Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:11:18 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  ESPN: Rosen Gone
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: ESPN: Rosen Gone  (Read 1713 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« on: September 04, 2020, 10:47:24 pm »

According to ESPN, the Fins could find nobody willing to give even a half eaten ham sandwich to them to take Rosen off their hands. I said at the time of the trade that the Dolphins threw away a 2nd round pick when they traded for that bum.  Having a low football IQ and a poor attitude is not a good combination for a QB. 
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 11:03:55 am »

Looking back, I wasn't too crazy about the trade, cause like you said, it took away a 2nd round pick.  Though ARI didn't seem to make the most of that pick, it still could greatly benefited MIA

Was hoping when they got Rosen, they had seen a diamond in the rough and he would benefit from a change in scenery and make the most of it.  It is what it is, I guess.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 12:33:55 pm »

I don't think we gave him a fair shot in 2019, only 10 quarters of play. Still, can't argue with the release now with Tua and Fitz on board.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 06:24:52 pm »

I don't think we gave him a fair shot in 2019, only 10 quarters of play. Still, can't argue with the release now with Tua and Fitz on board.

I knew someone would say this and I absolutely hate it. We are talking about the NFL. You aren't supposed to be given anything. He didn't earn it. This isn't Pop Warner where everyone gets a chance just because they fit into a uniform. No participation trophies at this level.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 06:33:16 pm »

I knew someone would say this and I absolutely hate it. We are talking about the NFL. You aren't supposed to be given anything. He didn't earn it. This isn't Pop Warner where everyone gets a chance just because they fit into a uniform. No participation trophies at this level.

Not saying he deserved it because he was a nice guy, saying that if you spend a 2nd rounder on someone you thought could be the future, you owe it to yourselves to give him enough opportunities to sink or swim. I don't think 2 games was enough to be 100% sure he was a bust.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 09:55:45 pm »

Not saying he deserved it because he was a nice guy, saying that if you spend a 2nd rounder on someone you thought could be the future, you owe it to yourselves to give him enough opportunities to sink or swim. I don't think 2 games was enough to be 100% sure he was a bust.

What about two games, two offseasens and a full season with the team. That is plenty.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 10:52:30 am »

Rosen was signed to the Bucs practice squad. Their current backup is Blaine Gabbert. Taking a year to learn from Brady is probably the best thing for him. Maybe 2 years, who knows?
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2020, 10:47:12 am »

Rosen was signed to the Bucs practice squad. Their current backup is Blaine Gabbert. Taking a year to learn from Brady is probably the best thing for him. Maybe 2 years, who knows?

Seeing that Arians and staff coached him for a year, and seeing that he would be a cheaper backup than Gabbert next year, this was a pretty good move

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2020, 12:04:54 pm »

My problem with this move is they put Jake Ruddock on the practice roster so he's essentially the 3rd QB now. Would rather have Rosen be on the practice roster if that was possible. Not sure if it was an option or not.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 12:46:03 pm »

My problem with this move is they put Jake Ruddock on the practice roster so he's essentially the 3rd QB now. Would rather have Rosen be on the practice roster if that was possible. Not sure if it was an option or not.
We're talking practice squad, it doesn't really matter all that much.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2020, 03:08:47 pm »

We're talking practice squad, it doesn't really matter all that much.
It might if Fitzpatrick gets hurt. Would rather see Rosen standing next to Tua rather than Ruddock. Just my opinion. Doesn't matter now, but it might a couple months from now.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 08:18:42 pm »

I thought they would keep him around, kinda surprised by this.  Was it a cap space issue?
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 12:10:12 pm »

Seems like they already decided Tua has already surpassed him... which is ultimately a good thing. If Fitz goes down Tua is ready, or he will just surpass him in a few games like Marino did with Woodley back in the 80s... already there's the confidence already that he will take it on from here.

I am probably in the minority in that sending a 2nd to get Rosen was not a completely wasted pick... he was insurance if a guy like Tua did not land in our lap (and he did) and he had the skills in college that got him drafted 1st round - we got the chance to try him out vs Tua and Fritz and passed him on - that should be a good sign that we are in not a hopeless state.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 03:27:54 pm »

I am probably in the minority in that sending a 2nd to get Rosen was not a completely wasted pick... he was insurance if a guy like Tua did not land in our lap (and he did) and he had the skills in college that got him drafted 1st round - we got the chance to try him out vs Tua and Fritz and passed him on - that should be a good sign that we are in not a hopeless state.
Agreed.  The fact that MIA was still in a position to draft Tua was the dumbest of dumb luck.  If not for Tua's injury, MIA might not have taken a QB at all and Rosen could be fighting for the starting job.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 03:29:25 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 09:50:29 pm »

Rosen would not have been fighting for a starting job. He would have been fighting for a backup spot still. Why do any of you see anything in the guy? He is a practice squad QB.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray