worth a 7th round pick in my book.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 08:19:11 am »

^ Conditional 7th round pick.

There's quite a bit of criticism directed at the Jets (and Gase) for this move, but considering that at minimum the pick is going to be conditional on Ballage making the 53 man roster, I think it's a no-lose situation. Cut the guy in a few weeks if it isn't panning out and there's nothing lost. And, seriously, ANY player that can make the final roster is worth a 7th round pick in my book.

Agreed.  At first I was surprised that the Jets gave up anything for him.  But when I saw the details I realized it was pretty much a win/win for both teams.  As you said, pretty much anyone who makes the 53 man roster is worth a 7th rounder.  And the Dolphins were going to cut him anyway, so maybe they will pick up a 7th rounder next year. 
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 08:30:52 am »

I liked him. I'm sorry to see him go, but at least they're getting something for him. But I HATE HATE HATE trading guys within the division. Wes Welker anyone?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 01:59:21 pm »

^^^Trade him or lose him for nothing. The Dolphins made the most of that turd.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 05:01:29 pm »

The trade was voided because he failed the physical.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2020, 08:50:17 pm »

The trade was voided because he failed the physical.

That is like stepping on a piece of gum, finally getting it scraped off your shoe, and then turning around and stepping on it again.  lol
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2020, 07:32:20 am »

This is the most Kalen Ballage thing that could have happened.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2020, 11:37:40 am »

This is the most Kalen Ballage thing that could have happened.

It should become part of sports vernacular. "The trade between the Patriots and Packers fell through when the Defensive End Ballaged his physical."
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2020, 11:31:02 am »

Definitely won't she a tear on this one, he was awful. He knows it, we know it, the league knows it.
End of rant

I'd rather be lucky than good.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2020, 10:30:40 am »

I liked him. I'm sorry to see him go, but at least they're getting something for him. But I HATE HATE HATE trading guys within the division. Wes Welker anyone?

Dolphins didn't really have much choice once NE and WW came to terms. Dolphins mistake was tendering a 2nd round offer sheet instead of a first-round one.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2020, 10:52:47 am »

Dolphins didn't really have much choice once NE and WW came to terms. Dolphins mistake was tendering a 2nd round offer sheet instead of a first-round one.

Wes Welker did a great job working with Deebo Samuel last year as SF's WRs coach. Hopefully he can get as much out of Brandon Aiyuk this season.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2020, 11:09:08 am »

Wes Welker did a great job working with Deebo Samuel last year as SF's WRs coach. Hopefully he can get as much out of Brandon Aiyuk this season.

The 49rs WRs played outstanding all season long but fell short on a few catches in the 4th quarter of the superbowl, hmmm....kinda sounds like the playing career of their coach.  😀

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray